It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the battle field would you rather have women or men fighting next to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I know women need to hear that they are equal to men but you know what.. i hate to break it to you. men and women are different! im not saying a women cant be strong or a good soldier but i can see why having a women next to you in combat could really f- up the job. I think as men we have something inside us that makes us want to protect women, on the battle field that could really impair a soldiers ability to think with reason about the job and could force him to make irrational mistakes trying to protect a female soldier. i mean im kinda talking out of my backside because im not a soldier but i can imagine how i would feel seeing a woman killed in action or hurt as opposed to a fellow male soldier. i dont know any soldiers out there have a take on the topic. what would you choose?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i will say, that the reason women are allowed to fight, is not to promote equality, but just because it's another pool of soldiers to fight for rich people's money and tell them they're heroes because it's for "their country".

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Whichever one was the better shot.

Or whichever one had a bigger profile to hide my ass behind.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I worked with the Military for two years and have met a lot of capable women service people however I do not think their place is on the battle field. Emotions run high and men by their very DNA coding feel the need to protect women. The can make fantastic support staff, senior officers etc but do not belong in the infantry.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I know it will sound offensive but they are a huge distraction. When you're out for defend or fighting, you should not be thinking about sex!

Again not that women are not capable I have met a few bad-ass female Swedes.

Then again I would prefer not in any military because if you ever had to go up against women, you would not be able to shoot them!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalBreakfast

I would want a skilled soldier, I don't care if the're man, woman, blue green, purple whatever. I really can't say which gender I would prefer.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The one that does their job well.... Now can most females carry a 80 pound pack all day or drag my ass if I get hit...most likely not, so you will have a much smaller pool of females who are truly effective, but they are out there. This also means that there are men in the same boat as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I see a vision something like Starship Troopers. Just a total field of bugs and men and women shooting. And kids too. Kids are good at video games. Just all out total shooting slaughterfest for all ages. If you can hold a weapon, you can participate.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
women are held to lesser standards in training.

which is bull#.

woman want to be equal but now they suddenly wanna catch a break on some things.

if the woman were held to the same standards as men, it wouldnt matter. but because in essence woman arent the best trained troops i would prefer men on the front.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
women are held to lesser standards in training.

which is bull#.

woman want to be equal but now they suddenly wanna catch a break on some things.

if the woman were held to the same standards as men, it wouldnt matter. but because in essence woman arent the best trained troops i would prefer men on the front.

Isn't it proven that in most scenarios men have more physical strength then women which could justify this treatment

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Being a vet, and female, I would say whomever is capable of performing said duties, is who I'd want next to me. I have witnessed first hand, persons of both sexes that should not be in the military period... so gender, in my opinion, doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shake

Isn't it proven that in most scenarios men have more physical strength then women which could justify this treatment

yes it is proven. which is why they are held to lower standards.

but on the battlefield you want the best of the best. so i would hold everyone to the same standards.

with these standards we have less capable soldiers which is a very big problem in a fight for your life.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla

yes it is proven. which is why they are held to lower standards.

but on the battlefield you want the best of the best. so i would hold everyone to the same standards.

with these standards we have less capable soldiers which is a very big problem in a fight for your life.

but you could say the same to mental testing which would have different outcomes to situations based on gender where females wouldnt have as much testosterone clouding their judgement.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Explanation: Seriously I wouldn't want anybody around me at all when I'm killing the enemy as I hate having to consider collateral damage and due to the way I fight everybody and everything within a 100mile radius of my immediate person would be in the deepest mortal danger! This includes me, but I'm suicidal for a valid cause and I'm a MONSTER not a human when I fight with no holds barred!

Personal Disclosure: The only entity I would require to back me up is GOD!

P.S. Don't worry about the dead and dying till AFTER the last enemy has gasped their last mortal breath! To operate effectively upon the battlefield you must already consider yourself to be dead already and this free's you up to be fearless and to do your job which is to Crush your enemies and drive them before you before listening to the lamentations of their women and children, who, I of course would then kill mercilessly!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Women! I know that when instructing boxing classes the ratio of women to men is much higher & the women definately are more agressive! I'm just glad we don't have guns in boxing, or mini Rambo-ettes would be unleashed!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Ya good point Xtrozero their are some big guys that have to be carried off the field. Sometimes heart isnt enough, you need someone to be able to physically do the job. Men and women have worth period but that doesnt make us equal

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

but you could say the same to mental testing which would have different outcomes to situations based on gender where females wouldnt have as much testosterone clouding their judgement.

in a situation where im an inch away from dieing i would rather have the testosterone. making me more hostile and more primal in my actions. i would shoot to kill not wound. and take no prisoners.

woman will not have this advantage

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Does testosterone cloud judgement?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalBreakfast

Ya good point Xtrozero their are some big guys that have to be carried off the field. Sometimes heart isnt enough, you need someone to be able to physically do the job. Men and women have worth period but that doesnt make us equal

So I guess it all depends on the job. Women make great fighter pilots for the have quick reactions and can stand G force extremely well. If the job was sniper I want the one with the best shot...who cares on the gender. If it is door to door search with the possibilities of extreme physical hardships I want another big strong guy next to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Explanation: That would totally depend on how you use it!

RE: "Does testosterone cloud judgement?"

Personal Disclosure: Me thinks adrenalin misuse would be a more direct cause of myopia when making judgements with lethal consequences in a fog of war sitX! Do you agree?

Edited to add quote to disambiguate myself. Soz me a
:shk:

[edit on 8-12-2009 by OmegaLogos]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join