It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shafts under Pyramids at Giza may be a Water Pump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Very interesting information. In the book on Scribd your second link points to we find this:

PYRAMIDS – GENERATORS OF NEGATIVE IONS

"What was the function of pyramids? To produce thunder? No, it wasn’t. For thousands of years after having been built, pyramids have functioned and continue to function as generators
of negative ions. In order for pyramids to continuously ionize the surrounding air, they needed to be connected to a permanent source of negative ions. How was this done? Where are these
energy power lines which lead to the pyramids? The Giza Plateau hides an abundance of underground water. Huge underground rivers flowing around the pyramids are full of negative ions and by piezoelectric effect they transpond them to the pyramid, which then accumulates them and the surplus discharges on the top. All the great pyramids were built from stone with high content of crystal capable of binding electric charges from water when underground water mechanically presses against the crystal. If we expose the crystal to mechanical deformation, bound electric charges appear on its surface. This phenomenon is called piezoelectric effect. The crystal is the converter of mechanical into electric energy. Due to continuous charging and discharging off the pyramid electrically."

Perhaps it was not these natural underground water sources that they used but the water from this pump ! Food for thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Very true. And as speculated the Egyptian pyramids may not be functioning now due to underground cavern/tunnel collapses. So then what would happen if they could be repaired and 'reactivated'?

With the info in the second link it suggests that perhaps Egypt would look a little more like Bosnia. More vegetation, etc. So unless I am mistaken (which I may very well be) one of the functions of the pyramids was terraforming, in theory.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
What I'm going to write here probably has nothing what so ever to do with what you are all talking about but I thought I would throw it out here.

I was watching a show about Stonehenge and they were doing experiments with sound. It seems that if you beat drums the faster you beat them it caused a frequency that bounced off the stones and they found when it got to 10 Hertz it matched the Human brain Alphawaves which made people relax.

Maybe this was some kind of way they controlled their masses with sound waves that messed with Human alphawaves.

It seems Militaries are working on this technology with... "we the peoples."

Sound waves interfere with alphawaves of brain.

Sounded good to me. I found this browsing to back it up some.

Researchers have found that frequencies under seven hertz create a general feeling of relaxation and well being, known as the alpha state. The most beneficial frequency on earth is said to be the 6.8 hertz frequency. Interestingly, the Pyramid at Giza has a constant frequency of 6.8 hertz running through it. Although researchers have studied it, they don't know where it comes from or why in such an ancient structure. This points to the idea that the ancients knew the importance of frequencies and how to use them in order to provide an atmosphere for attaining a peaceful state of mind for entering higher states of consciousness and perception of spiritual reality......

www.stephen-knapp.com...

Also this on the book of thoth website

The singing pyramid

An ancient traveller across the desert would probably have picked up the sound from miles away. It was a deep bass note, booming out over the Nile Valley, perhaps accompanied by another, slightly higher note, the two of them forming an eerie, resonating chord.

As the sound grew louder and more persistent in his ears, the traveller would have been filled with awe and wonder. It would have seemed like the voice of the Great God, the Lord of the Universe himself, calling him to witness the miraculous fact that the sound was issuing from a vast stone edifice towering nearly 500 feet high above the ground.

There on the Giza plateau, in the land which is today known as Egypt, the Great Pyramid was sending out a musical message across the sands. Extraordinary as the idea might seem, it was singing

The miracle of the singing pyramid was made possible by two narrow shafts, just 8 inches wide, which were sunk into the north and south faces of the Pyramid and plunged downwards for distances of 235 feet and 174 feet to debouch into the so-called Kings Chamber 140 feet above the ground.

The singing pyramid

All the ideas on this thread seem to fit. I bet it serves most of those purposes.

I have that Christopher Dunn power plant book somewhere I read it a few years ago then recently found the RAM pump information [note RAM - aries RA] so it all ties in.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by De-ja-vu]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I would love to hear the sound made by the waterpump/soundmachine from the great pyramid.

What troubles me is that the great pyramid is the biggest, oldest, and most well-made of the pyramids. Shouldn't it be the youngest pyramid that is the biggest and most well-made? Going along the lines that they architects and builders would have learned from their mistakes get better over time, not worse.

