It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is " disclosure " ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
well ?

its not a flippant question

" disclosure " is :

promised / expected / hoped for / derided / scoffed at / proclaimed impossible / apparently subgect to preconditions

[ delete as appropraiate ]

in various threads and posts across ATS

but what EXACTLY are people demandind or deriding ?

disclosure may mean different things to different people - and in such cases its helpfull if everyone knows just what disclosre means [ even if its a specific definition for a single thread ]

in fact - at the risk of killing my own thread - do not even reply here - but do it in the thread that you are discussing disclosure in

and state exactly what disclosre means - even if its only in the context of that one thread

thanks

editeds for spelling

[edit on 6-12-2009 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think most believe that their governments are withholding detailed information about aliens and UFO's.

The closest IMHO they will get is something along the lines of this:

The state-of-art in UFO disclosure worldwide

It at least is a good starting point for more in depth research.

[edit on 6/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In my opinion disclosure means "to tell the truth"

Unfortunately, we humans sometimes (if not most of the time), find it very difficult to be 100% honest so I don't believe that this scenario will become a reality until we develop a more sensible train of thought as a species.

In many cases it seems like people have already made up their minds on what is fact and what is fiction, and will defend their beliefs by condescending others even without any indisputable proof. Maybe this is why the government is hesitant "to tell the truth" due to our immaturity.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Disclosure means to reveal what is hidden

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Disclosure means to reveal what is hidden

Everyone here is spot on.

Only I believe the disclosure you are asking for the definition of, is any form of government coming out and saying:

"Yes, there are aliens, and we have been hiding them from you, etc."

Of course, in my opinion, this will never happen. Disclosure is just something for people to look forward to (in a slightly positive way) from our local, friendly, honest, law-abiding, government. [/sarcasm]

And we all know how HONEST our gov't is.....right?

---------------------->

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

but what EXACTLY are people demandind or deriding ?

Well, disclosure to me would be uncovering and revealing all suppressed evidences of aliens for the last 60 years (especially the 1947 Roswell case). Publicly stating aliens exist and also revealing different known alien species to the public.

At least all of that would be good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Former White House Chief of Staff John Podesta makes some good points here:

As for the general concept of UFO disclosure in the U.S. - I don't think the Pentagon or organisations such as the NSA,NORAD or the Office of Naval Intelligence will ever be forthcoming with information as, to put it bluntly, theres nothing in it for them.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
part of this whole disclosure thing i dont get is the government could have come out a long time ago and disclosed that they have literally no info on it what so ever. there have been sightings of unidentified flying objects, but they just do not know, they could have been anything.

that is a form of disclosure. followed with a bunch of fake docs...it would have been more than enough for the majority of the public...of course we'd still be all skeptic pants about it, but that's all good.

but to answer the question, to me disclosure would be the government acknowledging our concerns, and providing an "answer" whether it's a lie or not.

and that IS the best we are going to be able to get....whatever disclosure if there is any will be hearsay.

top topics

join