It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state-of-art in UFO disclosure worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There's some extremely well researched document that in my humble opinion should be a mandatory reading, especially for those who are interested in the "disclosure" topic: i humbly vouch for its accuracy not just because it's all stuff which reliability can be verified, but because its author, Vicente Juan Ballester Olmos, is one of the best reasearchers on the UFO phenomenon in the world. If you've never heard his name before, then it's just because he prefers to spend his time on serious research, and he's not some attention-seeker.

Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos

Born, Valencia, Spain, 1948. Vice-president and Research Director, Fundación anomalía (Anomaly Foundation, not-for-profit organization, founded 1997). Member/representative/consultant: MUFON, J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies, Society for Scientific Exploration, NARCAP, RIAP, European Journal of UFO and Abduction Studies, etc.

Professionally: Manager, Insurance, Benefits and Pensions, Ford Motor Co, Spain (employed since 1976).

UFO researcher with 30+ years experience. Author of five books (forwarded by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Dr. Jacques Vallée, and Dr. Richard Haines). Author of 300+ publications, including technical papers and reports (full bibliography in English available through internet at link: www.anomalia.org...

Sample of papers published:

"Type-1 Phenomena in Spain and Portugal" (with Dr, Jacques Vallée), Flying Saucer Review Special Issue 4, August 1971
"Sociology of Iberian Landings" (with Dr. Jacques Vallée), Flying Saucer Review, Vol. 17:4, July-August 1971
"Record and Analysis of the Spanish Negative Landings", Flying Saucer Review, Vol, 18:4, July-August 1972
"Quantification of the Law of the Times", Data-Net Report, June 1972
"Biometric Data in 19 UFO Occupant Cases", Flying Saucer Review, Vol. 19:3, May-June 1973
"A Catalogue of 200 Type-I UFO Events in Spain and Portugal", Center for UFO Studies, April 1976
"Are UFO Sightings Related to Population?", in Proceedings of the 1976 CUFOS Conference, Center for UFO Studies, May 1976
"Dramatic Chase in Spain", in The Encyclopedia of UFOs, Ronald Story, 1980
"The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis" (with M. Guasp), The APRO Bulletin, Vol. 32:5, 7, and 8, August, September, and December 1984
"Investigating the UFO", in UFOs 1947-1987. The 40-Year Search for an Explanation, H. Evans and J. Spencer (eds), Fortean Tomes, 1987
"Characteristics of Close Encounters in Spain" (with J.,A. Fernández), Fund for UFO Research, June 1987
"Standards in the Evaluation of UFO Reports" (with Miguel Guasp), in The Spectrum of UFO Research, Mimi Hynek (ed), Center for UFO Studies, 1988
"The Spanish Air Force UFO Files", International UFO Reporter, January-February 1993
"Spanish Air Force UFO Files: The Secret´s End", in MUFON 1993 International UFO Symposium Proceedings, MUFON, July 1993
"Alleged Experiences Inside UFOs", Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 8:1, 1994.
"Ballester-Guasp Evaluation of Completed Reports" (Jerold Johnson) in MUFON Field Investigator´s Manual, MUFON, February 1995.
"UFO Declassification in Spain", in UFOs: Examining the Evidence, Mike Wootten (ed), BUFORA, August 1995
"Declassification! Military UFO Records Released: The Spanish Experience", in UFO 1947-1997. Fifty Years of Flying Saucers, H. Evans and D. Stacy (eds), John Brown, May 1997
"Monitoring Air Force Intelligence", in MUFON 1997 International UFO Symposium Proceedings, MUFON, July 1997
"UFO Declassification - The Spanish Model", European Journal of UFO and Abduction Studies, launch volume, September 1999.

www.ufoevidence.org...

I don't think there would be some better way to present the paper but the words of its author himself:

The present edition of the FOTOCAT Project’s Blog is to announce the publication of the paper STATE-OF-THE-ART IN UFO DISCLOSURE WORLDWIDE, by Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos.

This is the first synthesis or synopsis ever done of the status of declassification or release of official UFO archives by every Government in the world, accurately updated to May 2009.

In this context by “UFO disclosure” I mean the revelation, declassification or release of official UFO reports from governmental files, placed in the public domain either directly or via the news media, researchers, and UFO organizations.

It is true that the term “disclosure” has been lately associated to a certain movement which is not really grounded in reality, but I want to reclaim possession of this word for use in rational discourse.

With the publication of this essay, I plan to achieve several objectives; firstly, I would like to provide a compilation of historical data that illuminates a generally obscure subject. Then, I hope it will generate feedback to expand this table and improve its accuracy. Also, government officials may be inspired to commence similar release processes in their countries.

Finally, I wish to share with you the kind words that Dr. Jacques Vallee has written to preface the announcement of the release of the present paper:

The field of aerial phenomena research has long been plagued by half-truths and poor information. The media have contributed to this misinformation either by ignoring important facts or by trumpeting the "release of secret files" that were never secret in the first place.

It is refreshing to see a complete statement of the state of official information on an international scale. This is a "work in progress," since many files that remain in the custody of military authorities in major countries have yet to be brought to light, but Sr. Ballester-Olmos has patiently assembled a document that provides an important baseline for future research.

With no further delay, this paper is freely available at:
www.anomalia.org...

fotocat.blogspot.com...

Enjoy it.
-internos

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by internosits author, Vicente Juan Ballester Olmos, is one of the best reasearchers on the UFO phenomenon in the world. If you've never heard his name before, then it's just because he prefers to spend his time on serious research, and he's not some attention-seeker.

Agreed.

