It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has changed, in a bad way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Remember the good days of john titor? If you did then you know to make a good thread you need something called evidence to back up your claims.

now it seems things have changed alot. ats members will believe anything you tell them even if you have no evidence at all to support your claim. thats really disturbing for me because i look for evidence before i believe anything.

what really bugs me is the trolls who come here and claim to be aliens or alien human hybrids. i hope you guys know your making a bad name for yourself and for ats. whats even worse is lots of ats members actually believe these trolls, even though they have no evidence to back up their claims.

so i dont know whats worse, the person who made the thread or the sad saps who believe them. please everyone look for evidence before you blindly believe whatever your told, im specifically talking about THIS thread and THIS thread.

I dont understand why mods allow this. It just boggles the mind. Help make ats a better place, dont feed the trolls.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Can we have a section dedicated entirely to people whining about how ATS has changed? At least then people like me would be able to avoid seeing a thread like this written every other day.

Your displeasure with ATS is not a General Conspiracy. If you want to express your opinion go to BTS where people might actually care.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mods allow it because of freedom of speech. I tolerate it (most of the time) because this is the only web site where I can find like-minded people willing to engage in intelligent conversation about topics that mainstream society ridicules, dismisses and discredits solely because its an exotic topic. I refuse to allow a few bad apples ruin something I get a lot of intellectual mileage from.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Mods allow it because of freedom of speech. I tolerate it (most of the time) because this is the only web site where I can find like-minded people willing to engage in intelligent conversation about topics that mainstream society ridicules, dismisses and discredits solely because its an exotic topic. I refuse to allow a few bad apples ruin something I get a lot of intellectual mileage from.

Ditto. Its like anything else.
Sift through the BS, find what you want.

Those threads are very silly though.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Im new to join but have been reading for years and the threads have gone from totally cool ideas with real evidence to people quoting random bible qoutes sometimes that are totally fabricated. almost preaching there ideology rather then true research

When i see proof positive of something like planet x as a thread as much as i want to beleive my mind goes yeah surrre it is and i used to love prediction threads now people are just picking end dates out of thin air. AT least 2012 has some history to back it.

maybe if the serious ATS participents have kind of a silent protest and dont add fuel to the crackpots fire, we can get back to really finding the hidden truths and real conspiracys.
There are plenty of genuine conspiracy theorys , do we really need the hollywood dramatists?.

ATS is my favorite site and i always look forward to the daily new threads just seems to be drifting more towards people self for filling there own fantasy rather then getting to the hidden truths and the real conspiracys that burden our world.

but i aint leavin the site too much fun!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well it's been said already...I will back it up...why don't you just ignore what you don't like?

Like for me...I think 2012 is absolute BS with some sort of fake set of numbers as 'proof'

So ya know what I do? leave it be

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I dont understand why mods allow this. It just boggles the mind. Help make ats a better place, dont feed the trolls.

We "allow" it because our role is not to enforce the academic validity of posts, but to ensure members adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the site as much as possible.

Even with evidence, one man's proof is another man's garbage, so our role isn't as thought police, but more to just ensure everyone plays with civility (or some semblance thereof)....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I've said it a million time and I'll say it again ...

Mods/staff need to THREAD more!

Some of the best members this site has ever had eventually get modded and as a result have less time to contribute as members. It's understandable but it is also unfortunate.

Gaz, I can't tell you how many times I have read your Roswell threads and directed peeps from all over the net to them ... we NEED more of that from you guys! We need you to come down and mix it up more with us.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Get use to it. I have found the "Deny Ignorance" title that use to mean something when this site first began is just a joke now.

There are so many posts on here now that are so far from reality I just read them and laugh.

And most of the children that have invaded this forum believe the crap.

It is nothing more than a social network like Myspace, Facebook and all those other BS sites.

I always wish the owners and mods would return it to is original intent but we all know that won't happen because greenbacks talk and with the number of children coming here and the hits they are generating the advertising dollars must be really rolling in.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Gaz, I can't tell you how many times I have read your Roswell threads and directed peeps from all over the net to them ... we NEED more of that from you guys! We need you to come down and mix it up more with us.

Thanks, and touche'! It's a busy time of year for me, but I'm actually working on a thread like my older stuff... Unfortunately, had to recreate a bit of it from piecing things together after the job/jobless/new job transition....

Of course, the members should feel free to do so likewise!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Hello SuperSlovak, I'm mainly an ATS member, except my username is different here, due to complications. Anyway, in a way I agree with you, but in another way, I can't. I agree that there are some weird people around telling us tthat they're aliens and whatnot, I always get a bit annoyed, but I laugh more that I cry where they're concerned. I don't know about people actually believing them, it may just be a case of appeasing them.
I couldn't get any proof for my first thread, to be honest I don't know if I ever will, but I'm always trying and will do for a very long time, but it's not always as easy as that. Still, I think proof would be nice once in a while, but, I'm not being rude (and if I am, I apologise) but if you don't like it here, why are you here? And, if you're so annoyed about it, you should always provide proof with your threads to set a good example. I don't see any links on here from you backing up your argument either.

Rama D. Filofax on providing the information needed in an argument

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Don't get mixed up with the "proof" label... It's all really just "evidence" one way or another... Sometimes, the evidence can just be others who've pointed out the same thing, i.e. a way to say, hey, I'm not the only one who is thinking this....

Now good vs. bad evidence....well, that's where debate comes in....but if you have no evidence whatsoever, it makes it pretty difficult to argue...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

we NEED more of that from you guys! We need you to come down and mix it up more with us.

Keep an eye out over the next few days, for a post titled "The Illustrated History of MJ-12"...

I should get it up soon...already an 11 pg Word doc, and still have more to add.

EDIT: It's up:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Gazrok]

top topics

join