It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The misanthropic philanthropic psychopathic schizo MPD who time forgot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
4/1/2000 That's me. My name's Mike. For as long as I can remember, I had imaginary friends. Mine weren't like the other kids' though. Mine did not stem from the imagination. Mine were real. Or at least I thought so. Even as I write this in my cell, or whatever you can call it (more on that later), I see them. Taunting me, begging me for their undeserved attention. Ignoring them, walking right through them. Biding my time. That's all I'm doin. No use getting all fretted up over nothing, nothing major anyway. Doc says it's major, though. I have to disagree. Sorry Doc, I have to slam your head against the wall. Do you see now Doc? It's no big deal Doc! C'mon Doc wake up the session isn't over yet!

4/2/2111 Well I was put in isolation today. That's fine by me. Who's me? Me is Steven. No one seems to understand what I'm saying though. I tell 'em I don't know what happened, I went to sleep and woke up here. Everyone seems to be speaking in Sanskrit or something. It's odd.....yet their numbers are the same. Gee you gotta wonder how the prison could've turned into all THIS, overnight. Would think I'd have heard the hub bub and woke up. Always been a heavy sleeper though, ever since my teens. That's what Mom said. The beer says the same thing as Mom.

4/3/2222 Mike signing in again, reporting for duty officer! He beat me silly. Was it a he? Or an it? Come to think of it, was it even living? No use worrying though. It's nothing major. No big deal. It's been over a day since I last saw another like me. I miss them, I really do. Ran a soup kitchen way back when don't ya know? They took away my voice today. Had no idea it was going on. The room got foggy and when I awoke, I couldn't speak. They don't seem all that annoyed or mad anymore. They're still vicious little guys though. One tried touching me down there. "Hit 'im in the eyes, that way he can't see the ass whoopin' comin' to 'im!" That's exactly what I did. Wasn't hard really, they're so big as it is. Dad always was a good bare knuckle boxer.

4/4/2444 I Steven. I immortal. I content. I'm in paradise. I'm somewhere else.....no civilization in sight. Just ruins of what once was. Remnants of a past that was the future. Something happened here. Something terrible. They're all gone now. And no, I'm not talking about those wretched humans. They were gone a LONG time ago. Good riddance! A bunch of devolved apes flinging their opinions at each other like a bunch of uncivilized savages who know not left from north. My friends are here though. Micky, Goofy, and the gang. Great to have ya guys! I don't know what has happened to me, but I don't ever get thirsty or hungry. I just sit here in my broken cell, no roof over my head, broken cells all around me with no one or no thing in them. Least I don't have to look at those big eyes anymore.

4/5/2555 Saw a large sky ship today. Could of swore it was calling my name.....Mike.......Mike......over and over.....MAKE IT STOP!!! Where am I?! Where are the officers! My cell isn't here anymore, but it is. No metal bars and concrete......it's wood and vegetation now. There are all sorts of small critters crawling around now. Swear on Doc's urn I saw a deer, white tail, 12 pointer.......The ships never land though. They just float higher and higher til ya can't see 'em no more. Then they come back into the sky, but don't land. Ever. It's calling me, do you hear that Micky? Calling me home....to my cell and the officers. The other prisoners must miss me. I was always giving out my cigarettes to those who wanted them. Always giving out good times to those who wanted to wash up. I take good care of my people, I love them. I miss them.

4/6/2666 I awoke today feeling extra randy. Ever get that? Happens quite often. 'Put that thing away what the hell is wrong with you!' What's wrong with me? Ain't nothing wrong with me mom. Just let me put it in, it'll feel good you'll see. I ran today. I saw one of them. Those eyes. It saw me but didn't chase.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by chi_z]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
4/7/2777 The light of day. How I wish it were here. Sadly my star is gone. My beloved star. They killed it. 5 billion years before it's time. I heard it scream in agony as they hurled that great shining torpedo at it. "I'm not even a dwarf yet this is murder!!". Then it went dark. It's getting hotter. So hot. It won't let up. I don't know how much more I can take.

4/7/2777 As I write this the skin is melting away, I can now finally be in pea

*****Well that's it guys. Any questions or comments feel free to post em. I'm all for constructive criticism, but no need to be a negative nancy. This all flowed out of my head as I typed it. I decided I wanted to write something and recalled ats had it's own short story board. I recalled ats is the only place that I could write something like this and not be thrown in the loony bin. The character has multi personality, but Mike is the true him. It basically alternates between Mike and Steven, Mike being the first post obviously.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by chi_z]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
great story!
also, i love how he has dissociative identity disorder. i just don't get the gaps in time.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
yea to explain it, time forgot this man existed. time keeps us all in our place so to speak, and when time forgot this man, he would be shot 100 years in the future overnight. there is really no underlying cause, just wanted to do something with time travel. time is basically an entity, a god, a master of it's puppets. this man was so worthless that god forgot all about him and no longer had control over him. that's the best I can explain it. if you've ever played the game chrono trigger/cross you could relate to this. none of the characters in that game know why the wormholes appear allowing them to travel through time. they make a theory later in the game that an entity is doing it. the entity is actually the planet. for me, the entity is time itself, as though time were a living creature.

also in chrono cross(trigger dealt with time travel) a computer/entity known as FATE presided over all residents of the land, telling them what to do, a master of puppets. secretly the underlying theme here is we are all slaves to time, a god we made up. it's my belief that all gods are man made ideas(not to offend anyone thus I didn't wanna push the theme out in the open for those who are theists).

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes indeed T.I.M.E (Together In Mass Entropy)is one of the greatest illusions. Simply because of the fact it is purely psychological and thus in your mind.
As time can be relative in your state of mind it can be overcome besides in the act of sleeping where time can be actually dilated in the sense that 5 minutes of psychological time can feel like 30 minutes. Hence your 100 year jumps were time dilations of your intuitive understandings of the process of Time itself.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ah there ya go, put it in words better than I can. to keep this from being a one liner, does any one know of any good time travel novels (beside the time machine of course)?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Removed my post. I wish there was a blushing emoticon.

I suggested you put this in Writer's forum.

Now having corrected this, I will now re-read with a different take!

[edit on 12/14/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

new topics

top topics

join