It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for others who have had their rose colored glasses knocked off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not sure I had rose-tinted glasses before, always thought they were kind of dark. Following Above Top Secret, and a number of other sites, really has made it darker.

The argument I had with myself for the longest time was whether "things are" as the result of natural consequence, or by design; by chance or by conspiracy. Concluded, ultimately it doesn't much matter as it is unacceptable either way, and we are not powerless either way.

No need to panic...but it is a huge mind-trip. Getting beyond all the freaky stuff, it comes down to the simple matter of self-responsibility and accepting the ramifications for our own choices to accept, or not accept, whatever is thrown at us. It all starts with facing our fears though, and ATS covers a lot of them...welcome and best wishes for success in all your pursuits.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi randyvs
You are totally correct and the difference is massive. I could become good friends with the person in your first example but I would probably stew on the second example for a few seconds run after him and poke him in the eye.

Hopefully after the altercation we could become friends but he would have to understand he has much to learn.

I like your sense of humor bye the way

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

I didn't understand what cognitive dissonance meant until I experienced it. I new I felt increasingly uncomfortable about world events and like any ailment, you go and do some research to discover what is wrong with you. A doctor would probably prescribe anti-depressants, a friend would maybe suggest drugs or alcohol. Your enemies would imply you where insane. ATS tells you to seek out others who are searching for the truth.
Well that's why I have joined ATS.

Good to meet you DjSharperimage

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Good name you have On the Edge, it sort of speaks volumes. I really do have an interest in so many things and religion is one of them. My disillusionment includes much of what I have been told about our religions, there are so many contradictions that I have decided to follow my own path and believe my own beliefs.

So while I love God, I am not overly religious in my thinking. I always enjoy the conversation though. The one thing I truly know is that I believe in God and He/She believes in me.

There have been so many events that have happened in my life that confirm this belief and I feel blessed.

Look forward to chatting mate.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Boston Grump

Whoah, dude if this is a response to my post I think I may have got in over my head I almost felt my hand go up to my head and my finger was twitching, but no I figured this is probably in the wrong space.

Nice to meet you Boston Grump, Yes there is a place in my head for a conversation like this but just ease me in gently mate.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey man. Welcome aboard. Did you check out belowtopsecret? That's where the fun is. Same rules but it's interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey welcome to ATS!

Glad to have you join our ranks!

Come on in, take a look around and have fun!

Take a look at the Terms & Conditions Of Use,. Knowing the rules always helps to make your experience on ATS a great one!

You may also want to check out the ATS Avatar & Signature Guidelines so you know what is acceptable for avatars and signatures...

If you ever have any questions or concerns you are more than welcome to U2U myself or any other staff member; Or if you should have any complaints or suggestions you can utilize theATS Complain/Suggestion function

Anyway, have fun, make yourself at home and get to it!

gimme_some_truth

Forum moderator

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nematode

Hi Nematode

It would seem that the looping finger syndrome is quite common and something many ATS'ers have experienced.

"quote"
"They can't help it for the most part, I believe it to be a defense mechanism to prevent their little world from falling apart before their eyes.
Tooth fairies come and go for these people, eventually they will figure out they should have been listening from the beginning ago"

I hate to sound disparaging mate but calling other people lives little and referring to tooth fairies does sound a little patronizing. I do understand what you are saying though but please don't forget that most folk don't have the time to do the research many of us do. I won't belittle people for their lack of understanding and hopefully members of ATS and other similar boards will try to ease them into understanding the dilemma we all face.

Where I am psychologically is not a nice place to be and to force others to experience this is a necessary evil. We all have to wake up. but it is not a superiority thing. We are all in this together and we need to maintain our compassion for our brothers and sisters.

Look forward to chatting with you mate.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Thanks ch1ldofthe70s

Excitement, enlightenment and friends, a man couldn't ask for more.