The great pyramid is the only pyramid built with ventalation shafts and this waterpump/soundmachine. And it is the only pyramid that is unfinished or missing the top piece.

It is almost like the Eygptians found the great pyramid and built there city around it. They built the other pyramids trying to mimic or replicate the great pyramid.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

That exact same line of thought has crossed my mind so many times. It would make sense that the egyptians were trying to emulate the greatest structure on earth by building others around it. That would explain why other pyramids, like the bent for example, would be less than spectacular when compared to such a structure as the Great Pyramid.

Makes only too much sense my friend.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

That exact same line of thought has crossed my mind so many times...

hello,

The "lesser" pyramids may have been built later, a formof de-evolution may have had taken place. But one thing still doesn't make sense.

Why did they align the pyramids in the same way the stars in Orion are aligned? even their size correspond to that of each star in the belt, and two others further away from the three in giza might represent Rigel and Betelgeuse.

That is something we souldn't forget.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Cloro]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
it has to be done ! since there is no way to rebuild the pyramid in giza right now , because of hawas he wouldnt let anyone touch it !

we should attempt to make a scale model of sorts and find out exactly what it sounds like !

its far to interesting to have this knowledge of something so ancient and not even attempt to fix the real pyramid !

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloro

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

That exact same line of thought has crossed my mind so many times...

Why did they align the pyramids in the same way the stars in Orion are aligned? even their size correspond to that of each star in the belt, and two others further away from the three in giza might represent Rigel and Betelgeuse.
[edit on 9-12-2009 by Cloro]

I have thought about this. To me it's possible perhaps the vents are there to let the sonic waves out and guide them.. perhaps they are sending sonic waves into space. Early radio signals like.

And yes, I agree.. We should build a small scale model and experiment.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I have thought about this. To me it's possible perhaps the vents are there to let the sonic waves out and guide them.. perhaps they are sending sonic waves into space. Early radio signals like.

Pheonix this is an exciting thread. A big
for the heads up. good work.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ok, this thread is cool. A scale model sounds like the go. One problem tho, whats between the chambers inside and the outside walls? Is it well laid bricks or builders rubble? That would make a big difference. Also are there any of the outer casing stones left? Surely there must be one somewhere in egypt. They apparently used them for buildings in cairo. Where's the capstone. Thats like the key that starts the engine. It sounds like resonance plays a big role in all this. If it aint complete, it wont resonate, kinda like if yo shave a few mm of one prong of a tuning fork.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

What troubles me is that the great pyramid is the biggest, oldest, and most well-made of the pyramids. Shouldn't it be the youngest pyramid that is the biggest and most well-made? Going along the lines that they architects and builders would have learned from their mistakes get better over time, not worse?

The great pyramid of Cheops is not the oldest, according to mainstream scientists.

Pyramid of Djoser

Another Link

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Flag and stars here

Some type of energy generator, definately.

Modern scientists are in the dark ages, or, they have figured it out and put Hawass up as their front. He has got to be getting worn out dodging arrows.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The idea that the Great Pyramid was constructed as a 'water pump' is quite a few years old now. It hasn't gained any support in academic circles. It does get dragged, blinking into the daylight from time to time. On wacky websites where imagination is the only limit, it's kinda disappointing that the same ol' ideas seem to go around the same ol' tracks. The idea of a 6 million ton water pump with added *i!sonic features!i* is a fairly dumb one IMO.

The Pyramids show progression of design from the mastabas, through the Step Pyramid (Djhoser) and up to the Giza pyramids. The technology they used to build them also shows progression. We can follow that progression both forward and back in the timeline. Think of a bicycle. We can follow it's evolution from inventing the wheel to how advanced they are now. It's highly improbable we'd have motorbikes without going back at least to the boneshakers...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a907f5044993.jpg[/atsimg]

A big problem I have with the idea is the lack of any progression. There isn't any evidence of precursors. There isn't any reason to think that the Great Pyramid was constructed using any other method than was used for the other hundred+ pyramids in Egypt alone...a determined organization and a fair bit of sweat.

In terms of it being some freaky Marshall stack...unlikely! Egypt had neighbors, trading partners etc. They didn't live in a cultural vacuum surrounded by endless sand. Greece and Syria were trading partners. Somehow there's no account of this 'world-shattering,' noise in any records. Weapon?! The records of anyone at the time are pretty explicit...battles and wars were brutal and used the traditional swords, spears, knives, arrows etc.

