It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is in the TV then Nietzsche was right!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Considering the constant deluge of posts on ATS of Glen Beck said this, FoxNews said that, Bill O'Rilley said, Sean Hannity said, Ann Coulter said, Michael Savage said...blah, blah, blah...it makes me wonder just HOW much TV people on ATS watch.

Your mother did warn you that TV would rot your brain, right?

You know that Television is a form of mind-control. It is a WMD...a Weapon of Mass Distraction.

Did you know that all it takes to brainwash a person, even one that knows they are being brainwashed, is controlling their stimuli for just the short period of 2 weeks? Tune in to the Television and watch the same show for 2 weeks and you are brainwashed by that show. You've successfully made yourself a Tool.

Who cares what pundits and commentators on Television say? What makes every person who goes on the airwaves an automatic "expert"?

Free your mind! Turn off the TV! Stop caring about what Talking Head News Celebrities say just to boost the ratings and learn to develop an opinion of your own!

If God is in the TV then Nietzsche was right and God is dead!

We talk about the MSM being the lap-dog of Satan or TPTB, yet apparently people are still addicted to their MSM-fix like junkies to tune in every free minute they have so they can turn around and plagiarize and spew verbatim the very same rhetoric and drivel that they heard on FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN on every online forum as if it is the sacrosanct word of God.

Eventually you have to ask yourself are you content to be a lap-dog to the lap-dog of the TPTB. Eventually you have to ask yourself whether you are content to be a mindless, brainwashed zombie or whether you would rather think for yourself. Eventually you have to ask yourself what has your TV done for you. Eventually you have to ask yourself "if I don't turn it off now, then when?".

Do yourself and the rest of world a favor and stop caring about what drops from the lips of TV personalities. Stop caring about what happens on the TV. Stop caring about even watching the TV.

Remember that I stated before that it takes only 2 weeks of controlling your stimuli to brainwash you, even if you know it is happening? Well, deprogramming works the exact same way. Go two weeks without watching the TV and you'll find that you are able to think for yourself once again. Try it! You may just find that you don't ever need to turn the TV back on again.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How do you think you would have come to these undersatndings without these brainwashed individuals?

Do you not wish for others to have a chance to see the mistakes and make a change in themselves?

How many people need to die to enlighten one person?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
TV isn't all bad. It's when people use it as their main source of information that it becomes the sticky widget. People making their local, national, and international news sources strictly those found on TV is where the problem lie, for the most part. Any form of mass entertainment will have it's flaws in content and credibility but anything that will allow to watch Football games without having to pay for a ticket will always be welcome in my home.

Where TV news succeeds in business it fails us as an institution.

Side note: I am a Raiders fan so this has been another rough TV year for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
but...

but... being brainwashed makes you feel safe and secure

Nietzsche: we have art in order that we do not die of the truth

sub:

and we have the politician to die from the untruth

(thick finger edit)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Dumbass]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Any form of mass entertainment will have it's flaws in content and credibility but anything that will allow to watch Football games without having to pay for a ticket will always be welcome in my home.

Side note: I am a Raiders fan so this has been another rough TV year for me.

I agree that for Entertainment TV is fine as works as advertised in that department.

If I told my daughter she couldn't watch Dr. Who anymore I think she would either revolt or run away from home!

Of course, anything used in moderation (and with purposeful and willful intention) can be a good thing. Same goes for TV.

You are right though. I entirely meant TV as an Institution, or as one's only source for their RDA of connecting with the World Outside.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
hell yeah
good thread!

im actually kinda embarrassed to admit this... (not really i guess) ..
but i always see these "glen beck" threads on ATS, and i dont even know who this fn guy is. lol

but it is clear from the titles most of them, that he is a MSM tool...
i dont even bother to click them. lol

i havent used tv in a long time.
well... , 4 or 5 years.

i did keep a small one though, for certain old movies i like,
but it is rarely even plugged in.

and it doesnt even take 2 weeks!!

it takes only a few minutes to completely change ones brain state from an independent, thinking mind,
to a mind that is passive and open to suggestion....

ie, in minutes, it can take you from human to drone.

www.youtube.com...

s&f, thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
How do you think you would have come to these undersatndings without these brainwashed individuals?