Nice to meet you friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

Hi USXpat
Just an observation but it does sound as though you are letting it get you down a bit.

"Not sure I had rose-tinted glasses before, always thought they were kind of dark. Following Above Top Secret, and a number of other sites, really has made it darker"

Enlightenment could never truly make your world darker. If you read something that does darken your views then maybe it is misinformation.

Life is simple really, In the multiverse all things are possible. We just have to learn to steer our path into the right universe.

Thanks for your warm welcome mate, I agree with the rest of your post

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for the info Mod dudes. Hand on heart I do solemnly swear that I will always be polite, try to post in the correct forums avoid excessively long posts, large quote etc and never EVER use sardonic wit to try and make myself out to be better, smarter or better looking than any other member.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Welcome to ATS Kenny.

I hope you enjoy your time here and have fun.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why yes, welcome Awakened one! The lightworker community is waiting for peopl like you to welcome in, be glad, we have found the truth! the way!

Check out my first post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Theres a brighter morning star! Tell the people Near and Far!

Humanity's turning point becomes obvious.

Like a caterpillar evolves into a butterfly, so does Humanity blossom their wings for freedom and sovereignty.

We are in the midst of a vast change so internal, so profound, that humanity will not tolerate authority any longer. We are coming into our remembrance of WHO we really are, and to look for and grasp on to our Sovereignty, for the good of the entire universe.

No longer will Ego's be in control. No longer will authority figures rule your life. You are answering a calling, and you know EXACTLY what it is. Its personal for each person, but my story you may be able to relate to much better.

During the past few months, something major starting happening to me... I was becoming my own person, and not in a way that everyone will see ; until it blossoms outward that is. And I can feel it coming on strong now.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Divine Prospertity]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Glad to hear there's one more awakened individual out there.
Once you have discovered you have been lied to all your life and the charade continues, it's not really a good feeling. This happenend to me in 2001 (pre 9/11) and my whole life changed.

My best advice is to be quite cautious of who you talk to. The minions and lesser advanced don't like to have their comfort zone rocked. I discovered this sometime ago. You will find yourself with less amd less "friends".

If you haven't found it yet, you might want to check out the Matrix V books form trufax.org. THis material has been the biggest help to me.
Quite complex but the basic idea is we are immortal spiritual beings having a human experience to participate in "the game". Which will be ending soon.
Lots of great spiritual insight to be had there.

There is a great deal of other material out there with some truth and much disinformation. You'll learn to discern.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks blupblup, great avatar, I really must get myself one of those oh, and one of those neat signatures.

Look forward to chatting.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Prospertity

Hi Divine Prospertity, I feel like I just walked into a room full of people with white cloaks and a strong smell of incense I feel a lot of love in here though so that's OK

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

You seem like you're gonna be a nice fit here. Glad to have you. Never give up never surrender. Just keep exercising the 1st - no one can take that from you as long as we retain the 2nd.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by suicidal survivalist

Hello suicidal survivalist

As I pointed out in my post, I am not new to what is going on, I am just new to being a member at ATS.

I have learned so much over the years, I sometimes think my head is going to explode.

I am a very good judge of character and sometimes I think I am superman because I can see right through people.

Thank you for your advice though, I realize it is meant in good faith.

I have known that I have an immortal soul for oh, about eternity now. I new in this life since I was a child of my spiritual nature. It is what keeps me sane really.

Did you know that suicide is about as bad as it gets from a spiritual perspective. It's a bit like snakes and ladders in the spirit world. You go through life earning spirit brownie points and then you top yourself and end up right at the bottom of the ladder again.

I look forward to our chats mate

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Good advice WWJFKD, will bear that in mind. Stay strong, your loved ones depend on it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I fully agree this site is part of somthing great that is happening in the world, discussion. People never discuss any thing worth while and it drives me crasy that anyone can spend hours watching x factor then not care about what affects them. the greatest sin is ignorance.

good thread though.

Dont stop thinking

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join