It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a "Never Debunked forum"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There's one problem with it though that gives it to no chance of coming to fruition in my opinion. Who would do all that work and how would it be done?

It won't be as simple as someone from the team who's working on it saying, 'this thread has never been debunked'. You will get members who disagree, will get angry, and will refuel the thread and try to prove their point again.

It brings about the further problem of guidelines. What guidelines are going to be used to determine if a thread has never 'been debunked'? Surely it has to be a complete compliance by all members who have posted in the certain thread. That won't happen, ever.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That is what the boards are for already i believe. All claims and evidence in the thread are presented as true untill they are put in the hoax board. And even the stuff in the hoax board is still argued about as there are still people who believe that the california drones were real and that billy m was the real deal.
Sometimes what evidence is needed to put something in the hoax board is set WAY to high. In the recent Spain fishermen UFO thing the video was pretty much debunked by page 8 but it went on forever untill we got a video of the guys making it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think some sort of portfolio of rock solid conspiracy, and/or unassailable facts and data would be great. I'd love there to be a place where I could send people I'm trying to wake up, and say read that bunch of threads and these ones for up to date analysis. A 'this is the state of play' manual if you like. I've never ventured into ATS media, podcasts etc perhaps, perhaps someone there has sourced a suite of docus and already done the work

But as has been said the implementation of this could be burdensome and full of dissenting voices.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
There's one problem with it though that gives it to no chance of coming to fruition in my opinion. Who would do all that work and how would it be done?

Good point. We need ridged criteria to be met that's a given.. but I have an idea that may work.

We let the members do the work!

We have button associated with each post like the Flags.. If the post mets all the criteria and no one has debunked the item after a reasonable discussion has been established, then the thread may be submitted for submission.

After that the Mods, consider the matter of inclusion into the "never debunked or possibly real" category.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join