It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama threatens Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson, Close Offutt Air Force Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Is this legal?
another story the msm isn't covering

Offutt Air Force Base employs some 10,000 military and federal employees in Southeastern Nebraska. As our source put it, this is a “naked effort by Rahm Emanuel and the White House to extort Nelson’s vote.” They are “threatening to close a base vital to national security for what?” asked the Senate staffer.”

I hate this guy(obama)he gives politicians a bad/worse name if that's possible.

article

By the way by my reckoning that means the president has used the following tactics to pass a bill the American people don't want;
lying
bribery
racketeering
deceptive accounting
staged gatherings
does this guy have any shame?

and before decemberpain comes in and say's "your source is a blog or look at the website it's republican" the main stream media wont cover anything anti obama,so where else do we go to get the truth?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
How many people go around in their lives threatening others to get what they want? I dont do it. Cant say I've ever experienced anyone else doing it to me.

But these politicians dont seem to know any other way.

Vote my way or we'll kill jobs in your district. Pay more taxes or we'll let prisoners free and fire all the cops. Pay us X amount or a bunch of armed guys in body armor are going to kick in your door and haul you off to prison.

Which is worse: the fact that this is how our 'government' runs or that way too many people are happy it is run this way?

Never mind. It doesnt matter which is worse. All that matters is this is how it's run and it needs to stop. Not now, not later but 70 years ago. It needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Could it really be as simple as the owner of the N.Y.times and G.E./NBC saying to obama "do whatever you want we won't cover any bad stories about you"?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Is this legal?

It's called politics, and by definition, anything politicians do outside the Constitution is illegal, but no one ever stops them. They make laws which violate the US Constitution all the time. Anyway, all parties do what Obama did. It doesn't make it right. It stinks, but then again, so do ALL politicians.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The only way this sort of thing will stop is if these congressmen start calling his bluff. Go public, expose the threats and then stand up to them. We have no control, that is quite apparent. Yea yea, vote them out ...ha! I do realize that this is quite unlikely to happen but it would end this type of bulling. I don't think any of them have the guts

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

They wont do it because every single person who becomes a whistleblower would become the accused the very next day. The media would report guilt/innocence based on it's agenda, and the truth wouldn't even come out. No, I don't have any better ideas lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I believe if we make it illegal to own a news agency along with conflicting interests we could solve the problem.wasn't the way it was done in the 40's and 50's better?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The true obama starting to come out. "Do what I say or else." Seems like he's throwing a temper tantrum if he don't get his way.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is a sad shame that the people that are being threatened cannot come forward because they too have skeletons in their closets which they are too ashamed may be exposed.

This administration knows nothing but threats and payoffs, and I feel this is what is behind the "summoning to the WH" for health bill talks is all about.

You walk into the office, he tells you what he has on you, he offers a little comfort money to make you feel better, then checks you off for a positive vote on the health care bill.

This should only serve to show us one thing. They all need to be voted out.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe this is being blown out of protorion (and I am NOT an Obama fan).

If I am not mistaken, the base was scheduled to be close a long time ago with the Base Closing Commission decision. It just so happens, it is time for it to happen and it is happening when this whole Medical Takeover is happening.

Now, politics being what it is, I am sure they are saying we will work to keep it open.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
JUst to add i think the uk is shuting a base something goin on .
i not derailing just adding another military base shuting anounced around same time. sumit a foot..
www.guardian.co.uk...

sf

[edit on 12/17/2009 by dashar]

new topics

top topics

join