So it's an interstellar communication device/ weapon/ waterpump/ oscillator created without precursors or subsequent development...or...it's...a...mysterious monument created by Egyptians using demonstrable techniques? Even a rusty Occam's Razor can work out the balance of probability there

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by platoman
Is it well laid bricks or builders rubble? That would make a big difference. Also are there any of the outer casing stones left? Surely there must be one somewhere in egypt. They apparently used them for buildings in cairo. Where's the capstone. Thats like the key that starts the engine. It sounds like resonance plays a big role in all this. If it aint complete, it wont resonate, kinda like if yo shave a few mm of one prong of a tuning fork.

Some of the GP is thought to have cavities that were filled with sand rather than blocks. A Japanese team did a gravimetric study and the findings indicated as much. It makes perfect sense from a labor point of view. Carrying sand would be quicker and easier. So far there hasn't been an attempt to find out for certain afaik.

Casing stone? If you Google, you can see pieces of casing stone at the foot of several pyramids including the GP. Early earthquakes caused much to crack and fall. Subsequently the Persians used a lot of it (ready-quarried!) to construct mosques in Cairo from the 10th Century iirc.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Like many, I often puzzeled over the pyramids, and frankly, the ram pump is the best idea so far. By historical accounts, and even the Bible, this area was a major source of food...melons, dates, fruits and greens of all sorts. Barring some major climate shift, irrigation would have been of the utmost importance to sustain the large population of a major regional and ancient world empire.
Using either water from the Nile or underground sources, water pumped out to reserve pools and down canals in every direction. Further, boats and barges have been found in nearby pools now buried by sand and time.
Notice also, the sides of the pyramid are slightly concaved inward to offset pressures from within. Also, if you take a drawing of a ram pump and overlay it over the pyramid, the shafts and chambers match up pretty well. The burnt chambers were used to create a vacumm by burning up the oxygen drawing up ever so slightly a massive stone( which now blocks the shaft)sucking in water until its weight overcomes the vaccum and then slides back down, creating pressure on the water and thus pushing it out...this in turn polishes the shaft from rythmically sliding back and forth, which the shaft is.
Like most engineers, the Egyptians probably saw no need to waste the energy used and released by the pump. Just like a car engine runs and also charges up a battery by way of an alternator, the extra King's chamber may well have housed batteries or some means of electrical production and distribution.
The pyramid/pump may well have been built by a previous civilization destroyed by some cataclysim. The survivors tried but could not reproduce the pyramid or its true use was lost altogether. Consider, people on a jet crash onto an island. They know of the jet and its use but can not rebuild or repair it. So they build a glider instead, similar, but much more primitive.
I'm not sure if this is correct, but it does satisfy my understanding of history and man.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You might want to take a look at my site:

www.gizawavemachine.com...

Unlike other suggestions it uses technology that would have been available to a seafaring civilization. I'm trying to find the time and resources to build a working model of the pump and see if a constant charge can be generated from a piezo crystal.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is all very interesting to me.

Call it what you may, but my mother had a OBE during her NDE that took her under the Sphinx. One thing she noted seeing below was a water way. I actually had a thread called 'Is there a river below the sphinx'. Im thinking my wording of 'river' was too much...and this could be more of a man made water way that she saw.

But she did see a boat on it? She was also told to not touch the water.

I know this is not science info I am bringing up...but still it may be of interests to some.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Call it what you may, but my mother had a OBE during her NDE that took her under the Sphinx.

An interesting post. The first question that comes to mind...does your mother have an interest in Cayce, Herschel etc?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

She had never heard of Cayce...and the other person you mentioned, I have no idea...she was pretty much a Christian minded woman that did not search things outside of the Christian thought.

Her experience is posted here at ATS...would you like to watch the videos we made...? I can u2u the links. Its interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Her experience is posted here at ATS...would you like to watch the videos we made...? I can u2u the links. Its interesting none the less.

Sure. Feel free, although only she can be sure what did or not occur. Also, her own certainty doesn't necessarily suggest that there is a 'river' or 'boat,' beneath the Sphinx

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join