It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for others who have had their rose colored glasses knocked off

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi all at ATS,

I have been reading these boards on and off for a few years now. While I find some of the discussion a little tedious to say the least between bitching and disrespectful responses to other peoples humble attempts to feel part of the board. I do however find some discussions very enlightening and educational.

My problem I guess is that when I go out (not very often) I find myself pinning some poor soul down in a deep conversation that they would rather not be having, i.e. the esoteric, spiritual or conspiratorial. I have to confess this stuff consumes me because I know there is something wrong (also somethings that are right) and I need to talk about it.

Usually these encounters finish up with folk doing little loopy circles with their fingers as I walk away which I find quite upsetting as I feel they should know what I am talking about. As a rule they don't know or don't care.

I am not new to world events and I have been studying with great interest the way this whole mess has unfolded over the past 10 yrs or so.

Doesn't science predicate it's knowledge upon being able to predict events based on it's theory? Well that's how I feel about present world circumstances and many people I have read have predicted these events which are now eventuating.

Anyway long story short, ATS is full of people like me who are questioning the cognitive dissonance they are now experiencing and are looking for answers so I decided I would like to join in the discussions.

So Hello

I am Kenny

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Some questions, people are simply too afraid to ask.

You are bolder than most it seems.

Welcome to the forum Kenny.

[edit on 12/13/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Welcome

...folk doing little loopy circles with their fingers as I walk away...

Yep, we've all been there I reckon. Just got to keep on keepin' on......

Don't believe the Truth.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Thank you for your quick and warm reception although I've got to say your avatar scares the cr@p out me
nice to meet you Jphish

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Welcome aboard and don't worry, before long you will be making those "loopy circles" around your ears at others here.

It is your destiny.

Good to have you here.

Enjoy your first flag...you earned it.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

It's good to meet you too LiverForever8, you guys are spot on when it comes to welcoming new comers I like that

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks Mr Mask, my very first flag. That makes this a very auspicious. I think I am going to like it around here!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Hello Kenny - Like you I hid in the background here on ATS for several months prior to jumping in the members only end of the pool. You'll find this a great home to park your brain and commune w/like minded people.

Like you, I started noticing that the things I was being told vs. what I was seeing with my own eyes just weren't adding up. I've always likened my 'awakening' to fighting your way out of a VERY deep sleep where you just can't seem to force your eyes open long enough to sit up and get your feet on the floor. But, once you do you feel MUCH better and start realizing things you never noticed before.

Here on ATS you will find we have our share of BS artists, Nutjobs and outright spotlight seekers much like any forum of the same nature. HOWEVER, Like I've always said...

"If only 10% of what you read on here is true, then HOLY FREAKIN CHRIST ON A CRACKER!"

I think most of our ATS Family would agree you have to sift thru the Hay and spit out the sticks, (if you know what I mean). Take nothing at face value, use it as a jumping off point to start your own investigation and find your own truths. What we pose here is food for thought, what you make of it is up to you.

Welcome to ATS ... The journey to scrutinize your paradigm begins here

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What I find utterly spooky and odd is how my name is kennyb and I am also posting at 7:06 which is the same exact time not to mention date you posted your search for others like you. Irony, or something more? Just weird if you ask me...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi Kenny! Welcome to ATS! I know exactly what you mean about unloading on people who aren't prepared for it! Here,we have something in common!

There are any number of people here who can help you navigate! (I'm not one of them. Still kinda new here myself,and an awful navigator with anything involving computers!)

My purpose for being here is mainly to share the gospel and try to point out what is happening now as it pertains to biblical prophecy,"end-times" stuff. I'm no scholar,but I do feel inspired to keep going and let God take over where I leave off!

It's nice to have people here who can appreciate the value of polite conversation! And since you already know the difference,that helps!

Look forward to talking to you in the future!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb22
What I find utterly spooky and odd is how my name is kennyb and I am also posting at 7:06 which is the same exact time not to mention date you posted your search for others like you. Irony, or something more? Just weird if you ask me...

So basically... what are the odds or mathematical numbers here of someone with the exact same name, kennyb, posting exactly 2 hours later on the dot... yet being exactly on time to the dot based on the time change differences. Are you my doppelganger which is 2 hours ahead of me Kennyb??? Cuz i seriously find this amusing and odd at the same time, lmao...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Welcome aboard!

