It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pagan Origin Of Christmas: Jesus Was Not Born On December 25th But Some Pagan Gods were!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Star for the Daddy Bare, and a thank you for the smile and chuckle, it broke up a very boring Friday morning. I believe it was termed "bundling"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Monday = Moon Day ... Moon ... Silver/White ... Home (imagination/intuition)

Tuesday = Tiw Day ... Mars ... Red ... Drive (daring/courage/energy)

Wenesday = Wodin Day ... Mercury ... Orange ... Communication (travel/memory)

Thursday = Thor Day ... Jupiter ... Blue ... Opportunity (expansion/luck)

Friday = Freya Day ... Venus ... Green ... Attraction (love / health / wealth)

Saturday = Saturn Day ... Saturn ... Black ... Stability (consolidation/limitations)

Sunday = Sun Day ... Sun ... Gold/Yellow ... Healing (vitality/speculation)

Hope you find this interesting ... good little guide for things like Candle Magick for anyone who might be interested.

Woody

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Friday = Freya Day ... Venus ... Green ... Attraction (love / health / wealth)

No wonder I like Friday's so much!

Very informative... Appreciate the addition to the thread!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by DaddyBare

Star for the Daddy Bare, and a thank you for the smile and chuckle, it broke up a very boring Friday morning. I believe it was termed "bundling"

I think your right..it was a lot of years ago but if memory serves... one technique was to tightly tie the young ladies legs together I think they did the same to the young man as well... then said young couple... presumingly safe... as allowed to share a bed and have a sample of marital bliss...
this tied up thing was called "Bundling"

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There was a thread created recently which has found its way into an unknown blackhole which I posted an informative post regarding Satan and Santa. I would like to paste it in this thread as a quote because I feel its information that has been over looked.

Posted by the_denv

I have been saying this for years. Santa Claus is Satan Claws, and for the fun of it, put an "all seeing eye" between the two words and you have yourself the word: "Satan i Claws" = Satanic Laws.

If you ever research or even see in real life a Freemasonic ritual for the 3rd Degree Master mason, a man will be present dressed in an identical suit as Santa Claus. Honest.

Coca-Cola (We all know what and who they are), changed the "Santa" suit for their own benefits back in the 1950s. Red equaling the bloodline and White equaling "Enlightenment and/or Illuminating" - The Red and White colors. Before that he was all sorts of colors, brown, green, white etc.

Santa Claus uses magic indeed, he "decks the halls with boughs of holly". Holly, using holly is done by the Magi/Medes - those who "cast spells". "Holly-Wood". Magic wands were made from the wood of a Holly tree in ancient times.

Santa has eight reindeer: Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, and Dunder and Blixem (Rudolph doesnt count he was added at a later in 1939). Eight is a very significant number within secret societies and symbology.

Everyone also puts a REEF of holly on their front door, this is actually a representation of the "crown of thorns" Jesus Christ was tortured with. You really think Jesus would want to see a crown of thorns? Do you think Satan would want to see everyone hang crowns of thorns on their door?

December 25th, the year of the GOAT. Capricorn, a Baphomet, Jah-Bul-On, Goat of Mendes reference. You all celebrate the astrological positioning of the GOAT, you all ILLUMINATE your houses with lights, you all put PINE trees in your house (representation of the Pineal Gland, a form of sorcery), you all participate in satanic rituals by laying your gifts at the bottom of the pine tree, leave food out for Satan (which is a form of an invitation - allowing evil spirits in to your house), you all write on paper of what you want (making a deal with Satan).

The full moon we all see on many postcards and pictures during Christ-Mas is a form of Moon worships (heh they only come out at night lol), the star you see in all Christmas cards is the Star Sirius, Sirius is very important in Freemasonary - yes Im serious.

The devil's common entry line is the "devil's bluster," was "Ho! Ho! Hoh!" (Siefker, Phyllis. Santa Claus, Last of the Wild Men: The Origins and Evolution of Saint Nicholas. Jefferson: McFarland & Company, Inc., 1997, p. 69) Satan loves his hoes, especially when its illuminated with snow so bright.

An elf is a wandering evil spirit; a fairy; a hobgoblin; an imaginary being which our evil ancestors supposed to inhabit unfrequented places, and in various ways to affect mankind. Myths from Ireland hold many secrets.

