It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the battle field would you rather have women or men fighting next to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
On an offensive mission - male.

On a purely defensive mission - female.

Female german shepherds are the preferred Air Force guard dog.

Females are awesome in defense of their young, their bosses (can't get past that secretary?), and their charges in general.

Perhaps one day, a "team will include women soldiers to defend the backs of her fellow soldiers.

Offensively though? Without provocation ... it's just not in the 'normal' genes.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Xtrozero

Explanation: That would totally depend on how you use it!

RE: "Does testosterone cloud judgement?"

Personal Disclosure: Me thinks adrenalin misuse would be a more direct cause of myopia when making judgements with lethal consequences in a fog of war sitX! Do you agree?

Edited to add quote to disambiguate myself. Soz me a
:shk:

[edit on 8-12-2009 by OmegaLogos]

Does adrenalin cause myopia? It does make it hard to kill someone at 1000 yards, so most "experts" don't get adrenalin rushes.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think I agree with no mixed sex infantries.

The israelis have the right idea in my book.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Explanation: Thanks for concuring!
St*r for you!

But I disagree that it only is a problem when killing at a range of 1000 yards! Its a problem at all ranges but more so in close combat!

Personal Disclosure: And that is why I prefer brutal close combat with my bare teeth and claws whilst strapped to a nuke on a dead mans trigger! And with GOD watching over me I would have absolutely no fear at all!

P.S. Vengence is a dish best served cold [hearted]! It should be a case of "I've ALREADY WON! I'm just convincing the enemy that this is so!"

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalBreakfast

The psychological impact of seeing a woman get shot on the battlefield is much more severe than seeing a man. If a woman gets shot, it is much more difficult for her fellow soldiers to block it out and continue to fight.

I served in the US Marine Corps and I know plenty of women that could fight and shoot better than most men but I would still prefer to fight with a man by my side because it is easier to focus on the mission.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Neither, thanks ^^

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Scottish Women, they have to be the most aggressive people on the planet, i was married to one, and i know loads of them, they make the men look like mice, :0) I believe they were also depicted in the movie King Arthur, because of their reputation.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Really, really hot women only! On both sides! and no guns or bombs. We all gotta oil wrestle! Yeh! And if there's a draw the leaders of each Country have to throw down in the oil pit. Winner take all!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Men. We need drones to spend in battle while women remain in safety so as to protect those capable of raising children...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
//edit: Doublepost!

[edit on 9/12/09 by thricearound]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842
Scottish Women, they have to be the most aggressive people on the planet, i was married to one, and i know loads of them, they make the men look like mice, :0) I believe they were also depicted in the movie King Arthur, because of their reputation.

Neo - come on - what kind of generalising, ignorant stereotype is that? You can do better than that, surely? I'm Scottish, and that's not true at all. The men are just as bad as the women......!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join