It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Adam, Eve and Lucifer show

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A2D.....I am sorry if I wrote that in the context that it was directed at YOU.
That was not the intent.

I was talking about some of the folks in "other" forums that bash and condescendingly remark about me and my beliefs.

I respect your input and find it informative, as I do with most everyone until they bash ME to satisfy their own ego...which I don't think you have done.

I go about all of this with an aire of comedy because the minute we get too serious about it, we are at the beginning stages of promoting the same agenda as the leaders of today.

I really do ask myself everyday, "What is AWESOME about my life?".....by concentrating and pondering that question, I don't have time to think about "bombing another society into religious/democratic submission to my belief".

I was very serious in my last post about the "yellow pad theory". I wish I could get someone to "literally" try it and post their findings. Hopefully, they will come to a different conclusion than me and it will shed some light on my thinking process and will educate me further.

I feel the need to type the words Adam and Eve and Lucifer so that at least I can't be accused of getting away from the OP's original post.

respectfully,

peas

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
seeya.....gonna go post a new thread...

try this one out for size...

Translate this.....

Και ο Ιησούς είπε το unto οι απόστολοί του για να βγεί και να δώσει την μπύρα σε όλη αυτήν την ανάγκη.

Not computer code..It's a language, but not the one we learned the bible verses from...or maybe it is...

seeya

peas

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

There was once a man that was happy. He had 6 beautiful daughters and told them all to be happy. They did many good things for their fellow man. They treated their fellow man with respect and were very abundant. Then one day the man dies.

There is another man that is unhappy. He grew up in less than desirable conditions. He robbed and stole and killed and raped and mutilated little children. He was going to be put to death so he asked a priest to "save him". He accepted jesus as his christ. Then he died.

In regards to this:

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven

I knew there was a verse...I just had to find it.

Respectfully
A2D

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Genesis is written like crap. So, it'll probably never make any sense to anyone."

Because you are probably trying to make sense of it in a literalistic reading.
It is Myth, which properly understood reveals Truth.

The Genesis story, as we read it now, reached its final form during the
Babylonian exile. As all true myth begins with what is experienced, the
temptation story in Genesis reflects the greatest temptation, danger, to the faith of
the Israelites in Babylon, the temptation to succomb to the
seductive elements of the pagan religions, and the fertility cults, symbolized by the Serpent.

Once one becomes familiar with the various literary forms of the Bible, it no longer
contradicts reason. After all, to most kids Shakespeare would seem like 'crap' until
the literary form was studied.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by tinfoilman

You're making assumptions that really aren't true.

My parents didn't teach me jack squat to be honest with you. I didn't know lying, theft, adultery, even murder...never considered them sin(until after I had read the bible)....I simply knew they weren't RIGHT.....no one had to TEACH me anything...

The knowledge is inherent. You don't learn that stuff, you just know. I didn't LEARN morals...I was born with them...I didn't learn RIGHT from WRONG...I just always knew...

Just like in the case of my little nephew...he's 3...he'll take the pacifier away from his little sister and then go and hide...because he knows it's wrong...I've never told him it was wrong...his mother never directly tells him it's wrong...his dad never tells him it's wrong...he just knows...all they have to do is say "HEY..." and he knows exactly what they're talking about....

A2D

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

Huh, well that's what the Bible says. That God put the knowledge of right and wrong on our hearts. Scientists would disagree with you there though. That behavior is cultural and learned. Sounds like the Bible is right again I guess.

<< 1  2   >>

join