H.P. Blavatsky claims elves are "disembodied spirits," used in "magic and sorcery" and are "the principal agents in seances." (H.P. Blavatsky, Isis Unveiled, Vol I, p. 262)

So..you still going to lay down the Milk and the Cookies and saying "Ho" three times. Reminds me of Beatlejuice the movie lol.

Hang your stockings and say your prayers,
'Cause Satan Claws comes tonight..

A Slay that he rides, the arch is identical to the ring of Saturn!

Santa, Satan, Saturn.

I could go on forever.

Santa Claus is Satan Claws. Of course, HE LOVES LITTLE CHILDREN SITTING ON HIS KNEE!

Watch Zeitgeist, Peter Joesph based this film on the works of Jordan Maxwell. It explains the identical "gods" throughout history that love to be born on 25th December.

...and dont forget that 25th December is the year of the GOAT!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Also, I would like to point out that the days of the week, the months of the year and how many days per year is all false due to Ceaser changing it.

There are 13 moon cycles (29.53 days).

The months, weeks and days where manipulated in order for people to not understand the energy powers you can receive from planets, moons and astrological alignment. This was done so the ruler (Ceaser) would be able to harvest the "correct" energy so he can rule the world.

For example: Ceaser makes you worship the Moon on a Monday (he created the name), but what if Ceaser was the only person who knew that the Moon should have actually been worshiped on a Tuesday and that the name of Tuesday was created to confuse you, meaning you harvest the wrong energies and Ceaser harvests the correct energy.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

bit of a Friday fan myself.

Woody

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Sorry mate, Hate to 'rag ' on you but I'm a Pagan , and proud of it, maybe you should have said you ate the term 'HEATHEN'.

Pagan and Heathen are terms used by other 'Religeous' people to try and ridicule those that do no believe the same as them.

Pagan , and Proud.

Just curious what you believe Pagan means and where it comes from.

This is not a derogatory inflamed question. I have a friend who is a Pagan Priestess - - who explained her version. Just curious what other Pagans believe.

By Christian Terms - - I would be considered Pagan or Heathen. Not particularly sure if they mean the same thing by real definition.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The word 'heathen' comes from the old English ... 'man of the heath' and refers to a countryman ... someone who lives in the country (peasant etc).

Woody

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think I explained in my second post... see there is no one Pagan religion Wiccans are as different from OTO's are are Thelma's are as we Native Americans... it's not fair to lump us all together with by a word that in essence means non-believer... we believe... just not in the same things..

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

I'm not saying you should try to be PC here but ya know we really need a better, nicer term for we none X-tains one that doesn't makes us sound like a pack of loin cloth wearing cavemen...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

I'm going to venture a guess that you aren't going to find a whole lot of sympathy here from Christians regarding the use of the term pagan when you use the term X-tains to refer to them.

Just sayin'.

Eric

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Christmas, time for Nimrod worship, and Easter is time to worship his mother, Ester.

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Annee

The word 'heathen' comes from the old English ... 'man of the heath' and refers to a countryman ... someone who lives in the country (peasant etc).

Woody

Thank you. This is basically the same line of thought the Pagan Priestess referred to in her opinion of what Pagan meant. She said it meant "of the earth" or farmers. Which would have been looked upon as lower class.

It goes a bit deeper then that - - as in these ancient times - Religion was Government. Who ever was in power determined the religion and vice versa. If you did not embrace the religion of power - - you were also anti-government.

Those who were of the elite - - wealth and power - - would of course be in agreement with the government & choice of religious belief. They might own farmland - - but would never get their hands dirty - - or be "of the earth".

Of course it was originally meant as a derogatory term. But consider the source.

Personally I embrace the label/word Pagan. Not only do I think it has a beautiful sound to it - - - but it represents so much more to me - - then simply not being Christian.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I think I explained in my second post... see there is no one Pagan religion Wiccans are as different from OTO's are are Thelma's are as we Native Americans... it's not fair to lump us all together with by a word that in essence means non-believer... we believe... just not in the same things..

Do you know how many Christian sects there are? They have only one thing in common - they believe Christ was the salvation of mankind. They argue so much within their own base grouping - who is a "true" Christian and who isn't - - it gets petty and ridiculous.

I'm not gonna do that with Pagan. I love the sound of the word - I think it is a beautiful word. To me it does mean "people of the earth" - - people who are real - - people who embrace life and mother earth.

As I understand it - in most Native American cultures - they simply refer to themselves as "the people". That is what I embrace. "The People" - "The People of the Earth".

For me - Pagan - encompasses that philosophy.

