It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL WOW! 20% of Fed workers make 6 figures!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What recession?

20% of Federal Workers make $100,000 or more. Up from 14% in 2007. The average private sector salary is $40,000 while the average federal worker salary is more than $70,000. Just saw this on CNN.

What a joke. My god I mean the US government is out of control.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This has been a drive by star and flagging. Carry on.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
if the average american makes 40k a year then the government makes up for there highly paid employees by screwing the soldiers. I make about 31k a year with a wife and kid. Our pay charts are no secret. Look up Army pay chart 2009 or 2010 since we are almost there. lol

I think this mostly spawns from the military being made up of your every day american joe so they screw us right along with you.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And many of these same federal employees owe over $3 billion (right, with a "b") in delinquent taxes.

article

Federal workers owed more than $3 billion in income taxes in 2008, according to the Internal Revenue Service, a figure down slightly from the year before.

So, instead of figuring out ways to raise our taxes, obama, reid and pelosi could just just start collecting from their fellow federal workers what they already owe.

What a concept!

[edit on 12/15/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

Yeah it's pretty pathetic what soldiers make. I realize money shouldn't be the reason someone serves their country but come on. The government treats the average soldier like crap. I've seen some of the base housing and base hospitals. Also the GI bill is a joke in my opinion. Soldiers should get free higher education if they put in 4 years of military service.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

That's good news.

It's inefficient, they're overpaid, do as little work as possible, and they're almost impossible to fire.

I say they deserve a hefty raise! That will make the system crash that much sooner. And anything that makes the system crash sooner is fine by me.

The beast needs to die.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm not trying to derail, but thought this is relevant. There is another thread discussing a cut in minimum wage.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If, in fact, the minimum wages is cut, then the government had damn well make sure that this 20% of federal employees are the first ones to take a pay cut all the way down to the minimum wage.

20% over $100,000
For what? It's funny that govt. officials are suppose to be serving the country, not raping it!

Just my 2-cents

S&F

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

wow, this is definitely political madness!

S&F!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yep and that's not including federal contractors salaries... What do you think the stimulus Obama passed back in Jan/Feb went to fund anyway? Federal programs that were lower priority programs and hadn't been funded through the normal fiscal year budget.

I'd be surprised if the percentage wasn't higher now...

[edit on 15/12/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
If, in fact, the minimum wages is cut, then the government had damn well make sure that this 20% of federal employees are the first ones to take a pay cut all the way down to the minimum wage.

You can be damn sure that that will never, ever happen...
Oh, and while minimum wage workers can be let go very easily, federal workers and federal contractors cannot because of all of the federal protection laws. Well, I guess I should say they can be fired but then in about 2 years they will be rehired because all one has to do it complain and be restored in full (back wages, interest on those wages, benefits, retirement, etc...). Pretty cushy, huh? All courtesy of the federal government's bureaucracy and ineptness.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sort of funny all the "eat the rich" crap politicians spew and how easily people forget they are rich. Not only rich but tax delinquent as well. And happily getting away with it because they are "important" people.

It's like the lazy guy in the office making sure everyone knows how lazy the dude in the cubicle across the room is as to deflect any responsibility of his own actions.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, private corporations really screw their indentured slav.....I mean employees. I have a lot of respect for small businesses, but mega corporations have got exploitation down to a tee. It would probably be better if we had real competition, but we don't, and millions and millions are spent to 'convince' the government not to rectify the market errors that corrupt our capitalistic system from functioning.

Corporations do not equal human beings, they should NOT be afforded the rights of a living, breathing, thinking, feeling person. Look at how our forefathers regarded corporate charters, and you will get a very different lesson in American history than the one presented by Beck, Limbaugh, and the rest of the oligarchical cabal that runs this country.

So 20% of govt. employees make over 6 figures? Big deal. 100k isn't equal to millions and millions being paid out to bankers as a reward for their great accomplishment of derailing the economy. People need to direct their anger appropriately, our they are just going to continue being teabags in the boiling water created by the powers that be. Stop being suckers, the elites are laughing their asses of at you all the way to the bank.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I'm not trying to derail, but thought this is relevant. There is another thread discussing a cut in minimum wage.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

20% over $100,000
For what? It's funny that govt. officials are suppose to be serving the country, not raping it!

Just my 2-cents

S&F

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

Minimum wages being cut!!?? The only way that might happen is if, god forbid, someone like Palin gets elected in 2012. If that is the case, America will get everything it deserves.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 12/15/2009 by skunknuts]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Some proof, please?

A random story on "seen" CNN is not exactly proof of anything.

DOL statistics, perhaps?

And a breakdown of what constitutes a "federal worker"? I'm pretty sure the Blackwater mercenaries would count, and that would skew the figures considerably.

What I'm not so sure of is that the rank and file make that kind of money.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Um, yeah... the rank and file DO make that kind of money. I have dozens of friends who work for the Federal Gov't and every single one of them makes over $80K a year - even a few who have never seen the inside of a college. I have one buddy who has over 8 weeks of paid "leave" per year (Read as vacation) in addition to all of the Fed holidays, in addition to over 40 days of accrued personal time. That equals almost 3 months a year in paid time off! He's a nice guy and all, but come on... he has less than 1 year of college education!!!

I can't wait for this whole Godd**ned system to completely implode!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Uhhhh, $80,000 is actually less $100,000 by $20,000 a year.

So how does that prove your assertion?

Depending upon the level of work they do, that could be underpayment. Otherwise we wouldn't hear of people leaving government work because the private sector is so much more lucrative, right?

Do you really want to be serviced by a minimum wage government? What level of salary do you support? Why shouldn't smart, educated, highly able people be paid well enough to do the jobs we need done that no private firm would do properly?

Let's try to be constructive and see how to make things better, not just cheaper.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Not too long ago i remember the politician railing on corporate executives for making money while their business entities were failing. It seems to me that the pols are making tons of money while the country is failing.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by kozmo

Uhhhh, $80,000 is actually less $100,000 by $20,000 a year.

So how does that prove your assertion?

Depending upon the level of work they do, that could be underpayment. Otherwise we wouldn't hear of people leaving government work because the private sector is so much more lucrative, right?

Do you really want to be serviced by a minimum wage government? What level of salary do you support? Why shouldn't smart, educated, highly able people be paid well enough to do the jobs we need done that no private firm would do properly?

Let's try to be constructive and see how to make things better, not just cheaper.
Have you been watching how this country has been run lately? You think those people deserve what they are given?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Yep and that's not including federal contractors salaries... What do you think the stimulus Obama passed back in Jan/Feb went to fund anyway? Federal programs that were lower priority programs and hadn't been funded through the normal fiscal year budget.

I'd be surprised if the percentage wasn't higher now...

Are you even able to post without trying to blame Obama for something? It's not like he set their salaries and I'm sure bush didn't help pass the first stimulus either. This problem is so much bigger the one man.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I hope you all realize that this 20% of federal employees pretty much just covers the top brass/management and rarely trickles down to the lower level federal employees who are busting thier arses every day just to make ends meet.

in the grand scheme of things 20% isn't all that bad. Could be worse, could be 75%. Think of all the people making 6 figures in the private sector like Dr's and lawyers etc.

I think its even worse when you see members of Hollywood and professional sports players making multiple millions a year yet the backbone jobs like, educators, soldiers and police getting paid squat.

*edit because I can't spell

[edit on 18-12-2009 by QBSneak000]

new topics

top topics

join