It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Evidence on the Internet - A Challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Serious students of the UFO phenomenon know that this topic is totally legit.

Skeptics all too often seem to be completely unaware of the magnitude and logic of the available information indicating the topic's legitimacy.

So here's the challenge:

To those of you who are sure there is something to all this UFO mumbo-jumbo, you have one shot. Put up a single link to the one online resource that you consider to be the most convincing, thought-provoking piece of evidence on the Web along with a brief blurb explaining your choice. Pretend you have the archtypal skeptic sitting in front of his/her computer right now, and that he/she is guaranteed to look at whatever you place on the screen with a skeptical, yet open, mind. Your evidence might be a journal article, a scientific study, a documentary, a FOIA document, etc. It's up to you, but you only get one chance, so choose wisely.

To the skeptics, your challenge is take a look at the information that is presented and comment on it as you see fit.

Let's begin.

The UFO Evidence, originally published in 1964 by the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena, edited by Richard Hall

www.nicap.org...

This rather huge document is essentially NICAP's collection of "unknowns" organized in a reader-friendly format. It includes various sections focusing on topics like pilot sightings, radar evidence and reports filed by police officers.

The sheer number of reports and the patterns that appear therein, along with a wealth of intelligent, informed commentary, make this a compelling collection as far as I'm concerned. It was published back during a time when at least two civilian UFO organizations actually had some balls and were worth a damn. NICAP was one of them.

---

Also if you get a chance check out my in-progress UFO Education page:

www.myspace.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I like the idea of what you're saying but the truth is there IS NO perfect, link, site or article that offers all the evidence. The evidence is everywhere and much of it is very sound but there is plenty of crap too.

It's up to the individual to decide which side of the fence to sit on or to remain undecided but those who have already made up their minds are unlikely to change because of one piece of literature.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

There are plenty of links out there with "perfect" evidence that support the notion of extraterrestrial visitation. Several with sound evidence and proof that any reasonable person could look at and come to the conclusion that we are indeed being visited. For starters I would recommend looking at all the documents recently released by some of the major governments around the world (Brazil, France, Britain, Uruguay, Mexico, etc..) In particular the COMETA report release by top French dignitaries has some pretty compelling evidence.

Heres a thread I made a while back with some pretty good evidence supporting the fact www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-12-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There are tons and tons of links to images and documents
of !"UFO´S"! that one could speculate on for ages..

But you guys need to learn the hard truth here..

UFO is NOT!!!...I repeat three times...NOT NOT NOT
automaticly an alien, vessel, entity or civilisation..

Its only an UNIDENTYFIED FLYING OBJECT....

get it......

It is my sincere hope there are some that is though..And i am 500%
sure there are other civilisations out there

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread. I don't have any UFO evidence to share but I swear sometimes my wife is not from this planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
yeah I have to agree. even as a believer, I do agree with what you are doing. but again. unless its a case that has been beaten and beaten already with analysis and scientific method leading, at best, to merely un explained. there really isnt anything we have all seen 1000 times that isnt worthy of the label hoax, cgi, or maybe.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Hi.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're welcome.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hopefully the documents on my newest thread prove the existance of UFOs. They are from the FBI...

[edit on 18-12-2009 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I know what I have seen, but I cannot expect others to perceive this revelation the same as I.

To date, I still have not found another sighting similar to my own. Three orange triangles, (looks just like the Zelda symbol) fading in and out of space-time.

*edit* By the way, this image is a re-created representation, not actual sighting.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by 051r15]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 051r15

I believe you on this, I saw two huge circular lights moving in a very odd way.
You just have this really happy feeling when you see your first UFO. You think to yourself; 'They are real!!' Like all that work you were doing wasn't all for nothing...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This guy was cut off the air during a Coast2Coast.AM interview, he was frightened to death and you can actually hear the radio noise of the equipment being interfered with. To some people the guys voice can sound funny, but its far from funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

UFO mumbo-jumbo

is that on the 99 cent menu ?

:shk:

here you go..one link

what do i win ?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

That caller was a hoax, he latter called back to admit he was lying, On thread topic I like Black Vault

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

UFO mumbo-jumbo

is that on the 99 cent menu ?

:shk:

Easynow -I did chortle at that one.

I see you and Chadwickus have already beat me to it - I might be a little bias (as its one of mine) but heres a link to another thread which covers some 'very difficult to explain away' incidents:

Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

you gotta laugh at this one karl12

the Op say's this..

Skeptics all too often seem to be completely unaware of the magnitude and logic of the available information indicating the topic's legitimacy.

and then trashes the subject with the mumbo jumbo comment ...

To those of you who are sure there is something to all this UFO mumbo-jumbo, you have one shot.

what ?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
WitnessFromAfar's thread on the Battle of LA

[edit on 18/12/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I guess "mumbo jumbo" was a poorly chosen phrase. Should have put it in quotes to indicate facetiousness.

new topics

top topics

join