It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside DEA show=proof of drones use in the US??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was watching a show (a series) about the DEA. It's on spike, sorta like a more involved cops:

www.youtube.com...

Anyway, throughout the show, there were many clear, detailed, zoomed-in, color overhead shots, supposedly shot from a helicopter (anytime the overhead shots were shown, the sound of a helicopter could be clearly be heard). One of the overhead shots came during a scene when a criminal informant was meeting up with a dealer. They met on the street, and this could be seen clearly from overhead. This dealer was cautious, even surprising the informant by taking his car keys and unexpectedly driving to a different location to get the goods....

So, I do not think that an experienced drug dealer, who if nothing else is trained to be paranoid, would just be so la-ti-da about a helicopter flying overhead. I live in a city of 300,000, and I know that I would look-up if I heard a helicopter.

So, my theory is that the DEA/ Homeland security is routinely using drones over the US. I think in the show, they synced in helicopter noise over the shot as disinformation. I'm sure the patriot act allows it, not that that makes me feel any better. So, I bet a drone could be ordered overhead almost anywhere in the US in short-order....

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 12/14/2009 by skunknuts]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've seen that show, but wouldn't a drone be seen, or heard? I'm really asking you, because i don't know. I thought they were just planes that were flew from the ground.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I started this thread earlier today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I truly believe they are being used.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that they are relatively small, very quiet, and are flown at such an altitude to make them rather hidden to the casual person on the street.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I started this thread earlier today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I truly believe they are being used.

Oh, wow, that's interesting. I'll have to look for the planes w/ red and white lights on the wing w/o sound. I live in Madison, WI, and the police don't have helicopters right now, so I think they would have to get support from above. Pun intended.

Best,
Jason

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Police UAVDamn near every police agency with a heavily active vice squad/SWAT has or is actively trying to get thier hands on UAV's. Not quite the ones you guys are thinking about, i.e. predators or global hawks. They use or are being courted to use micro UAV's. Most are off the shelf technology but they are being used. I thought this was common knowledge. They have been around and in service pretty much since 2001 and I think even experimented with before then.
More police UAV

[edit on 14-12-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

You can`t go by just that. ALL aircraft have the same colored lights. Red on one wingtip, green on the other, and a red power indicator.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

You can`t go by just that. ALL aircraft have the same colored lights. Red on one wingtip, green on the other, and a red power indicator.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The National Guard often supports counter-drug missions in the US. This is public record. As reserves have been increasingly called upon for active duty, their missions and capabilities have evolved, and I'm sure there are some National Guard units fielding UAV's. They could be easily called up by the governor to support the DEA mission, and it would all be done without public knowledge.

They operate at high altitude and fly quietly. They are camouflaged, and typically fly orbits around the target area with a considerable stand-off distance. The cameras are more than capable of zooming in on the target from several kilometers away and overhead.

You would never see or hear it. The only way of knowing about them would be to find the launch site, but they don't need runways. Smaller ones can be launched from a trailer mounted catapult. If it's happening, we'll never know.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i am not sure if DEA uses drones, but the word DEA makes me want to throw up. it is actually very telling that they use SPIKE for their vile propaganda.

top topics

join