It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why we so worried when we die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have some questions that just came to mind.

Why are people so obsessed about predicting the end of the world when we are all going to die as a natural process.

Who cares when, and is this one of the reasons the world is such a mess.

We should live everyday as if it was the last with no future after.Maybe this is why there is such a lack of respect for fellow humans.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by weirdo]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great question!
Can only speak for myself. I find reading end of the world scenerios interesting, but I don't worry about it. I have my own end of the world prediction here, but I only shared it because it was a set of dreams, and could very well just be dreams and it holds peoples interest so I added what I could to the pile of info thats all over. In the end, if it happens, it happens, I'm not holding my breath and I'm not making plans around it. Like digging a bunker etc...LOL Although I would love to have one just to say I had one.
I have always had an interest in global prediction and prophecy. Why does a person like sci-fi? Same thing. its just something that grabs the imagination and makes you think, although it tends to be a little more morbid. As for death, I'm not the least bit worried about it. I dont want to end prematurely though, some day we all will die, its a natural thing. My only hope is that when I die, its painless. I think this could be also a part of the key as to why people look to these things, it gives them not only something to think about with thier own mortality, but also makes them question immortality, if someone can predict the future, in many minds, that also hints at an afterlife of some kind. At least thats what I am getting at the moment as I am typing. I don't know if that makes sense, this gives a person a way to examine what they believe to be true and question thier own internal way of how things are.
Am I making any sense here at all? LOL
I think I am lost in my own madness again....

We should live every day as if it is our last, I agree.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm not worried. I'm looking foward lol...

But I don't understand how you associate lack of respect toward other human being and being worried about when we'll die...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

But l don`t understand how you associate lack of respect toward other human being and being worried when we`ll die

it was a link l was concidering that most of the posts cocerning religion and aliens,afterlife etc are possibly a way for us to cope with death before we have to.A friend once told me that he was not religious and didn`t believe in god until a person very close was about to die, that he started to pray to god and found comfort within himself.The subject of religion has coursed so much suffering in the world that this is where l believe there is a link.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Religion when abused does indeed cause lots of suffering.
Mankind has a habit of abusing almost everything.
Ultimatly though, its not the religion that does it, its the person who does it. Much like a gun. Guns dont kill people, people kill people, but a gun is a handy thing none the less. Used properly, it can feed you and keep you safe.

Wierdo, you are causing me to have Deja Vu!! No kidding you are. ODD.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
darkblade71.

Spooky.Got that feeling to.some of the threads you`ve written made alot of sense and conected to me, just you word them a lot better than l could.

dz

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Religion as a belief is great. Religion as a faith is not.

When you have this belief that you should be good to your fellow man and treat everyone well, than that is well. But when you believe it so much that you believe that anyone else that doesn't follow your religion is wrong, than that is not well.

Thats why I don't practice any set religion. Not because I dont think there's someone higher out there. Honestly, I really believe there is someone out there. The human body is way to complicated to just evolve. But I believe that you just need to lead a good life, and a good afterlife shall follow. I think that is infinitely more effective than going to church every sunday and thinking every other part of the world is wrong in their beliefs.

As far as dieing, people fear what they don't understand. Some of us just learn to accept it more. As much as you all can say you don't fear dieing, you know that inside you have little worries. I am the same way. I like to think I'm not scared of dieing, but when I think about it, how do I know I really will be ok when my body's done?

I don't really see dieing as something bad though. To me, it's just another stage of life.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
LOL

ROCK ON!!!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz
As much as you all can say you don't fear dieing, you know that inside you have little worries.

Truth for certain.Which is why I always dig deeper.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I used to be very afraid of death until last year I had a near-death experience. I was sure I was going to die, and suddenly I got calm and then very curious--I thought, "well won't this be an interesting trip?" I was almost sorry to be revived. After that, I am really not scared of death, only the pain of dying. The actual event of death is a doorway into the ultimate journey, and not to be scared of. I believe that the status quo, especially the media and mainstream religion, uses the fear of death as a means of controlling the masses. If more people in this world were empowered by the truth of death & our immortal souls, this would be a very different world.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If more people in this world were empowered by the truth of death & our immortal souls,this would be a very differant world.

Thats one of the best comments on this subject l have read for a long time.

If only a religion excisted that could be proved to everybody on Earth.In simple plain terms.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
just being spiritually aware works for me. I am all religions and no religions, I see truth in all of them, and faults in all of them, and pick and choose what feels right and works for me, and I am very happy with that even if people try to tell me I am wrong. It allows me to explore a lot of things that many people wouldnt because they feel bound to religion and are afraid. I worked for a medium for 2 years and got to learn a hell of a lot during that time, and I wouldnt of gotten it any other way.
Religion had not a darn thing to do with it, or I wouldnt of even been interested....spiritual awareness rocks!
If its not your thing, then thats ok too, some people need religion,they need to feel like they belong and need to feel the need for rules and orginization, I don't feel the need for it.
I've experienced enough in my life to know for myself that its ok to be yourself no matter what anyone else thinks or tells you how you gotta be. In the end when we die, its all good.
People that don't feel a need to be spiritually aware are fine too, but they miss out on an aspect of it all while living that adds a lot of interesting things.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

If more people in this world were empowered by the truth of death & our immortal souls,this would be a very differant world.

Thats one of the best comments on this subject l have read for a long time.

If only a religion excisted that could be proved to everybody on Earth.In simple plain terms.

actually buddism takes some step toward that. they teach that death is just another part of life, like sleeping and eating. it's not something to be fear and scared off.

i don't really worry about death but the pain that come with it. that's why i prefer to get shot in the head or get taken out by a few pounds of explosive, something that won't give me pain. i figure why worry about death? you can die anytime, i might die by spill some water on the floor, trip, hit my head and die. i just try to live my each day the best way i can, because the truth is that you live and you die. simple as that

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, basically, I worry about death because I fear the unknown. Most others fear the unknown just as I do...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Find all this covered at onealclan0.tripod.com...

and onealclan0.tripod.com...

Both are pages at an unusual website concerning science, End of Days and The Bible Code among other topics.

top topics

join