It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Stonehenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Atlanta , GA and the Ga Guidestones have intrigued me since I first heard about them on this site. Whoever was behind the creation of the stones is still a mystery.
I would like to make a documentary film about the stones.
I will be taking a journey there to check it out and I wonder what positive suggestions members of the ATS might offer?
Please don't say something like "bring a camera"
I want to know what , if anything has been left out of the story?
I have researched the stones on this site and it is a difficult question to ask , I know.
What's been left out?
For example; I have not found anyone doing extensive interviews of the members who were on the board of the local city council at the time of the stones' construction.
Could they not be a good place to start looking for a connection?
Georgia is what is known as a "good ol boy state"
Most of the bible belt is that way too; so I figure someone in politics at the time must have had a connection with and therefore know more about the people behind the construction of the stones.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or do I need to think about a bigger picture? Like interviewing the politicians who were working in the state's capitol at the time? Something like that might come out of Atlanta before going rural.
What questions , if any, would you ask?
What other people could shed more light onto the mystery?
The owners of the rock quarry in Elberton ?
The employees of the company back in 1980 might be a good place.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Most structures require building permits. I would imagine that huge stones like that which could fall over if not properly put in place could kill people. So there should be building permits, if not, WHY NOT? So check out that line.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Also find out who owns the land. If the land is public property then the county council members at the time would be a very good start. Also the Building permit is good too. The problem is that I believe everything has been digitized by then so don't be surprised if the info has gone "missing".

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I thought it was rumored that the Rothschild family was responsible for procuring the funding of the stones? I'll have to go through some old threads about them and see. I will edit this post when I find the answer.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Another line of investigation would be an analysis of this: Why would post-apocalyptic "guide stones" be positioned at that particular location? Is there a geographic advantage? Highway systems? What about that location would allow for people crawling out of the wreckage of the apocalypse to stumble across it?

Might ask survival experts, geologists (water sources, soils), botany (natural plants), animal migration experts, human migration (nomad) experts; ask them if there is anything special about that location. Do research on government underground facilities in the area (did the sponsor who paid for the monument have knowledge of some huge facility near by that he expected people to crawl out of?).

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Most structures require building permits. I would imagine that huge stones like that which could fall over if not properly put in place could kill people. So there should be building permits, if not, WHY NOT? So check out that line.

Yes indeed; building permits.
That's a good line to check out; thanks harry.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here is whats been covered already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looking forward to your trip and thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Also find out who owns the land. If the land is public property then the county council members at the time would be a very good start. Also the Building permit is good too. The problem is that I believe everything has been digitized by then so don't be surprised if the info has gone "missing".

I didn't think about the "gone missing" thing.
I'm glad you mentioned it ; thanks.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Another line of investigation would be an analysis of this: Why would post-apocalyptic "guide stones" be positioned at that particular location? Is there a geographic advantage? Highway systems? What about that location would allow for people crawling out of the wreckage of the apocalypse to stumble across it?

Might ask survival experts, geologists (water sources, soils), botany (natural plants), animal migration experts, human migration (nomad) experts; ask them if there is anything special about that location. Do research on government underground facilities in the area (did the sponsor who paid for the monument have knowledge of some huge facility near by that he expected people to crawl out of?).

Harry, that's brilliant.
Terrain in and of itself , and that on top of resources and the relationship to the people and animals.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Lots of threads on this already.

They were commissioned by a guy who called himself R.C. Christian, although most agree that wasnt his real name.

He commissioned them through the Elberton Granite Finishing Company.

Their message is taken almost directly from Thomas Paine.

They are astronomically aligned.

There are eyeslits to view the eastern horizon.

There is a hole drilled so taht the North Star is always visible.

Two slots cut into them align with sunrise of the solstices.

It is the that R.C. Christian is a psuedonymn for Christian Rosenkreuz, founder of the Rosicrucians.

Quite interesting indeed....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Here is whats been covered already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looking forward to your trip and thread.

Thanks , man.
I will go back through all of it with all of the profound new perspectives I've gained from the profound new advice I've got so far.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Lastly, from the Wired article about the Guidestones is this lovely nugget of information. Gives one a temptation to "investigate", don't it?
Wired article

Martin also made a promise to destroy all the records of his dealings with Christian, though he hasn't kept that one—at least not yet. In the back of his garage is a large plastic bin (actually, the hard-sided case of an IBM computer he bought back in 1983) stuffed with every document connected to the Guidestones that ever came into his possession, including the letters from Christian.