I am Pagan. I am of The People. I am of The People of the Earth.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Annee

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

DO NOT even quote bible to me. I have no interest.

I was raised - make that assimilated - in a Christian culture. Therefore I do know Christian.

As many like me - in a journey quest for truth - I attended many of the diverse Christian sects - - - before I chose to leave as a true non-believer.

I will not be party to turning this into another Pagan vs Christian thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Not to sound like I'm ragging on you but I really hate the term "Pagan"...

See I'm Native American I follow the beliefs and traditions handed down by my ancestors... we've been doing the same thing far longer than Christianity been around yet were labeled "Pagan" or better yet "Heathen" got to love that one....

I'm not saying you should try to be PC here but ya know we really need a better, nicer term for we none X-tains one that doesn't makes us sound like a pack of loin cloth wearing cavemen...

BTW Dec was picked as X-mas because we "Pagans" celebrate the winter Solstice at around the same time (9:47 am in the morning of Monday, December 21 for this year)... FYI did you know every year the world spends around 35 billion dollars on X-mass stuff... decorations presents sundries... yup 35 billion in personal wealth, poof, gone, just like that..

[edit on 11-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

Sorry mate, Hate to 'rag ' on you but I'm a Pagan , and proud of it, maybe you should have said you ate the term 'HEATHEN'.
Pagan and Heathen are terms used by other 'Religeous' people to try and ridicule those that do no believe the same as them.

Pagan , and Proud.

With you there DataWraith.

A tad too sensitive, i'm Celtic pagan and proud, as much as am pantheist in a Neopagan contexrt, never had any issue with pagan.

If somebody uses it in the derisory context it's abuse of language by a hater, it isn't an insulting description.

And as heathen merely means to be of the heath, in other words our ancestors in nature, i do not regard being termed Heathen an insult until used in that manner, certain aristocratic monotheists a century or two ago abused the term in their grandiose delusions of spiritual superiority and so a modern perception is as a derisory term, but etymologically and certainly in my vocabulary, it's simply a neutral term to describe those living next to nature, as some environmentalist communes still do in modernity.

As with a lot of neutral terminology, if used in the context of insult, it's idiots abusing language.

Sorry but perceptions seem far too sensitive if pagan is an insult to anybody who is polytheist and mystic.

It is about the solar age and yes, a great many religions for a few thousand years prior to EgyptoRoman JudaoChristianity have the same symbolic and coded aspects of astrological knowledge in their teachings such as a messiah born 25/12/??, knowledgeable men/wise led to birth by star, similar events in timeline of each culminating in resurrection after death, same as Genesis is an altered version of a much older story common well before the current Christian religion.

Easter which was deliberately plonked atop the feast of our goddess Oestara is another one which the monotheist solars integrated with our ancient Sabbaths and festivals as our winter solstice, as already mentioned, integrated then slowly written out but for want of trying they obviously couldn't succeed when attempting to eradicate us through assimilation as well as subjugation's in wave after wave of invasion from the East, when ye look at our true history.

Both schools are correct in different aspects, all about Sol Aeon And taking the solstice away from everybody except the early controlling theocrats.

They desire to be Solar, but we are all of Stellar!

Praise be Danu.

Pax-Delta-Pan

Enlightened Evolution.
Tempered From The Chaotic Forge Of Life

[I'm aware it may seem so, but i don't have a problem with spiritual christians or gnostics.]

[Edit: Reading through the rest of the thread, i should have just said, indeed.

But then that'd be a one liner]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Pagan is a word describing a religion, not a religion itself. However, "Pagans" don't realize this and go on to claim things that have all the individualism of saying "I'm polytheistic."

I dont believe that all christians believe december the 25th to be the actual birthday but it is just the day we celebrate it on.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan

[I'm aware it may seem so, but i don't have a problem with spiritual Christians or Gnostics.

Nor do I.

As I believe evolved beings are sent regularly among humans to guide them to a higher spiritual understanding.

Jesus was most likely one of those who was sent.

For me there is a major different between Spirituality and Man-Made Religion. As governments were religion -- it is a power tool for mass control.

Technically I do not deny Jesus. I deny "man's" interpretation of events and meanings.

I am in sync with earth's energies. I am of the Earth. I am Pagan.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I thought that pretty much everyone already knew this. I probably overestimated that though.

also wasn't Mithra born on Dec. 25th? The mythos of Jeezus borrowed some things from Mithra if I'm not mistaken

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join