It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Food Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

www.marketskeptics.com...

Thursday, December 17, 2009Thursday, December 17, 2009
*****2010 Food Crisis for Dummies*****
by Eric deCarbonnel

If you read any economic, financial, or political analysis for 2010 that doesn’t mention the food shortage looming next year, throw it in the trash, as it is worthless. There is overwhelming, undeniable evidence that the world will run out of food next year. When this happens, the resulting triple digit food inflation will lead panicking central banks around the world to dump their foreign reserves to appreciate their currencies and lower the cost of food imports, causing the collapse of the dollar, the treasury market, derivative markets, and the global financial system. The US will experience economic disintegration.

The 2010 Food Crisis Means Financial Armageddon

Over the last two years, the world has faced a series of unprecedented financial crises: the collapse of the housing market, the freezing of the credit markets, the failure of Wall Street brokerage firms (Bear Stearns/Lehman Brothers), the failure of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, the failure of AIG, Iceland’s economic collapse, the bankruptcy of the major auto manufacturers (General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler), etc… In the face of all these challenges, the demise of the dollar, derivative markets, and the modern international system of credit has been repeatedly forecasted and feared. However, all these doomsday scenarios have so far been proved false, and, despite tremendous chaos and losses, the global financial system has held together.

The 2010 Food Crisis is different. It is THE CRISIS. The one that makes all doomsday scenarios come true. The government bailouts and central bank interventions, which have held the financial world together during the last two years, will be powerless to prevent the 2010 Food Crisis from bringing the global financial system to its knees.

Not fear mongering. This is my first official post and as I didn't see anything here yet about the grim prospects of next year in the food market, thought I'd give you alla heads up.

Ciao

[edit on 20-12-2009 by daddio]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hi, congrats on your first "official" post!

Just wondering thou, what & where is the "undeniable evidence that the world will run out of food next year"?

I could say that too, but proof would be demanded- & rightly so. So, where is the proof, from this writer?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Sorry man, someone beat you to it yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The world will run out of food next year?

I think the wording is bizarre.

Sounds like a tongue in cheek way to let you know the ports could be shutting down.

Could be something with gas rationing so that delivery trucks will not be able to come cross country because it won't be financially feasable.

Could have something to do with UN protocols---- international shipping treaties and environmental issues.

Certain corporations have bought up all the mom and pop seed companies. Now the catalogues are mostly hybrid vegetables.

I do not think the "world will run out of food".

The time may come when you won't have watermelon at christmas or products from Chile because the expense may be too great or because of environmental treaties.

Just learn to grow your own, share with others, and eats what's in season and be grateful to have it. Many have been much worse off.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The issues is more like bread for the people of Egypt, not watermelon at Christmas.
The amount of land production changed over to biofuel production plus crop failures plus increased consumption with improving life situations in places like China means that staples like wheat and corn may indeed be in very short supply in many parts of the world in the near future.
Last year there were food riots in Egypt.
Some countries banned food exports so they could be sure to feed their own people.
Famine in many parts of the world is a very real possibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Thanks, apology posted here.

And to answer the question of proof. This has been a long process, when GMO doesn't work as fast as TPTB would like, just like the AIDS virus didn't do what they wanted it to do, they will resort to other things. If they can control the food, they can manipulate us. I know that isn't proof positive but is a most likely scenerio.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Quite right.

Great topic for a first thread, but please direct further comments to the preceding thread.

Closing.

top topics

join