It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Survivor fans here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, I know...everyone's just too good for Survivor...it's trash tv...etc.

But hey, sometimes you have to have some candy instead of steak, you know?

This season is a real treat...

There's a millionaire on it, and he is one evil bastard, hehe....(which makes for great television).

And you don't even feel bad for the folks, because they are all so cocky and stupid before they get maneuvered off the show...

Going into the merge 4-8 members, and you still have your original 4 after 3 votes? Priceless!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Bah...somebody's watchin' it, you're all just too chicken to admit it, hehe....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is survivor still on?

Seriously, I had no idea.

I watched the very first season but have not watched it since. I just assumed it was canceled by now...

The season I did watch, I loved it... But just never got around to watching it again. Hmm.. I may just have to check it out.... Though I probably wont

[edit on 14-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'll admit, the past few seasons have only had a couple of folks worth watching, but this season, the "villain" of the show is extremely entertaining.

If nothing else, the show really does offer up some excellent life lessons about relationships, trust, and ruthlessness

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If nothing else, the show really does offer up some excellent life lessons about relationships, trust, and ruthlessness

Yeah that is how I remember the first season. I may just have to check it out... So we are pretty far into the season now huh?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yep, pretty close to the end...

The guy Russell (evil genius) I mentioned, he found the hidden immunity idol EVERY time, and with zero clues, hehe... (he simply reasoned it out....they always hide the idol close to camp, and near some kind of odd landmark, so he simply checked them all out, and eventually kept finding them). Gave him a lot of power in the game.

He also orchestrated some of the best blindsides in Survivor history... He makes Hatch look like an amateur, hehe....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Can't believe they got rid of Shambo....

If it's ANYONE you want sitting next to you for the Jury vote, it's her....as there is no way in hell they'd give her the million....

Dumb, dumb, dumb....should have gotten rid of Mick...

And worse, Shambo doesn't seem to realize still, that she got played!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ughhh....I hate it when coattail riders win, just because the jury doesn't want to give it to someone who actually played the game well....sigh....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm a dedicated Survivor Fan here in SA. I know what you're talking about hasn't even shown yet.. so thanks for the spoilers.. I've watched since the start. The latest 1 that just concluded on the TV was Survivor Fans Vs Favorites.
James is a Legend. Poverty..*something like that* won it.. Her back stabbing ways proved fruitful..

I see the next 1 is in Gabon Africa.. Can't wait =)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

Sorry about spoilers, but these are past seasons (and you have to expect that if you check out discussion topics of a tv show, and you haven't seen the current episodes, you're going to see spoilers)...

The current season is in Nicaragua, but it's a rather lackluster cast this year....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No its no problem about the Spoilers. In fact i search on youtube for the winner of the new season. This makes it more interesting as you know who wins. and thus you are able to witness how they come to Winning the competition. This gives you the chance to focus more on them. I swear i would go mad not knowing how the game would turn out and who would win in the end.

I enjoy this method of watching survivor.
Try it next Season.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

Interesting idea... I like the suspense though...

With the exception of Yow-Man, Thailand was probably the worst cast ever (even Jeff Probst has said it), but this season is even more lackluster...in my opinion. There's nobody you really want to like, or hate....

Maybe the girl with the artificial leg, but as they don't focus much on her, she may not be going much further (plus she's on the outside of the dominant alliance in her tribe)....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Its so funny the way we've come to expect true characters in their own mind.We were gifted to witness memorable members throughout the seasons. many people grew fond of certain people. The kind of people that one never forgets. Like Yau Man-James-Rupert-Jonnyfairplay etc. These characters having set such a high standard for future survivors its no surprise there is anything to look forward to in the following Seasons. Thanks for the heads up. I'll go on watching it. But at least i know whats expected.

By the way. Seeing as you are a fan of reality series's you probably also enjoy The Amazing Race? I just watched the episode and boy was it interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I never got into Race actually...although I have seen a few episodes...and I think you hit on why. With Survivor, we're not cutting back and forth between many contestants, we're going back and forth between two tribes, with a lot of interaction between them (and thus chances for the characters to become known to us, the viewer). You don't get that with Amazing Race.

So far, the emerging characters this season simply put themselves out there too much, and get voted off before we get our fill of them. Personally, I still think Russell is probably the best Survivor contestant to play the game...even though he didn't win.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I never got into Race actually...although I have seen a few episodes...and I think you hit on why. With Survivor, we're not cutting back and forth between many contestants, we're going back and forth between two tribes, with a lot of interaction between them (and thus chances for the characters to become known to us, the viewer). You don't get that with Amazing Race.

Seems its just me and you here.. Oh well. so be it

About the relationship point you raised with the comparison between Survivor and the Amazing Race.
I feel you were right But in doing so you corrected yourself.The relationships in Survivor are between tribe members yes. But they have no relation to the people in the tribe. One of they key aspects in Survivor is to trick and deceive your way to the top.To win the prize money of course. Their relationships with some members can be effected by the Money Concept..this in turn does not show their true character.On more then one occasion you have seen at the end of the game at the Survivor Reunion show then only do they speak the truth.And only then do we get to see who they really are.

In Amazing Race however.The group chosen to work together have some Bond between the two. Be it long time friends,lovers,husband and wife, or even the maternal bond of mother and son. Or even sister and brother. I feel with these matches. You REALLY get to see the persons true character in the show.Under pressure is normally where you see their true colours.

So when it comes to the relationship part of the shows. I chose The Amazing Race as the real representation of the peoples personality and attitude.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

I guess that's true to a certain extent. However, it's not always cutthroat in Survivor. After all, there are at least two married Survivor couples, where both contestants were former competitors (Rob and Amber, and Ethan and Jenna).

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DoGBiTe

I still say they had an idiot contest, and chose the winners to be this year's contestants...

1. You feel you are in danger, have an immunity idol, and don't USE it? Idiot. Instead, he took his chances with a tie, and came damn close to going home. This "chess master" could have tried to get others to vote him out (to flush out the idol, then used it, with his and his ally's vote basically "choosing" who to send home (which should have been Brenda, if he had any brains).

2. You try to set up the weak guy to go home, mentioning that he even wanted to quit, and that he certainly doesn't need the money (he has a Ferrari for godsakes!), and then you mention how big of a threat you'll be in a merge? Dumb, dumb, dumb....that was my first thought when Eva said it! (and the other tribe members' too)....

Brenda is the only one playing this game intelligently at this point, but she's such a b**** that it's hard to like her. At least Russell was kind of a lovable bastard...

top topics

join