I have been observing some of the bickering between the Dems and the Republicans lately and I have to say I truly feel sorry for those who haven't
taken the broader perspective of what's occurring in US politics.
Specifically, I was reading This OP
and had a series of thoughts I'd like to share
with you all.
First, let's examine what the chain of events appears to be.
1. Racially mixed, Democrat President is elected based on a pretty awesome campaign and an incredible lack of mainstream competition.
2. New President begins making some of the changes he promised, but gets a slow start and (IMO) doesn't put enough emphasis on ending the wars.
3. New President becomes the target of Rightwing(and some Leftwing) criticism based on his performance.
4. President has been the target of racism, as a result of his racial background and the fact that Americans are racially obsessed.
5. In media, Republican ideas are typically associated with redneck and Southern, White culture, which has a history of and reputation for racial
Therefore, I postulate that this redneck image which is associated(whether justifiably or not) with Republicans and Rightwing politics is being used
by Leftwing COINTELPRO-esque programs in an effort to discredit The Right as a bunch of racist bigots. (prime example is the "Obama Bucks" cited in
the thread I linked above)
I also postulate that a Rightwing COINTELPRO element is at work on the Left. Saying legitimate criticism is racially motivated, in an attempt to make
the democrats as a whole look like "The Boy Who Cried Racism".
Thus I further postulate that there is a greater force at work, manipulating both sides of the American political arena in order to confuse and
torture the American Psyche with the aim of making The People reject their political responsibility.