It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Involuntary astral travles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hi!

I have had involuntary astral travels since I was about 18. I wish I could explore it more, but I simply gets too scared. The world I enter is often very dark, and i don't know how much of it that is "real" and how much that is simply my imagination. (wich I think is a lot..
) The out of body experience is certanly "real" any how. I can controle my dreams as well, and know the differences.
I simply wants to get in contact whit more people to share experiences with, and get some help to control and explore this.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by SheMale]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
what do you mean by involuntary?
are you doing a regular activity and suddenly finding yourself in the astral?
or do you mean that it happens involuntary when you attempt to meditate or sleep?

I have had several oobe's, I try to have oobe's so I wouldn't call it involuntary but I can never control where I go or if and when it happens. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's not involuntary in the mean that I don't want it to happen at all, but like you said I can't exact control when it's gonna happen, even if i now are quite good at recognize the feeling before i "go up". it happens when I try to sleep (i don't meditate at all).

I read a bit about this just before my first post (I have now decided to explore this once and for all
) and for instant other people seem to have no problems to control themselves during it. Especially getting back, but I have to use all my willpower to force myself back into the body. I think this is the biggest reason why I get so afraid. In the two latest trips I had people who have tried to contact me, and in the last one "something" also tried to scare me (a bloody arm was in my bed, and dark figures "flying" around in my room.) I was very determent and told "them" to stop, that helped. I never leave my room by the way. I have only dared to look out the window so far hehe. Or at leaste this year. I had no experieces during my 5 year realtionship, but before that I was out flying quite a lot, unfortuantely I don't remeber too much of it, but I will read my diaries when I have time.

I have never seen my body in those trips (never tried either) and I have had some "by force" as well, (ahh I remeber!!) in daytime. Those where never scary! Wierd...

(by the way, let me know if I describe soemthing bad, I'm Swedish and my English isn't perfect)

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
you are travelling to the lower planes, please try and go to the upper planes, you will be happier there, trust me.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
hi there,

i know how scary it can be to go out where you have never been before, but you have to try otherwise you will never do it.

like killer 5 said please try control where you go and go to the upper planes, they are much safer and much freindlier too, it won't scare you, you might find it fascinating, but not scary.

you have to face the things that scare you, especially in this way otherwise they will never leave you alone, and more will come, trust me i know.

good luck

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
thank you all of you for your anweres.

I have been quite sure that it has been my fears, but when your're not competely sure if you are safe or not, that have become a fear in itself.

How do I get to the upper levels? and should I try to talk to the people that I think are contacting me? What can I espect from that kind of "conversation", Do they talk?? haha God I have som any questions.. Do you think they are real or in my imagination? What kinds of risks are there involved in those travels?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
All of my OBE have been involuntary.... usually occurs during sleep with me. And I've had two AP, I guess that's what it was,...I was awake and all my senses worked but could'nt talk. Now if I could learn to control it.
.. lately I 've been trying remote viewing.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
...and possesion? Could it just be a spirit invading your concious?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killer 5
you are travelling to the lower planes, please try and go to the upper planes, you will be happier there, trust me.

*never trust anyone who says "trust me"* Just kidding.

Can you elaborate these planes you are referring to? Lower, upper, higher?? Is there a mid way as well? Are the planes you speak of the same as realms, dimensions, state of consciousness, levels..what?

And just how would one "try to go to an upper plane" straight from being in the midst of a lower one?

Spurting out wisdom in a foreign language to someone who cannot understand you is one thing, speaking their own however is the greatest way to teach someone *to* understand your knowledge and wisdom.

(By the way SheMale, it does seem that most out of body experiences begin involuntarily- and are more noticable at about your age too(from my own personal studies) Your body/mind is teaching you something. My suggestion is to go with it, learn from the feeling and study and note where you go whether high or low or somewhere inbetween.
Mags

[Edited on 5/27/04 by magestica]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The only time I have ever have an OBE was once when I was dreaming and had a religious experience. Seems I was battling with myself between good and evil and got pushed out of my own body. Floated above myself, before something poked me and I slammed back into my body and woke up. Is the only time I have ever experienced that. Sometimes I can close my eyes and see places and such, but never have left unless I am in 2 places at once. I dunno what to tell you. I have heard it happen, buts not been my experiences yet, so I can't add anything other than to say I know it happens, and I hope you find some solution.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Was it something external? Or something inside you that you were trying to overcome/defeat? Why do you say it was religious in nature? How do you know it was good and evil and not good and great or evil and repulsive?