Do you not wish for others to have a chance to see the mistakes and make a change in themselves?

True. There can be no light without the darkness...no good without the bad. Our Bicameral Minds need both polar opposites in order to perceive one or the other.

(I wonder if Extra-terrestrial Species have Bicameral Minds too? What would a unified brain act like? What if they had 7 spheres to their brain and their philosophy, religions and sciences were based on the balance/counterbalance of 7 points?)

Alas, I digress...

I suppose I can thank those countless Million drones in America that tune in to Sean Hannity or Glen Beck. If it weren't for them, it wouldn't be so apparent to me why the TV should be turned off with the exception of moderate entertainment use.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

your missing one question....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

a little difficult to write in more lines than one.

the answer is none.

it all depends on the person who is getting enlighted.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A terrifying scenario:
Being brainwashed by "The Real Housewives of Orange County".

Shudder to think!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

maybe only the one.
maybe the one who "dies" is the one being enlightened? lol

what?
i dont know.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

maybe only the one.
maybe the one who "dies" is the one being enlightened? lol

In order to be reborn into something new, then the old you must first die.

Therefore, in my book, "ONE" would be the correct answer as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I watch TV all the time...I cry when I watch American Idol...(not always, but frequently...I tend to cry at the one point when their singing is starting to get pretty good, and the song is over, the crowd goes wild, and the poor stupid singer is starting to believe "oh yes maybe they really like me" and their souls are cracked open like candy lobsters)...but I truly doubt that I am being brainwashed because I never see anyone in talking-head position who reminds me of myself, who has a similar sensibility or who I agree with completely...Most media figures are completely false lying whores, some occasionally can point out obvious truths, but ain't none of them I've seen yet actually doing enough heavy lifting to be worthy of respect...If I was being brainwashed, wouldn't there be more identification on my part with the presenters?
The last thing I saw on TV that reminded me of myself was those melted sponge animals singing for Quizno's subs "WE LOVE THEEEEE SUBS...CUZZZ THEY ARE GOOD TO US", playing them stringed instruments, wearing them pirate hats...I did look at that, and I said "That is all right"...If they had had a recruitment office in the strip mall, I would right now be with them sponge animals, permanent...

[edit on 18-12-2009 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

From your anwser.... you next thread should be about the brainwashing that takes place in mysticism and spirituality. Although it sounds really nice on paper... lol

Everyone has to eat.... everyone has to sleep.... people need to make babies..... when growing up there is an inevitiblity of mistakes. Many of those mistakes will produce death.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've suspected that such was the case for quite some time now. Perhaps the justification is "Oh, it's ok.. I can read between the lines" or "Looking for the brainwashing techniques those bastards are using".. or whatever. It's entertainment. A justification to watch TV and escape for a bit into an exciting fantasy or intrigue. Or maybe it's a sort of "TV is brain rotting trash, which I plan to turn off right after my shows are over". Whatever. It's all just entertainment. Different themes for different channels, perhaps, none of them have any inherent incentive to do anything other than keep you tuned in through the commercial break. Lopsided issues are homogenized, minor issues MAY JUST become a threat to your life or family (more after this), reason is supplanted by speculation, accuracy is dependent upon demographics, celebrities trump all, and if you notice THE VOLUME OF THE COMMERCIALS ARE REALLY LOUD SO YOU CAN STILL HEAR THEM IF YOU GO INTO THE NEXT ROOM.

Television is alright so long as you remember that you're being entertained. This doesn't mean you can't get good info from the tube... but if you want accuracy, it's up to the viewer to seek out in-depth coverage of the issue and do the fact checking. A task that's perhaps delegated in the spirit of mail-in-rebates. Ideally, we should as individuals take the initiative to seek out contrary views and actively challenge our preconceptions for the sake of greater context and depth. Such generally isn't the case though. Research can be a bother, and people don't tend to like willfully engaging views in a hostile environment or try to falsify their own beliefs. We tend to gravitate towards similar views and positions, avoid hostile environments, and reinforce our preconceptions via confirmation bias. Most people just aren't going to do it.

