It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: Breaking Point 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hi Guys,
This is my latest email preview from Trends Research titled: Breaking Point 2010, for you to read,

KINGSTON, NY, 7 December 2009 — The first decade of the 21st century is going out the same way it came in … with a bust and a bang.
• The dot-com bubble burst in 2000, and the Bailout Bubble will bust in 2010.
• 9/11 terror ushered America into the decade, and terror will strike again before the decade ends.
• The decade long wars waged by US and NAT0 against Afghanistan and Iraq are leading the world to the first Great War of the 21st Century.
• The 20th century belonged to America, in 2010 Empire America will be breaking apart. The signs are there for all to see.
World leaders and most economists see a very different future unfolding. They insist the financial crisis is over and recovery is on the way.

On the military front, America’s new Commander in Chief, Congress and the generals promised their war strategy will bring victory abroad and keep the homeland terror free.

Fed a steady diet of junk news du jour by the Cartoon News Networks, the general public remains largely oblivious or at best, grossly misinformed. As 2009 ends, the misadventures of Tiger Woods and the White House party crashers top the media menu.

Increased terror, escalating wars, economic calamity … these are just a few of the 2010 Top Trends featured and analyzed at length in our Winter Trends Journal that you will receive by early January.

In the meantime, to keep you alert, focused, and above all, prepared, within two weeks we will send you an overview of our 2010 Trend forecasts. It is important to have plans and strategies in place for the holidays, a time when so many are caught up in the spirit and paying little attention to the headlines.

Our high alert is not alarmism. Last year, just two days after Christmas, with most people in a holiday state of mind, Israel launched a major war against the Palestinians. There were a number of factors that could have led either to an instant economic meltdown or an escalation of the war beyond the Palestinian borders. Click here.

The worst was averted. Had it happened, only those who’d taken proactive measures at the first signs of major hostilities would have gone through the crisis unscathed. The trend lesson? War, terror and calamity are not set to time clocks. Anything can happen, anywhere, at anytime. Prepare for the unexpected. It is the close-combat state of mind.

In addition to the ominous forecasts, we also foresee a variety of social, health, environmental, entertainment, cultural, business and consumer trends that will be both profitable and transformational.

Publisher’s Note: If you have friends, family or acquaintances who still cling to “hope” and hope for “change”, you may consider giving them a holiday gift of hard facts, penetrating analyses and prescient forecasts … a subscription to the Trends Journal.

Regards,

Gerald Celente

[edit on 7/12/2009 by wycky]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Another thing to wonder: in 2010, will emo go out of style?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hmmm..2010, let's see EPA announcement, climategate, afghanistan troop pullout, reinvestment of $200 billion dollars by POTUS, and the whackjob from Iran spouting off more craziness, oh yeah, as well as the possible division of Jerusalem by the EU, maybe Gerald's on to something here, whaddya think

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We will see what happens. He was off on some of his predictions this year. Things are holding out better than he expected originally.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

To be perfectly honest anyone with a general grip on what is happening around the world could of wrote all that down and done their own forcasts but i applaud him for putting it up here on ATS and putting himself out there i wholehearted agree with everything he said

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

I hear ya, and it's all good, most of us are in "wait and see' mode anyway, for common sense has taken a vacation, and intelligence has been replaced with god knows what, to predict anything these days, you've either got to be a little crazy, or lucky, or smart as all get out... as far as Gerald, I believe the latter, and pray i'm not proven wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i think if they do anything big it will be begining of winter or fall. more time for people to rely on the system and not grow food in the dead of winter, people are more dependant. if they dont do anything major soon, i think they will have to wait till next fall or winter.

i had thought they might this fall or winter but they are running out of time. in about 2 to 3 months food will start growing and temps will be up in the south. they need the dead of winter.

if they delay another year thats fine with me. i might be able to get on down to panama or someplace like i have been planning.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Another thing to wonder: in 2010, will emo go out of style?

If anything comes out of 2010 I sincerely hope that it is this sir
ha

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sounds like more of the same with hints of terror, catastrophic occurances and panic in the world.

Makes me wish planet X was nearby.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not a very good news. Looks like i need to stock up foods supplies, medicines and dog's ears cleaner.

