It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME releases shameful UFO debunking article

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I doubt this is a case of disinformation, but rather ignorance. Earlier disinformation projects have pretty much made the press entirely ignorant since the subject is deemed ridiculous, and its all downhill from there.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
TIMES magazine is poop;
they named Ben Bernake the head of The Federal Reserve "person of the year"
i call it total bribery

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Initially, I was excited to see the coverage UFO's in the main stream media, but after reading the article i'm disgusted.

Me, I initially cringe when I hear that this subject is going to be brought up in the main stream media....because I know in advanced how they are going to treat it. And it's our fault. We have collectivity made this subject the laughable matter that it is today...so the msm is not really all that interested in taking it seriously.

While I do wish for meaningful msm coverage, I also think if they did cover it right that they would only be helping to drive more nails into Ufology coffin. Think about it, when someone see's something that tickles even a small interest in something, they usually look into it further on the internet. That's your chance, that's your moment to grab the curious and add them to our ranks. However this subject is FILLED with laughable tripe, so after geting exposed to this online in just a couple of clicks they understand why people laugh out loud when this subject is brought up. At that point they just leave the subject alone and never come back. Another opportunity wasted.

And if you loose that one chance to win someone over, it's not like they forget about it completely and no harm no foul.....those that get turned off after looking just under the surface of Ufology will join the vocal majority that laughs at us.

We are slowly destroying ourselves and many can't even see that. The internet has been a blessing and a curse I guess.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
TIMES magazine is poop;
they named Ben Bernake the head of The Federal Reserve "person of the year"
i call it total bribery

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah i do not really trust time magazine's judgement, they made both Hitler and Stalin man of the year.

Once again folks...

Despite popular perception, Time's Person of the Year is not an award. Rather it is an acknowledgement of the person that...""for better or for worse...has done the most to influence the events of the year."

It is not an award for best person of the year, but rather the most influential. It is hard to deny the influence that Stalin, Hitler or Bernake have had.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
E-

Thanks much for bringing this to our attn, and I am as disappointed as you all are, but not surprised. Especially coming from outfits like Time/ Life. As loyal as theyve been to the US military and TPTB throughout the years, would you expect anything less from them?

And Ignore -

Speak for yourself - the 'we' you are referring to doesn't include those I view as the heart and soul of ATS and even UFology, including our esteemed OP and yourself, as well. Those that fly on blind belief without empirical evidence, careful analysis or even logical reasoning can and do indeed ruin much for the rest of us, but there are extremists/ fools in every facet, and our field of interest is no different.

Just take a gander at the recent thread about this HUGE 'underwater city' discovery (you may want to check the online source and send these unnamed investigators a small donation. as they have the gall to ask for it)

I cringe to think that the 'we' you refer to includes ourselves to all outsiders.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
Speak for yourself - the 'we' you are referring to doesn't include those I view as the heart and soul of ATS and even UFology, including our esteemed OP and yourself, as well. Those that fly on blind belief without empirical evidence, careful analysis or even logical reasoning can and do indeed ruin much for the rest of us, but there are extremists/ fools in every facet, and our field of interest is no different.

Very well said

Don't know if you've seen this presentation before but Terry Hansen makes some very good points about manipulation,suppression,disinformation,conditioning,censorship and ridiculing of the UFO subject by the mainstream media:

Google Video Link

"A mesmerizing account of his investigation into whether some of America's most influential news organizations, many having maintained close ties to the U.S. intelligence community, have willingly suppressed full and accurate news coverage of extraterrestrial related phenomena for a variety of "national-security" reasons. Hansen reveals the remarkable and persistent difference in UFO-related news coverage exhibited by local and national news organizations and reviews the history of censorship and propaganda during the twentieth century and the evidence for media-government collusion over the course of the half-century-long UFO controversy.

Theres also two other very interesting news articles taken from the NICAP files below - the Popular Science article is a good one and well worth a look:

UFO related news articles from the mainstream media:

Why I beleive in flying discs - Popular Science Magazine -January 1966 (pdf)

Are Flying Saucers Real? - Saturday Evening POST, Dec. 17, 1966

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join