It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't make me beg! :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes yes, what I'm asking is if there is a way to break down post percentage or quantity before and then after mod status.

Then another problem is post responses. As a mod you reply to posts and threads but in an official capacity. Has the post count concerning topics outside of the admin duties for you been decreased? Remember we can't see some of the forums you frequent. For all I know you could be posting maniacs in the pub and it's related forums down there at the bottom of the page.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Yes, its also "business-posts", but another factor is that most Mods are long-time-members and the long-term raises the post-count.

Someone will post here everyday for two months and then disappear. Many of these Mod-types (ATSers for Life) post over a period of many years.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Im afraid i was not MODed for my thread posting abilities. Thread posting is not really my forte and the threads I tend to start....well, they dont get real far

But we realy do have some great minds on staff who have the ability to make oustanding threads!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I seldom post these days (people don't much care for skeptics) and it's been a long time since I authored a thread. I don't foresee me authoring many in the future, because the topics that are obsessing me now (data modeling and integration algorithms and data filtering schema and logic sets) just aren't appropriate for this site and really aren't of much interest to folks here.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I've never been much of a thread starter pre-mod or post-mod but I still run my mouth fingers with posting. It can get frustrating when you still post prolifically as staff because you inevitably come across countless posts that are stunned mods have opinions, too. Or you get accused of being a paid agent trying to direct the conversation when all you're doing is contributing like any other member. Or the more you still post as a member, the more your opinion on topics become known and the more you get accused of bias when you're simply doing your job.

Can't please everyone so I just keep on posting in a manner that makes me happy. And that is being a pretty heavy poster to other member's threads with an occasional thread of my own.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Actually, I think you'd be wrong about that.

I've come to appreciate that some threads have their own cadence. Over the course of a few months, you might get three replies, but they'd be really, really good replies.

Besides, I always enjoy reading your posts! They are some of the best, imo.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by loam]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I seldom post these days (people don't much care for skeptics) and it's been a long time since I authored a thread. I don't foresee me authoring many in the future, because the topics that are obsessing me now (data modeling and integration algorithms and data filtering schema and logic sets) just aren't appropriate for this site and really aren't of much interest to folks here.

Perhaps it is exactly because people around here don't seem to care much for skeptics these days that we especially need to hear your voice

After all, from my perspective ATS became what it is largely because the owners and administrators have done what they can to maintain a place where open-minded skeptics can come to discuss stuff with open-minded believers. Where both sides benefit from the interaction. Where the list of topics is inclusive enough that most of us will find ourselves skeptics in one place or another, and believers (or at least explorers) somewhere else.

No matter what some recently vocal members would have us believe, skepticism on ATS is not a new phenomenon; it is a crucial part of of the mix. And if there are areas in which skepticism here has become knee-jerk debunkerism, I don't think the solution is fewer skeptics; I think it might be better skeptic role-modeling

As for relevancy and interest; it's hard to know. Perhaps at the abstract level data modeling and integration sets don't belong at ATS, but I have a hard time believing that there aren't implications to your obsessions that would fit in perfectly well. And while you probably won't get hundreds of replies or make the front page with such a thread, I think there would be interest. Perhaps especially among those who come to ATS to learn rather than to spew

As an aside, I confess I'm rather daunted by the message I'm getting these days: "You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter." I'm not sure how long it's been there, since I took a posting hiatus for several months. But it makes me feel all responsible and stuff

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Y'might want to throw in a bit of grovelling, too... I mean while you're at it...

[edit on 12/15/2009 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Some of our most intelligent, engaging, controversial, imaginative, members keep getting modded ... and they disappear into Cosmic.

I can't believe I'm reading this! It's my own thoughts posted by someone else.
I MISS seeing posts from the mods SO much! I hope this thread sends a message and lets the mods know that we NEED them! A board who takes its best members and secrets them away, becomes a board with not very much to discuss...

Please heed this thread, mods.
I'm not saying I never see a post from a mod, but you guys are why I'm here! I miss you terribly!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So I'm guessing copypasta from the Drudge Report isn't going to cut it.

You're so demanding!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Perhaps you can use this knowledge and teach us what the fourth paradigm is about. It's an important topic that does have some mystery surrounding out, especially given the disappearance of Dr Jim Gray.

Do you think his concepts of spreading the computations out have anything to do with the push for cloud computing?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
SD I love your idea of everyone being the MOD of their own domain/thread(s)... or was it... each MOD should MOD one another's thread(s) and... stop picking on the rest of us?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hey, this ol' redneck is still posting. Check out the Fragile Earth threads

Actually, the real conspiracy is: I'm not really a mod... I just got this title so I could embarrass the real mods by posting more than they do.

Shhh! Don't tell anybody. It's a secret!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I could not agree more, schrodingers dog.

The Administration, Super-Moderators, Moderators, and F.S.M.E.'s need to post more of their own original threads, speaking of "conspiracy theory" types, not BBQ, and over all generic "Modding" type threads.

I can see some of the reason being that most regular members criticize them so hard, and by that I mean when they began posting with the cut-out box expressing it was their opinion and the regular criticisms I see every day.

Oh, and to add, I love hearing from Mod's, whether it's a U2U, Applause, or "atta-boy" within a thread, I like to see their participation.

There is not enough time in the day for us regular members, so I do understand.

If I could I'd be here 24/7 myself because it's a fun place to be.

Okay, enough of being serious, here's some Moderator humor.

Obey The Moderator! - Optimus Rhyme

[edit on 28-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join