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Was it something external? Or something inside you that you were trying to overcome/defeat? Why do you say it was religious in nature? How do you know it was good and evil and not good and great or evil and repulsive?

Thanks!

OK, here it goes.

I was dreaming that I was praying to god to be saved, and suddenly I saw 2 angels under an arch, and they were taking my prayers and delivering them to God. I knew at that point, I was being heard. Then...I suddenly was thrown out of my body, like just pulled right out. I floated above myself for a few seconds, then this really dark evil deep voice said, I DON'T THINK SO, YOU ARE MINE!!! And a really nasty looking reptile like hand shot out from my body and poked me really hard in the side and I came crashing down back into my body and my side hurt for a while after. Then, about 2 weeks later I had another experience....which is in a thread here...lemme see if I can find it....yup, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first dream I believe was connected with this experience.

*edited for really bad typonese, gotta love a spell checker!*

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

(By the way SheMale, it does seem that most out of body experiences begin involuntarily- and are more noticable at about your age too(from my own personal studies) Your body/mind is teaching you something. My suggestion is to go with it, learn from the feeling and study and note where you go whether high or low or somewhere inbetween.
Mags

=)
What I have done so far is to try to see how much of what I see is connected with my mind, for instant -when I wanted to see a spirit I saw a spirit (and it was REEEAALYY REAL -I call it a hallucination because the way I saw it was like in the back of my head _trough_ my eyes. It's hard to explain, and a lot of light was shining between us but it came no shadows from it. And he had the greatest smile and I was extreamely happy during the vision) Also, now when I have "opened" up for new experiences they suddenly start to happen again -even though most of them have been lucid dreams. And as soon as I felt I was afraid in this state, "things" started to show up to scare me. When I wanted to be contacted, people started to show up. So this is really connected a lot with my fantasy and mind -obviously. What I would like to find out is of course if it is only in my mind (a great playground, your personal matrix) or not (aaahhh scary!!!!)
But like usuall I'm just blablaing. A concrete question; I want to be prepared when this happens again, so I wont get namby-pamby and hurry back again. Is there something I can focus on, like a task or something?

By the way; I checked my diaries, I was 16 when I had my first trip (open eyes, daytime) What about the age is unusuall? When does this normally happen??

thesecretme
I'm really curious of what you have experienced? and what kind of scary thing you were meeting?

Does all of you start from the same spot you are at, before you "go up"?

By the way2, I think I got a good explanation between lucid dreams and Out of B travels, in dreams you "jump" alot both in time and room (can you say that?) but in OOBE you (I) never do that, it's just in "real" life. Is this something any other of you can agree with as well?

more answeres, this is really fun! I thought I was crazy!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've done it a couple of times too. Once I was daydreaming at school (we've all done that) and I ended up projecting.
The second time I blacked out and did the same. This one was scary but I think its because I was feeling so ill at the time. I saw ghostly black figures with red eyes. Was I happy to get out of that. I've never done it voluntary even though I've tried often. Rather not have the demons again though

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"*never trust anyone who says "trust me"* Just kidding.

Can you elaborate these planes you are referring to? Lower, upper, higher?? Is there a mid way as well? Are the planes you speak of the same as realms, dimensions, state of consciousness, levels..what?

And just how would one "try to go to an upper plane" straight from being in the midst of a lower one?

Spurting out wisdom in a foreign language to someone who cannot understand you is one thing, speaking their own however is the greatest way to teach someone *to* understand your knowledge and wisdom."

magestica

the planes that i refer to are one and the same to diferent dimensions. There are diferent levels on the astral realms, planes, dimensions...
Most people go to the astral planes when they project. There is a in between in these realms, i can it the shadow. you can travel to these other planes by willing yourself to go there or just ask for someone to take you there(in your mind) and you will get help. You will feel the differnce between these different planes.

Sory that i haven't replied in so long been very busy

new topics

top topics

join