It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting hit by Awesome Snow Storm!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thought I would share, usually we dont get snow storms like this here (NJ) in December, usually in January or Februrary.
I have 8 inches on the ground, expecting 6 to 10 inches more, dont laugh if you are from Minnesota or Canada, I know you guys are used to it. I got all my supplies and am ready to ride it out, yes I have plenty of beer.
The kids love it!

Anybody else experiencing this storm that has hit Maryland on up to New England?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nice one! I miss the Snow a lot. Used to get plenty in Scotland, but dont see any here in New Zealand! (apart from on the mountains)

Beer, Fireplace, Xmas time.....ah...im jealous!!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Garble garble garble global warming garble garble garble what's snow?

But seriously, here in PA it is pretty common but the last few years have been "meh" in the snow department, at least in my area. Got about 9-10 inches up here so a pretty good hull that usually never shows up until January as well. Nice change of pace in my opinion and a spit in the face of the global warming nuts.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
/JEALOUS!!!

I live in Louisiana, so the only time I'll see 8 inches of snow on the ground is when the apocalypse happens.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Ha, Im actually glad I live in this region, we get to experience all 4 seasons and makes you appreciate 75 degrees with a soft breeze, Im sure people in San Diego take it for granted by now.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sounds like you have been blessed this Holiday season, glad to hear your kids are having a wonderful Christmas time.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Make a snow ball for us in the south.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Some pretty cool pictures posted by several members of this historic storm:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Some pretty cool pictures posted by several members of this historic storm:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Wow,
, there are even ORBS in some of those photos. It must be a sign of some kind. Beware, it could mean winter is here.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Why is it historic? Surely they have had Christmas Blizzards before?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Why is it historic? Surely they have had Christmas Blizzards before?

I believe (though I'm not sure until the final accumulation numbers are in) that many parts of the mid-atlantic broke december snowfall records.

Edit: Here we go ...

“This is definitely the biggest snowstorm on record for D.C. in December,” said Alan Reppert, a meteorologist for AccuWeather.com Inc.

The previous record December snowfall for Washington was 12 inches in 1932, he said. www.bloomberg.com...

So yes, it was historic.

[edit on 20 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Looks like the East coast is being hammered pretty bad. Get the fire cranking!!

Incidents thought to be storm-related claimed five lives and forecasters warned of 35mph (56km/h) winds in what may be the worst snowstorm in a decade

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Southwest CT here...i drove home from work on I 95 init, around 12 30 am...roads are bad! they havnt even started sanding yet, its eeeire, destructive yet beutiful out
my eyes were almost glued to the ghostly scenery in its beuty

reminds me of when i was a kid aroundhere, early 80's..we had so much snow, i was maybe 5 or 6 at the time, snow was up to my chest! i rememebr the bliozzard we had here, around 1995* thie was so much snow, the city ran out of room to get rid of it..it was being hauled off in dumptrucks to NJ i think to be dumped. come april,, it got warm too fast, and enormous pikles of snow melted too fast
i was downtown near the beach, looking at cars that got stuck in lake puddles of water at intersections..it was a real mess that year.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have to admit I am loving this snow. We might have 2 feet on the ground just outside of DC. Yeah we did get a lot more in PA. Does anyone from DC think it odd that we got snow in December? Does anyone think its linked to something. I have a feeling but not sure.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

Mmm, I live in DC and as I mentioned before it is apparently the worse snow storm since they've been keeping records.

This isn't normal for any winter month:

I remember reading somewhere that we should expect a colder winter with more precipitation than usual on account of ocean currents and temps.

Having said all that, it's not really wise to gage climate by looking at the weather outside one's window ... could be an isolated incident or part of a greater trend.

Truth is, no one really knows.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Its good to finally meet someone close to home. My name is Kenny, i live in Annandale and I have shoveled my driveway twice.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

OMG, they snowed in Kenny ... you bastards!

Always nice to meet a neighbor ... say, feel like coming over to dig the dog out?

Edit to stay on topic: So I just went out and measured, and there's 25 inches of snow on the roof of my car ... so I'm pretty sure it's an all time record.

And no, I'm not opening that door to measure!

[edit on 20 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Ha. Yes they are bastards indeed. Tell you what. You help me shovel my long arse driveway and I will help you. Then kick some back and watch some football.

top topics

join