I hope this prediction would be wrong. We have so much to live for...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So, does gerald celente have a month in mind, for 2010? I remember a thread here, months ago, he preicted someting bad for november...well november came, and if antying thier was a day, he was dead on for sure, 27th i belive, the stocks tumbled alot..but they shot back up next day..he was saying this i it bascially fols! well tings balanced off....unless he was right, and some mircale of corruption in wall street, FED and white house stopped it* MY point is..gereald seems to have acurate prediction dates, but makes it sound way worse than what it really is...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Personally I like the work Gerald Celente does, I certainly think we are on course for internal distrubances in all Western nations...

But mainly from the unique combination of en masse under employment, mixed with the expected level of taxation/service cuts we face to repay the bail outs, the prospect of poor Christmas and more redundancies/wage cuts in the new year, increased charges from businesses as the try to recoup what they feel they have lost, and now we have the potential of new climate change charges, all of which in my opinion reduces the chances of this turing into a job based recovery..

That to me is the perfect storm that will hit next year, as the combination of problems starts to filter down to the general public, an increase in tax here, a reduction in services, will the true cost of this collapse be felt.. all these things take time, just as it takes time for the general public to get weary..

So when people realise this not going to be a job based recovery, their hopes will be smashed, they will have no option but to take their heads out of the sand and realise the mess we are in.

For me it is only at that point they will react as they always have done to losing what they have worked hard for, and it won't be pretty.

Western Governments have in my opinion, only 2 ways to stop that, one is to create a global conflict to keep everyone pre-occupied, and the other is to create a job based recovery with new and inovative technology.

I wish i didn't feel this way, but its looking more and more by the day to be a toss up between global conflict and rebellion.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
His predictions with dates were ``wrong`` mostly on economic issues because the governments have done things that were never done before..therefore almost impossible to predict that this whole scam of a system is still alive.

Who would have predicted that the feds would put tens of TRILLIONS in the markets to save them? Ect...

Anyway, sooner or later the system will collapse, they cannot print money forever.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You can skip just to his last line and see his intent.

Selling you something... Looks like his marketing works great on the masses.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
His predictions with dates were ``wrong`` mostly on economic issues because the governments have done things that were never done before..therefore almost impossible to predict that this whole scam of a system is still alive.

Who would have predicted that the feds would put tens of TRILLIONS in the markets to save them? Ect...

Anyway, sooner or later the system will collapse, they cannot print money forever.

Vitchilo:

If you outright criticize a man with a brilliant 30 year track record, I suggest you are doing so at your own peril.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Gerald Celente has been right enough times to prove his reliability. Sooner or later , he will be more right than anyone wants. As mentioned by another poster, anyone with a keen , watchfull eye on domestic and international happenings could come close to the same predictions, and be reasonably accurate.. But gerald has to do this for a living--big difference.

One curious related note. My elderly mother told me she thought there would be people revolting before long, as in riots, as disatisfaction with the way things are going is getting to critical mass. Strange thoughts for an elderly woman, but understandable as we discuss world issues all the time. But even an old person can see as a nation we are in big trouble, and as my mother lived through the great depression, she sees the signs of a great discontent, ending badly.

Like I said, the timing for these predictions is sometimes off, and varying degrees of correct predictions is a common issue, but one day, somebody is going to be dead accurate. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
many thanks to gerald celente for his wisdom,i would also like to mention ex banker mark cocking who speaks in a much easier way to understand and makes so much sence too like gerald but is rather hard to find videos of him
this video is the only show banned from edgemedia tv due to peer pressure maybe and that is surprising that controversial tv pulled the plug on this show which i`ve learned so much from

id=VideoPlayback video.google.com... style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I do like this guy, he makes a lot of sense, and I think very much as he does.

The thing with some parts of his forecasts being off, he does say that there are often other wildcard factors that can change timing.

It's not possible to map every aspect. For instance, none of us know the details of whatever black-ops projects are going on in relation to Iran and Israel. There are guaranteed to be some though.
All one can do is see the wider picture, and point out that there are some things that can change simply due to aspects that are not capable of being mapped.

In general, he has been correct.

In the UK we are already seeing the predicted shift in public attitudes toward media, morality, artistic merit and public worth. Most notable is the current attack on the X-factor!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A broken clock is right two times a day

2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

He'd been right more than two times before, though.

On a side note, you keep believin recovery is coming. So that would also make you correct two times a day, correct?

<<   2 >>

join