It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark: nearly 1,000 climate protesters released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Denmark: nearly 1,000 climate protesters released

news.yahoo.com

COPENHAGEN – Danish police say they have released hundreds of activists who were detained during a mass rally to demand an ambitious global climate pact.

Police say only 13 of the 968 people detained during the demonstration in Copenhagen remain in custody Sunday. Of those, three — two Danes and a Frenchman — are set to be arraigned in court on preliminary charges of fighting with police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Detainees released in Denmark. Not much more to say other then I'm glad that all were relased and only minor charges filled. I'ts a shame that we see arrests at every major demonstration, why can't people dissagree with the leaders? And be free to protest their decissions? more and more demonstrations and more and more arrests. I'm also glad nobody got hurt.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I noticed on google news that one of the headlines said "1000 anarchists arrested". It was interesting to see their choice of words on this.

Stepping out of the free speech box must really get on the nerves of tptb.

I'm also glad no one got hurt.

edit to add the link I spoke of: anarchists arrested

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

It would seem that to TPTB, anybody who has a problem with their agenda falls in that catagory. I think it's great that people protest...it shows the gubment that some of their citizens actually pay attention to more then American Idol and dance with the stars.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
They will soon pass a law allowing them to pre-emptively arrest 6 billon people. Cough, I mean 6 billion anarchists.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by IAmRobot]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Those terrible anarchists simply want too much freedom. They don't seem to understand that their rulers know what is best for them. If only Mary Antonette were here I'm sure she would know how to deal with this most troublesome rabble of uneducated dirty lower class people...

Best wishes to the protesters. Do whatever you can to let them know your concerns. I just hope they listen but I don't have much hope. They seem to only want to listen to people who already agree with them and not attempt to find common ground with those who hold different views. That said, I'm sure there are people like this on both sides and not just the leaders pushing the carbon scheme.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
well that is just playing stupid .. releasing protesters in this time. The bulk of the conference is coming week and those people arrested are hardlined radicles everytime there is a demostration like anti globalisation ect they are there and they are the ones making trouble.. These individuals dressed in black are the major trouble makers and releasing them now will mean they are going to trow rocks and destroy privat proparty the coming week.
These individuals should have been released after the conference is over because these people aren't there for protest but just for acting violently they are doing harm to the people who have point and trying to take there point out there in a peacefull way. But because of these troubles shooters the people which have a good point and should be listened to are being redeculed and being laughed at for being pinheads ect.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is really getting interesting now.

All over the world our "progressive governments" are returning to draconian measures likened to those practiced in China and Iran.

And yet they still proclaim we have the right to free assembly and protest?

Yeah, we have the right to protest, as long as it's done far away, there's only a few of us, and we have to face pre-protest raids, batons, sound cannons, dogs and rubber bullets.

Yay for Democracy!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
Those terrible anarchists simply want too much freedom.

Yes, the freedom to trash a town. The problem with these demonstrations is that they attract the well meaning who have a legitimate point and represent a valid concern and they attract a bunch of first rate tossers who just want to have a fight.

The police actions may seem to be over-kill, but if they are they to ensure private property and the public is not put at risk by anti-capitalists whose only agenda is to cause mayhem. They cannot articulate their arguements, so they have to smash things up.

I'm with the police on this. I have seen first hand the devestation that these morons cause.

Regards

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They need to take pointers from the TEA Party Protestors.

It's amazing how the most uninformed create the most dangerous situations.

Where are the protestors protesting these bigwigs trying to push the biggest HOAX in World History?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by Jacob08
Those terrible anarchists simply want too much freedom.

I'm with the police on this. I have seen first hand the devestation that these morons cause.

Regards

Ya sure you are!

Yeah! even all those terrible innocent people who exercised their democratic right to protest and got arrested and locked up for no reasons as well!

Line them up against the wall and shot them, I say!

Because we all know that private property and police fascism is more important than human life and the health of our children!

Let us all just have our right to be obedient slaves to the beast of the NWO-MACHINE in peace without any interference from any freedom loving pesky Anarchists who wants to destroy the illusion of this beautiful and perfect & uncorrupted corporated society of ours, and let us God, to be free from the rest of the concerned citizens who are protesting that America & EU and China are polluting this world! - take them away to the concentration camps!

We need more chemicals and poison from private corporations in our bodies & bloodstream and environments, not less!

And preferably, we all want those cancerogenic chemicals and pollution to be from U.S corporations and not some half-assed chemicals and pollution from the pesky Chinese and European competition!

And imagine the NERVE of some people to protest against all this

Yes! how dare they interfere and complain about the pollution from private multinational and U.S corporations which are often even located in their countries?

I must say: It's just soo damn hard to be a genuine good ol' fascist these days!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

top topics

join