It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture and Footage show similar object

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't know if this video has been discussed before. I did a search but I couldn't find it. I dowloaded this several years ago, just like the picture. I have no further details on the footage. The video was "labelled" UFO Brasil 1998. The picture appears to be a scan from a book which I don't know. Does anyone know any details about one ore both of them?

(click to open player in new window)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a58a62056079dae5.gif[/atsimg]

What struck me is that the objects look very alike.
They both could be hoaxes, the video could be CGI and the object ion the picture a clutch from a manual gearbox. If both are hoaxes, pleases move this thread to the [HOAX]-Forum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/cab01f1302da8be7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nice, but the flight is too smooth to be natural. The way the camera shakes as oppsed to the craft, dead giveaway of CGI.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Rudders on a flat saucer.
See the Rex Heflin saucer, totally flat.
Walton reported seeing flat saucers during his brief stay on a base.
The CGI guys can't use a known saucer due to being all hoaxed up.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a58a62056079dae5.gif[/atsimg]

You know what that upper picture looks more like? Think of about a 1985-2000 plastic hubcap that snaps in, look at the gaps in the lower section, think around the lug-nuts. Also the pin looking items, I have seen those on hubcaps, they set the depth of how far the cap can go in.

Edit to add-also those pins hold in a wire type item that locks it in, I swear my 79 Sunbird coupe had that exact hubcap.

As for the video, possibly a hovercraft type lightweight RV. Two counter rotating fans that blow through the vehicle giving it lift? Otherwise no clue.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Definitely CGI.
There's an outline.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Bad logic... the large craft would naturally fly smooth...and the camera being light weight and in the hands of a human would naturally be shaky, especially given the circumstances... IF it is CGI, analysis of the footage would be what would detect it, not a casual viewing.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Don't you find it a wee bit suspicious that the camera is pointed and waiting in the right direction before it arrives?

Also the foreground tree's seem at odds with the tone and contrast of the background..

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I did see one problem during slow playback on an external player. Their are two light sources. When the craft initially comes out, their is a shadow that scoots across the water straight across, then another shadow shows up directly below it. I will look for more in Adobe.

edit to add-Alright, just below the craft at about 13/16 the way through the clip, the water just below the craft shimmers, possible adjustment of the pixels or a fan craft as I posited earlier. Will now convert to a 60fps gif file and look at it with fireworks.

2nd edit-in Fireworks viewing the created gif file, it seems like the shape of the shadow has changed to much. Initially the shadow is larger-more oval, now when it makes the slight bank, it seems the shadow gets way to small for the slight adjustment in flight, not conclusive.

Still no definitive proof, cannot see any pixel problems as of yet. When the craft comes out from behind shrubs, their is some pixel changes in the shrub. But these may very well be seen through the shrub.

One last program to run it through.
3rd edit-No help, but their is definitely something wrong with that initial shadow. When I ran it through forward and backward one frame at a time without any changes in format. Left as flv, viewed in Premeire Pro, the initial shadow does not look like it belongs. Also, the pixels of the craft seem to be sharper than the surroundings, in some frames.

Sorry, cannot give a definitive answer.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It might help if I provide you the original footage as it is. The video I uploaded was converted into .flv, the original is a .avi.
Here you can download the original which is a little over 2 Mb:
www.file-upload.net...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would expect to see a shadow on the far bank. You see a shadow go across the water and dies after it reaches the bank.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Okay, I do not know if it was just the different video or what made me think a little more.

The initial shadow, was a shadow. The second shadow, is not a shadow but a reflection from the pool. I am currently trying to draw the reflection to make sure what it is showing, confirms the correct angle of refraction of light.

My first theory may be correct. Whoever made this or shot this, did a very good job on the quality they shot it with. It is very hard to see if any pixels have been mixed anywhere on the video. They used a IR32 Compression, it is a 320x240 pixels 5403 kbps data rate. I am going to try and decompress the file and see if that will sharpen the video anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Looks pretty convenient to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Well, the cameraman might have seen the object coming but there were too many obstacles (trees/bushes) to get a clear shot, so he waited until the object flew by the gap. I hoped one of you guys could give a definitive answer if this is CGI.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I first thought that something didn't looked right when the "UFO" appears behind the tree, it looks like the front of the UFO appears in front of some of the leafs and branches.

But then I noticed what the problem really was, the UFO appears outside the frame, over the black stripe, as you can see on the following animation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b7d0431ec6d0fa23.gif[/atsimg]

I don't see any explanation for that except that the UFO was added latter.

PS: I think this was noticed on an older thread about this video, but I am not sure.

Edit: I knew that I had seen that before, see this post.

[edit on 25/12/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Plainly cgi, no question. I wish I had the patience to explain further, as I am pretty handy in the kitchen with Maya, adobe, even blender.........but yeah this is fake.

I would not label it a hoax right off though. More often than not these things are done by students or hobby types not as a hoax, but as an effects test or part of a bigger project/assignment. Then someone grabs them from their posting or whatever and we end up in situations like this.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This reminds me of this video listed as over a river in Italy ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, and that video is cgi too. But I loved reading the comments section on that on. Filled with the ignorant defending this 100% FAKE video. Sad that most people can't even tell is a video is cgi and they claim to be so interested in this hobby. You would think the first thing an intelligent person would do is slightly educate themselves about the type of evidence they see on a regular basis so they wont be fooled by utter tripe such as this.

But most don't, because they don't really want to know if this stuff is fake...it reality gets in the way of their fantasy they have a fit.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Everyone has his or her specialties, my eyes aren't that well trained and I don't know how to use the software ArMap uses. Speculating is something else than defending as long as it isn't a proven hoax.
I have more fun digging up stuff in order to find more evidence, which is difficult because of the many fakes like this one. Maybe I'll come up with another clip these days, there are many more in my huge archive which I'm sorting out a little at the moment. Over 500 documentaries from which more than 150 about UFOs.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I have more fun digging up stuff in order to find more evidence, which is difficult because of the many fakes like this one. Maybe I'll come up with another clip these days, there are many more in my huge archive which I'm sorting out a little at the moment. Over 500 documentaries from which more than 150 about UFOs.

You know what, your right! I don't claim to hunt the web for clips or anything, heck I'm lazy...I wait for the people here at ATS to find them and post them. The reason I don't surf the web looking for the latest and greatest video that is creme of the crop is because they don't, and probably never will, exist for the most part.

Trust me, if there was something that held up with supporting evidence you would know about it LONG before it becomes some grainy youtube video, trust me. Especially with the hound dogs around here.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hi guys,

i cant actully see/watch the video due to me being on a very poor laptop connection today, anyways

is this the brasil 98 video of a craft hovering up a jungle river?

if so it been proven to be fake along time ago.. was something to do with the trees and shadows i belive,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join