It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a "Never Debunked forum"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A forum where all the cases in ATS history which have never been proven fake or debunked can go, it's hard going through the forums to find all the gems.

How about it admins?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I am, by no means an administrator, but I concur.

We should have a section for just those threads that have never been "de-bunked".

Good idea.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Who is the one to decide?, the argument would go on for ages, one would say look here this is debunked for said reason and then someone else would say you cant know that for sure or your facts are based on lies to begin with.
Nice idea but in reality very hard to do.

The whole forum is kind of like that now and when something is debunked it goes to the HOAX forum. Sadly the HOAX forum is not as full as it should be.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I see what you mean, but maybe all the ATS experts come together and decide which threads can be put in, and maybe in the future they actually are proven fake they can go back into the hoax bin, it would bring much attention to the gems which newer members may have missed, and maybe even they can debunk them.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
nothing is ever debunked enough for some people. thats the problem. take the moon landing for example. some people on here still dont think we went there despite the mountain of evidence that says otherwise

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sound plausible. Maybe a debunk vote button for topics being debunked so the users can vote how they see it weather they make a post or not.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well as far as the UFO forum goes there is a directory that has all the top cases, as well cases that have been proven hoaxes.

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory

Also here is one for the cryptozoology forum:

Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts Index Thread

As far as anything else goes it seems like it might be a good idea but probably not a top priority at this time in my opinion.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
(Attn: Posting as a member, not as a Mod)

Two Issues:

* Its a matter of debate what is considered Debunked and what is not. Just because someone says something is Debunked doesnt mean it is. And if someone says its not Debunked that doesnt always mean its not.

* Who's going to do all the work?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
utter twaddle

why is the burden of proof once again being shifted to skeptics ?

the utterly vapid " argument " of ` well it hasnt been debunked yet ` is the last refugee of the lazy idiot wh ` wants to believe ` and requires every thing literally beating into them

if you are going to call for a new forum - at least have the fortitude to invest in it and ask for a :

" investigated and confirmed "

section

which - requires tht the positive claimants invest thier time and efforts in ammassing supporting evidence for each case

instead of just being laszy and falling back on the ` it hasnt beeen debunked yet ` falacy

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree. I have said this in many of my post!

A Forum where the mods stick threads that have never been disproven hoaxes will be a great place to go for the Best of the Best as well as help to search for clues to common elements that can lead to truth !!!

ATS PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can see it now.. Thread after thread demanding something be put in it or taken out. If a button was there to vote then the clique with the biggest numbers on for that day would determine what was deemed fake or real.

I think it is mostly noble, but the execution would be a horrorfest.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Relativity and certainty don't mix.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

But what can be considered "best of the best"? As Skyfloating said, some threads/cases may be considered debunked by some but nothing definitive has been presented. I think the best bet is to list all top cases/threads that have not yet been "debunked", as well ones that have (like the CARET Drones). We can apply this to every forum, not just UFOs, I don't know if it is totally appropriate to have a definitive "debunked or not debunked" forum, as new information comes all the time. In my opinion it is best to keep things as they are, of course it is great to order such threads in an easy to access format, as has been done in the UFO and Crypto forum, but other than that I see no need to further anything at this time.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
For some UFOs we can say that a "debunked" explanation has been presented, but not everyone may accept it.

Just look at the controversy in one of the most famous cases of all. We finally had disclosure after 50 years on Roswell and they told us they WERE hiding something, a top secret project, called Mogul, so it wasn't really a weather balloon like they lied about for the cover story, nor was it a flying disk, nor was it a UFO according to the officials at least.

So is that debunked? Well of course nobody believed the weather balloon lie but nobody believed the disclosure either, or should I say many didn't.

Or similarly look at the photograph made of fairies by 2 little girls. People believed that was a real picture for years. But even after one of the girls admitted they faked it, people kept believing. Is that debunked?

www.cottingleyconnect.org.uk...

If even admission of the truth by the perpetrators of a lie or hoax isn't accepted as a debunk, what would be? Nice idea but it's too hard to decide what's been debunked. We can decide as individuals perhaps, but a concensus for the board would be too tough.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I thought about this some more, and remembered this thread

It's not an official "never debunked" thread but it's along those lines:

Have you ever came across vids and pics that had you completely stumped? If so, please share. We would love to see

Lots of good contributors give their lists of the best cases there, it's a great thread for that reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
im pretty sure that all thread that are not marked HOAX would fit this category so i dont think its a great idea.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

err NO , hell NO that is utterly incorrect

you have somehow utterly failed to grasp the concept of the ATS [ hoax ] tags

i will spell it out for you

[ hoax ] is only applied when DELIBERATE fabrication , obsucation or fraud has occurred

whereas many threads have been revealed to be mistakes and misidentifications by the witness that were not malicious - thus these are never tagged [ hoax ]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Relativity and certainty don't mix.

Relativity is nothing more then Awareness.

"Awareness is the mother of creation ... Awareness can never be divided, nor imposed ... Awareness can only be experienced." (SI-6/89,6)

"Awareness alone is more powerful than nuclear bombs, more powerful than anything else in the universe. Awareness is even 'beyond light'." (SI-12/88,6)

"The Self is endless. Awareness is endless. Mind, spirit and body have a beginning and an end...The destiny of one and all is to be, one day, free of mind, spirit and body. This in itself becomes salvation." (SI-9/89,8)

"The only way to deal with any problem in life is to understand how it came into being. The moment you know its process, you can reverse it." (SI-9/88,5)

J. Krishnarmurti

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

dont talk to me like Moron.

everthing that has been described fits perfectly well within the normal forums.

and yes everything that has been debunked does have hoax tags wether deliberate or not, it doesnt matter.

if not deliberate though it is usually moved and then has the [hoax] at the end of the title. with a mod note in op saying it was accidental hoax.

why would we really need this new forum? how exactly do these suppposed mysterys not fit in any of the current forums?
also why not post a lot of examples.

better yet create a thread full of them for people to discuss, with relevent links. summeries etc like a mystery level 0-10. that sort of stuff. maybe you will get a sticky thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Was good old Blossom and her visiting aliens ever put in hoaxes?

That was mental.

I can think of one or two others as well, but like you say, it has to be deliberate fabrication.

otherwise just pop it into the gray area.

Some of that forum actually makes for quite interesting reading, providing credulity is left at the door on the way in...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join