Now if someone were to say...get their hands on that plastic bin, one might have a best selling documentary in the making. Of course, there might be some legal issues once that information is published, but there are such things as scanners, digital photographs, a little place called Wikileaks.

Just sayin'...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Lots of threads on this already.

They were commissioned by a guy who called himself R.C. Christian, although most agree that wasnt his real name.

He commissioned them through the Elberton Granite Finishing Company.

Their message is taken almost directly from Thomas Paine.

They are astronomically aligned.

There are eyeslits to view the eastern horizon.

There is a hole drilled so taht the North Star is always visible.

Two slots cut into them align with sunrise of the solstices.

It is the that R.C. Christian is a psuedonymn for Christian Rosenkreuz, founder of the Rosicrucians.

Quite interesting indeed....

Captain, that's all of which intrigues me about it.
I simply want to interview whomever I can until I interview the person himself or herself who commissioned this piece.
It is art as well as science; and philosophically it moves me.

The mystery to me is astounding. I want to film it; interview the people; connect with the essence of the piece .get to the bottom of the mysteriousness behind the way in which it all was done.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Lastly, from the Wired article about the Guidestones is this lovely nugget of information. Gives one a temptation to "investigate", don't it?
Wired article

Martin also made a promise to destroy all the records of his dealings with Christian, though he hasn't kept that one—at least not yet. In the back of his garage is a large plastic bin (actually, the hard-sided case of an IBM computer he bought back in 1983) stuffed with every document connected to the Guidestones that ever came into his possession, including the letters from Christian.

Now if someone were to say...get their hands on that plastic bin, one might have a best selling documentary in the making. Of course, there might be some legal issues once that information is published, but there are such things as scanners, digital photographs, a little place called Wikileaks.

Just sayin'...

I'm gonna make you one my ATS friends. Hope that's cool.
I wonder about "getting my hands on that plastic bin"
Holy sh#$ that's really cool, man.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Might be the Knights Templar... they were in many areas before columbus arrived.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Would be worth checking out what kind of stones they are made from(granite), were they locally sourced or from a quarry in the arsehole of nowhere. Might be some significance in that like the rock itself holds some value. The guidestones remind me of Dolmens (I'm sure someone has probably mentioned it but I'm new), I hail from Ireland and there are more than a hundred of these.
'A Dolmen today is just a remnant of a burial monument. The gigantic rocks were originally out of sight under a mound of sand or earth. Discoveries have revealed that the Dolmen was a communal burial tomb. They would contain the remains of up to a hundred people, making them a virtual cemetery.'
www.essortment.com...

www.irelandtravelpictures.net...
Although this would not tie into the bible belt surroundings, as these are pagan monuments.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ENIMY

Its not related to anything in Ireland mate.

Here, I made a 3 part documentary over a year ago on the Guidestones and still to this day say that I discovered the RC link before Mark Dice because Mark Dice never explained or elaborated as to why he thought it was C.R.C. Sorry that's my rant over, here is the documentary
:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:(Has been muted due to copyright, "Prodigy-Smack my B up" content)

There is lots of reading involved after the introduction (First half of Part1).

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by ENIMY

Its not related to anything in Ireland mate.

Here, I made a 3 part documentary over a year ago on the Guidestones and still to this day say that I discovered the RC link before Mark Dice because Mark Dice never explained or elaborated as to why he thought it was C.R.C. Sorry that's my rant over, here is the documentary
:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:(Has been muted due to copyright, "Prodigy-Smack my B up" content)

There is lots of reading involved after the introduction (First half of Part1).

That is so much to absorb; that documentary is awesome.
Is that really you that made that, man?
How can I be sure; no offense.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Heh thanks man

If you want me to verify, send me a message on YouTube and I will reply back

Glad you found it of use mate.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Heh thanks man

If you want me to verify, send me a message on YouTube and I will reply back

Glad you found it of use mate.

brother, that is astounding.
I would love to pick your brain about the myriad of pieces of information you have dropped into people's laps with this.
And some questions about my own journey to see the stones; if you would not mind sparing some moments of your time. You are passionate about this I can tell . And I would be happy to hear any stories you might have about this topic, for it strikes me as well.
Is that you playing the guitar and singing on the "bingo" part , man?
I have to ask

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join