It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anybody in South London area witness a Gold colour light in the sky?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Tonight I witnessed a very strange and eery gold/bronzey colour light in the sky... It was just before 6pm and my sister in law had arrived to collect me, my fiancee and stepson as we was off to her house for dinner.. My Stepson got into the car with my sister in law, and me and my Fiancee where locking up the back door and windows and then we left through the front door and instantly something made me look up into the sky and thats when I noticed this gold/bronzey coloured light in the sky... it was quite sharp and bright, I pointed and showed my fiancee and it got even brighter and began moving eastwards... my stepson and sister in law noticed it and the light then faded and flew off at great speed into the distance... this happened at 6pm... the object/light was witnessed for at least 3 minutes. There was no beacon lights or landing lights and look totally different to any lights on any plane I have ever seen... it was cloudy and overcast with slight drizzle in the air.

I am just wondering if anyone else witnessed this??? surely someone in the South London area see it as it was as clear as anything in the sky???

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i.telegraph.co.uk...
Below is an article from the Telegraph.co.uk, it turns out it's just floating Chinese Lanterns.

Dozens report seeing UFOs over Merseyside
They claimed to have seen glowing orange lights moving slowly across the sky between 10.30pm and 11pm on Sunday evening.

Sightings were reported from Southport to South Liverpool, and at spots including Ainsdale, Garston and Mossley Hill.

All had seen up to four glowing, orange-red balls hovering in the sky some time between 10.30pm and 11pm.

An air traffic control source said similar lights had been witnessed previously in the north west - but had failed to appear on radar.

Jackie Hardaker, of Mossley Hill, said: "They were like red balls, they looked like fire and when planes went past they just dimmed.

"They went past the window and just faded. When I looked out again one went across Rose Lane and dropped something that looked like fire.

"It was so interesting to watch them but at the time it totally freaked me out."

Other callers also reported an object dropping from one of the lights, describing it "as if a plastic bag was on fire".

Phil Daley also saw something similar from Allerton Road at the same time. "They appeared similar to stars, but were much brighter," he said,

"As they passed over us, each light appeared to be made up of either two or three smaller lights.

"I initially assumed they must be satellites since their arc suggested an orbit, but I was surprised at the speed and pace which they moved across the sky."

They were photographed by Liverpool Echo's head of images, Barrie Mills.

"Apparently there have been quite a few sightings of these orange lights in recent years," said Mr Mills,

"I was indoors watching the TV, with the lights on, so the light in the sky had to be quite bright for me to notice it at all." Another witness described three orange lights appearing to move slowly in formation from South East to North West.

One then remained stationary for several minutes before heading in the opposite direction.

The Ministry of Defence said that although it is not unknown for military aircraft to fly across Merseyside, it would not speculate on the cause of the lights.

Mike Howell, air traffic services manager for Liverpool John Lennon Airport, said: "We have checked and are not able to associate the reports with any aircraft movements at Liverpool at those times."

A coastguard source speculated that any orange glow could be attributed to the annual Eta Aquarids meteor shower. Liverpool-born UFO expert John Rimmer said it was a "rule of thumb" that mysterious lights in the sky generally turn out to be floating Chinese lanterns.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Was it moving South?

I went out for dinner tonight with my mother, partner and son. As we left the pub, at about 6.45 ish?, we saw a big orange/yellow light moving strangely south...

My other half started talking about it being a guy in a microlight, and I tried to point out how this would not be possible - it was moving fairly steadily, and pretty fast, and as I put my son in the carseat she said it zipped off 'up' ?

What you describe seems to be the same as what I saw, would like to know what it was! (my girlfriend saying it went 'up' could mean gained altitude or could mean moved away quickl into cloud!)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So now ufos will be either coverd up as something from metor showers or floating Chinese lanterns?

I dont think that alot of chinese people are living in london
so no offence just trying to make a point.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I did not see the one tonight but I am seeing theses lights alot and have been for the last five years. I also see deep flashes from space.

In my opinion I believe they are visiting as individuals slowly infiltrating themselves amongst open minded people. you were meant to see it which is why you looked up at that point . It was a personal visit although others shared it. It seems more and more people are seeing them and It will probably lead to a bigger and better show up eventually. keep your eyes to the skies!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's... ugh... probably a bird or a plane. No. In all seriousness, hopefully you figure this one out. GL!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ok I don't live in south london, but last night at around 8pm I was walking my dog, when I looked up and saw a greenish blue light moving erratically across the sky. It kinda reminded me of the batman light, the one the commissoner would use to summons BM. Although there was no beam of light from the ground up to sky level, just this random light that got bigger and smaller as it moved around.
I have no idea what it was, I wasn't going to mention it until I saw your thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by serenecalamityz

Ok I don't live in south london, but last night at around 8pm I was walking my dog, when I looked up and saw a greenish blue light moving erratically across the sky. It kinda reminded me of the batman light, the one the commissoner would use to summons BM. Although there was no beam of light from the ground up to sky level, just this random light that got bigger and smaller as it moved around.
I have no idea what it was, I wasn't going to mention it until I saw your thread.