I understand how you feel. Seems like I KNOW something is missing, there's gotta be something more out there. I keep searching and searching, maybe someday I will find it.

In the meantime, if you come across the answer be sure to let us know.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Keep smiling!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Now do you mean knocked off by accident?
Like if somebody just bumped into you and said excuse me, but then
just kept going?
Or do you mean like someone you expected to walk right on by, instead
stopped and slapped the milk out of you. Knocking your glasses off and then kept going? lol
Only because there is a big difference.
Welcome to ATS I'm very Randy.

Flagged

[edit on 13-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
When you tell people about the Truth it shatters their illusion of a world that they thought to be real;
Thats why some dont want to listen or believe it;
Kind of like the Agents in The Matrix

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm a former naive liberal red diaper doper baby. In college for a Liberal Arts degree in Political Science at a large East Coast University from '67-'72! You had to be a radical in lefty loonie politics. No. My eyes were opened by one event in history.

The Red Army walks away from East Germany and Poland in 1990? No fuguckin way! They lost 10 million soldiers to take that land. They lost 1 million soldiers to take Berlin! They marched 2 million German (Prussian) civilians to their deaths AFTER WWII to move them off the Baltic coast and out of the new "Poland". The once landlocked Poland now has a coast!

The Rooskies never would have ceded this bloodstained land unless they KNEW they'd get it back and MORE

Then this: “Gentlemen, comrades, do not be concerned about all you hear about Glasnost and Perestroika and democracy in the coming years. They are primarily for outward consumption. There will be no significant internal changes in the Soviet Union, other than for cosmetic purposes. Our purpose is to disarm the Americans and let them fall asleep.” -Mikhail Gorbachev, speech to the Soviet Politburo, November 1987

Then this: multiculturalism=KGB; Green mindless godless religion=KGB; plunder of the US Treasury=KGB; George Soros=KGB; Marxist ideology and totalitarian thought police in Hollywood and the academy=KGB; The Dunhams in Lebanon=KGB; Malcolm X=KGB; Barry Soetoro=KGB; new billionaire capitalists in Russia=KGB

Finally Creep Slobberman, Koontie Couric, and Crisp Mascrews-Loose obvious agents & NY Times, CBS, CNN, ABC, NBC all infiltrated by KGB

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You've definitely come to the right place Kenny, there are so many question you must have, and I hope we can help figure them out together. There will never be an end to the amount of people looping their fingers when they hear people talking about alternative topics, but that's life. They can't help it for the most part, I believe it to be a defense mechanism to prevent their little world from falling apart before their eyes.
Tooth fairies come and go for these people, eventually they will figure out they should have been listening from the beginning.

Flag!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Nematode]

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Nematode]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Always good to have another seeker aboard. I hope you find excitement, enlightenment and many friends here.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

Good analogy RecentlyAwaken, Thats the feeling you get when you experience what has been labeled sleep paralysis. You are awake but asleep at the same time. It's a real battle to wake yourself up, the problem with this situation though is you wake up but you are still experiencing the nightmare.

As far as the other categories of ATS members go I agree there are a few that test ones patience. I would like to think that I am tolerant enough and discerning enough to accept their shortcomings, I have plenty of my own so I can feel empathy with most folk.

"I think most of our ATS Family would agree you have to sift thru the Hay and spit out the sticks, (if you know what I mean). Take nothing at face value, use it as a jumping off point to start your own investigation and find your own truths. What we pose here is food for thought, what you make of it is up to you.
Welcome to ATS ... The journey to scrutinize your paradigm begins here"

Thanks RecentlyAwaken this is my favorite food, I appreciate your post.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb22

Hello me

That is kind of odd, when I said I wanted to meet people like myself, I didn't literally mean myself. Well Kenny you are a very lucky man because I can tell you what you had for breakfast.

Nice to meet you mate

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hello smyleegrl

It looks as though there are many people like us all trying to find some balance in life. Well at least you are looking for answers, there are so many who don't even realize there is a question.

If I do find the meaning of life (I think I am getting closer) I will post it here so that the many seekers and even a few trolls can bounce the ideas around.

Pleased to make your acquaintance smyleegrl

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join