It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
On orders from President Barack Obama, the U.S. military launched cruise missiles early Thursday against two suspected al-Qaeda sites in Yemen, administration officials told ABC News in a report broadcast on ABC World News with Charles Gibson.
The Yemen attacks by the U.S. military represent a major escalation of the Obama administration's campaign against al Qaeda.
President Obama placed a call after the strikes to "congratulate" the President of Yemen...
Along with the two U.S. cruise missile attacks, Yemen security forces carried out raids in three separate locations.
American officials said the missile strikes were intended to disrupt a growing threat from the al Qaeda branch in Yemen....
The al Qaeda presence in Yemen has been steadily growing in the last two years.
The U.S. embassy was attacked by suspected al Qaeda gunmen last year.
"If they can go to Yemen just as easily or easier and get training there and come out again," said [Richard Barrett, coordinator of the U.N.'s Taliban al-Qaeda Sancitions Monitoring Committee], "all your efforts in Pakistan and Afghanistan are a waste of time."
Originally posted by ExPostFacto
They are passing a 650 billion dollar war fund bill today on top of the trillion spent the other day. There is no doubt the money is either being robbed or being spent on something else. All that money and still no jobs.