In your case it sounds exactly like someone shining a high powered light onto the clouds from the ground.

I live in Amsterdam South and see this all the time coming from the Ajax stadium and also from a nearby conference center.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Hi Timothy, I dont think it was a sky latern as I have seen those in the sky before, I saw this light last night (12/12/2009 at 6pm) this light almost pulsated in a kind of rhythmn and it looked different to the photo you posted. But thanks for your input...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

No this light was different to what you have seen... Your siting sounds like someone shining a laser or beam of light up in the sky or rather someone or something shinging a laser or beam of light down to the ground?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseedz
I did not see the one tonight but I am seeing theses lights alot and have been for the last five years. I also see deep flashes from space.

In my opinion I believe they are visiting as individuals slowly infiltrating themselves amongst open minded people. you were meant to see it which is why you looked up at that point . It was a personal visit although others shared it. It seems more and more people are seeing them and It will probably lead to a bigger and better show up eventually. keep your eyes to the skies!!!

I totally agree with you, everytime im outside especially at night my eyes are drawn to look up like metal is drawn to a magnet. It seems myself and a whole load of other people are witnessing these things more and more!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by adjay

Sorry adjay just found your post too... the light I see was moving Eastwards and looked eerily strange and unlike any plane or helicopter. It reminds me of the starlike objects in the sky that move but are high up.. except this one was really low...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic

Hi Timothy, I dont think it was a sky latern as I have seen those in the sky before, I saw this light last night (12/12/2009 at 6pm) this light almost pulsated in a kind of rhythmn and it looked different to the photo you posted. But thanks for your input...

A flickering flame could look like it was pulsating from a distance. Particularly if it's inside some sort of shade like a chinese lantern that spreads the luminosity of the light source over a larger area.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by RMFX1]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So now ufos will be either coverd up as something from metor showers or floating Chinese lanterns?

I dont think that alot of chinese people are living in london
so no offence just trying to make a point.

So what are you saying, valid explanations have a finite number of times they can be used?

That's completely stupid.

The more times an explanation is found to be correct the more it gains credability not the other way around.
Why does it have to be Chinese people?

The lanterns are let off at party's and occasions or just for fun, they have become hugely popular in the uk this year, I've even used them myself and had neighbours in a flap the next day asking if I saw the orange lights.

If you look back to the summer there were a huge number of reports of orange orbs and lights in the UK and at the same time Chinese lanterns were enjoying a huge increase in sales, helped in part by the hugely popular online retailer play.com selling them as well as ebay and Amazon.

So in the uk during 2009 Chinese lanterns became an overnight craze and a sales success and in the same country in the same year there was a massive outbreak of orange lights being spotted in the sky, it is not a big stretch of the imagination to believe the two things are related is it?

I cannot believe the stupidity of claiming that an explanation becomes less credible the more times it is used, that is completely ignorant and foolish.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I live in Catford and last week I saw very strange light effects in the sky up towards Lewisham (gave me the willies to begin with), but after watching them for a bit I came to the conclusion it's someone on the ground shining something into the sky. Usually happens around 6, so I presume it's some kids mucking about after dinner.

Edit to add location

[edit on 13/12/2009 by nomadros]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Sounds interesting and not too far from where I am, im in Croydon at the moment and thats where I witnessed the gold light. Your conclusion sounds plausable but... what the hell can these kids be using as it must be powerful to send a light into the sky like what I saw last night??

I just though maybe it was the Christmas star haha
but then it was cloudy oh well..

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

It might be some high powered display lighting bouncing off the clouds.

If you see it again, watch any 'planes in the area. When I was watching it, 'planes coming off the stack to begin their approach LHR seemed to be avoiding the area and taking wide or shallow arcs around it, so I guessed it was something going on below them. I'm not back there'til tomorrow night, but I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Alright, it might have auctually been a UFO then, it's just a lot of people get Chinese Lanterns confused for UFOs.

By the way, There are plenty of Chinese living in London, and not only Chinsese people use the lanterns.

I made a thread on spotting UFOs if you would care to read on it... just in case you see another UFO anytime soon, you'll be prepared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes on the main road near me there is a huge Chinese superstore that sells foods, groceries and so on from China, and also a huge restuarant so there are lots of Chinese people here... also I was the other side of London a few days ago and see sky laterns in the store there. Im 95% sure that what I see was not a sky lantern although I may buy some and let them off haha...

just read your first thread and its a good one..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join