It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Some of the Idiocy and Racial Bigotry Perpetrated by the "Repubs" Actually "Leftwing" COINTEL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have been observing some of the bickering between the Dems and the Republicans lately and I have to say I truly feel sorry for those who haven't taken the broader perspective of what's occurring in US politics.

Specifically, I was reading This OP and had a series of thoughts I'd like to share with you all.

First, let's examine what the chain of events appears to be.

1. Racially mixed, Democrat President is elected based on a pretty awesome campaign and an incredible lack of mainstream competition.

2. New President begins making some of the changes he promised, but gets a slow start and (IMO) doesn't put enough emphasis on ending the wars.

3. New President becomes the target of Rightwing(and some Leftwing) criticism based on his performance.

4. President has been the target of racism, as a result of his racial background and the fact that Americans are racially obsessed.

5. In media, Republican ideas are typically associated with redneck and Southern, White culture, which has a history of and reputation for racial bigotry.

Therefore, I postulate that this redneck image which is associated(whether justifiably or not) with Republicans and Rightwing politics is being used by Leftwing COINTELPRO-esque programs in an effort to discredit The Right as a bunch of racist bigots. (prime example is the "Obama Bucks" cited in the thread I linked above)

I also postulate that a Rightwing COINTELPRO element is at work on the Left. Saying legitimate criticism is racially motivated, in an attempt to make the democrats as a whole look like "The Boy Who Cried Racism".

Thus I further postulate that there is a greater force at work, manipulating both sides of the American political arena in order to confuse and torture the American Psyche with the aim of making The People reject their political responsibility.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You bring up some good points and I agree with the overall consensus of the thread. Without the bad guys(republicans), the good guys(democrats) couldn't come and rescue all of the oppressed. Everyone in our government has a role to play in keeping control of the masses. This argument certainly goes both ways but I think the people are getting tired off the same old partisan politics, and will soon take steps to reaffirm the governments priorities. The sad part is this whole thing comes down to choosing the devil you know, or the devil you don't know in regards to electing our public officials. I feel the republicans are trying to hold up climate adjustment policies and the civil re-engineering as the democrats way of sinking in full control of the parameters of our lives, just as the democrats create a false blanket of protection in regards to the evil pro slavery republicans. The proxy wars exist far and wide in this current political atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You can be absolutely SURE that this goes on from both sides-that there are paid 'incitors' working against what they claim to be for. Heck, the gov't did it in the 60's with protesters, placing extremists at rallies to get press coverage on their 'despicable' actions.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm of the mind set that they are all on the same boat working together to fool the public.

top topics

join