Still, it can be amusing to watch the soapbox-moralistic tirades against the "lies and deceit" these devils of the airwaves weave so perfectly that the masses will never have a clue as to what's slapping them in the face... but OOOOHHH BOY, should UFO Hunters or Monster Quest or MKULTRA or NLP-Pseudoscience, 2012, End Times prophecy conspiracy topic shows up on the History Channel (of all places) - Oh, then it's "MUST SEE PROOF!" DISCLOSUR IS NEAR!

Feh....

Yeah, that's probably a good indication you should shut the tube off and read a book. Or get online and answer that question which has been bugging you.... like, Do robotic visual processing systems designed to function similarly to our visual cortex fall for the same optical illusions? (They do) Or; Maybe this would be a good time to investigate that knocking in my car's engine?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

a caterpillar does not die and the butterfly does not get born. It just changes in another stage. To project the thesis of enlightment on a human people call it being reborn. Dying is mostly interperted as a stop and a new start (renaissance) is being reborn.

I like to put in a quote of a an artist at the early attempts of modernism, the constructivism:

Naom Gabo: perfection is not a goal, it is a process and being in that process is the only way to reach perfection.

If you want to get reborn, as you called it, you are in a process of change. An important aspect of enlightment is the recognition of not being enlighted before that (understanding the proces)

You only have to cut the bounds with the old you (maybe it sounds to easy in this words, it is a difficult process if being aware of it), I do not perceive that as dying, do you?

(maybe we are explaining the same only using different definitions)

EDIT: mistyping

(Wertdagf love your shinginami)

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Dumbass]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ok, so maybe it should not be "you must die first"..

and instead.. " you must first change your form".
lol

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I do not perceive it like that

it is not I was white now im black, to express it like that. (it is easier to draw)

Being aware of getting grey (to express it like that) is an important aspect, to truely understand your enlightment

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i watch TV to relax for awhile. that`s why i cant watch anything political. everyone who watched Hannity or Beck or O`reilly at least once can already predict exactly what they are about to say on their next airings. same recycled sh*t. and people eat it up. i cant take the word healthcare anymore. watch only or mostly comedy shows. i think animated shows on Adult Swim are amazing. my favorite was Moral Orel.
cant stand shows plot or main ideas of which depend on fading pop fads like the ones on Comedy Central or majority of talk shows. what a bore. i dont know why people find them funny. and wish instead of American Idol or other 10000 similar shows there was one for musical instrument players or real bands whizzing away on guitar and drums.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You know that Television is a form of mind-control.

I'm of the opinion that if there is any directed or purposeful brainwashing going on, it's not the work of the "MSM". I find it more likely the vast majority of people are doing it, are unwittingly doing it to themselves because they either won't challenge their views/only reinforce the views of others they accept or are ambivalent to. Further, there's a strong sense of seeking and following the actions of crowds. It provides social acceptance, place in society, and security of like minded allies. It's amazing how drastically our demeanor, morality, or self-direction will change to accommodate the flow of a crowd. If you think that doesn't apply to you, Mr. Stanley Milgram would like to have a word with you.

That in itself isn't the problem... but what becomes a problem is when political ideologies become polarized and heavily entrenched hardline moral frontlines either directly affiliated with or modeled after fundamentalist religious attitudes. That can be a real problem when zealotry for a cause or moral ideology we've deeply identified with outstrips ones reason. At that point, being correct or compromising to achieve a greater goal is long since gone in favor of banal insults and angry noises.

And of course, it's already established that these talking heads take informing you as a secondary optional to entertaining/pandering to you for ratings. No wonder you have these political iconic giants who preach their demographically targeted "opinions" to an uncritical mind as if it were scripture. Might as well be considering the ratio of baseless assertions & blind speculation to the few scraps of anything resembling verifiable accuracy

top topics

join