Also:
(1) V-J is Spanish and his first language is not English. There is a definite tendency in the English-speaking UFO community to focus on the work of researchers in English speaking countries. There are several other hard working colleagues in Europe that are often overlooked (e.g. that at the AFU).

(2) V-J avoids sensationalism. Researchers that make more sensational statements gain more attention - whether their work deserves it or not.

Starred and flagged.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Starred and flagged. BTW the ufoevidence link (for me) brings up a "Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'". Will read the paper tomorrow. Sounds like there's a lot of overlap with freedom of information issues in general.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Internos,
I will have a look asap. Perhaps the word "Disclosure" or "Full disclosure" is bandied about too much and always linked to "Of alien life" which so far is just not the case. The only disclosures I have seen are of reports of UFO's and reports of close encounters and so on, and the various ways they have been classified. The only disclosure of alien life would be for some government or other to come right out and say, yes we have proof of alien visitation and here it is. It could happen, but the odds are against.

Is this the link you wanted us to see?

www.ufoevidence.org...

It is the home page but all linked pages there are down at the moment.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Nice one Internos!

I have never heard of him before and I will be doing some follow up reading on him.

It is the Stephen Greer's that distract so much attention from science based investigations that destroy this field of research and makes it a subjective circus.

well thats my 2 cents anyway.

Im still on the post about stanton = /

S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Black47

I think greer is trying to do something nice by pushing obama t get answers. you cant really blame him. will it be successful ? i dont know but he *seems to* try

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Black47

Black47 you are all too correct. That Greer is an absolute loony, of that I am convinced. Starred and flagged Internos. Thanks much.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'll read his paper(s) later but I just wanted to pat myself on the back because when an authority such as Jacquee Vallee is quoted, we say the same things. Me, because of my vast experience with UFOlogy since 1957, supported by my "resume." So when Vallee is quoted:
"The field of aerial phenomena research has long been plagued by half-truths and poor information. The media have contributed to this misinformation either by ignoring important facts or by trumpeting the "release of secret files" that were never secret in the first place." find any post reply by me and you'll see the same words, almost. I've been a critic of those who moan for and in favor of disclosure and I've told each and every one that there are secret gov't documents but they don't hold UFO secrets.

Using common sense and logic anyone can come to the same conclusion, AFTER a lot of research.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
reply to post by Black47

Black47 you are all too correct. That Greer is an absolute loony, of that I am convinced. Starred and flagged Internos. Thanks much.

Why might you label Greer a loony, if I may ask?

I see a lot of people labeling Greer as a loony, but I don't really understand why. It seems that he has sacrificed a lot in various ways in an attempt to get the information out in the open, and does it in the best way he knows how, or is financially able to. It would seem that this deserves a huge amount of respect and gratitude from people that are pro disclosure.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by spacemanjupiter]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter

Originally posted by vance
reply to post by Black47

Why might you label Greer a loony, if I may ask?

I see a lot of people labeling Greer as a loony, but I don't really understand why. It seems that he has sacrificed a lot in various ways in an attempt to get the information out in the open, and does it in the best way he knows how, or is financially able to. It would seem that this deserves a huge amount of respect and gratitude from people that are pro disclosure.
[edit on 31-10-2009 by spacemanjupiter]

I'm one of those who has voiced, loudly!, that Greer has an ego the size of the Matternhorn due to the garbage that he writes thinking that the whole world of UFOlogy is as mentally unstable as he is. I'm not saying that Greer is a Nazi, but just comparing that certain people are held up to high esteem and loved by the populace but in effect the rest of us know that there is something wrong with these people.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

It is important to promote good work.

anomalia.org in english

[edit on 31-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Very nice, this has my attention.

Good flag to post ratio so far.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Greer

I was watching the latest disclosure video when I couldn't help notice for a fraction of a second that he did something very VERY strange with his face. Almost like he teetered over to the reptilian side of himself. ha! just a thought but it was quite strange.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Thank you for this Internos!

I have saved a copy and after reading it I am driven to find out more about Mr Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos but it is very late here so it will have to wait until tomorrow, and after I return from the site of what was the “Dechmond Woods Encounter”.

I am an avid reader on anything with disclosure in its heading and I know many assume Mr Greer to be a loony. I on the other hand deem him to be passionate about the topic of disclosure and I certainly would not label him a loony or anything else that would be disrespectful to the man because like him or loath him, he has brought much consciousness to hopes of full and open disclosure based on mutual respect devoid of ignorance based on fear which is as it should be.

Greer in my opinion is a very interesting advocate of the disclosure topic and I know it may not be to everyone tastes and I may be insulted for saying this but for me I class Mr Greer as a decent and good man, searching as we all are, and for that he has my deep respect and my sincere thanks – for what it is worth.

Now back to the topic of this PDF I have downloaded and read. I find it interesting to note that of all the disclosure documents the most reticent seems to have been from American circles. The first thing that popped into my mind was “why?”

Just a running theory so I hope you take it as such but could this be because there are accounts I sometimes run into that indicates that a naive pact was made many decades ago with the united states and not with other countries? Could it be that those other countries who are more open to releasing their files on the UFO phenomenon were not party to any pacts and thus do not have so much to worry about in the context of “skeletons in closets?”

Sorry, yes I’m always throwing out questions and no answers but to be honest I have no answers just opinion and theories.

Anyway, starred and flagged again my friend, you are a great benefit to us all

[edit on 31-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Greer is labeled a loony because he bring's to the table concepts of consciousness and multidimensional phenomena, anyone who has not done research in these area's or tried meditation/OBE's and consciousness work would not be able to fathom it so he will continue to be labeled a loony.

He speaks the truth, and eventually science (quantum) will catch up and he will be proven correct.

Quite frankly, I've read his books, watched his lectures and seen his work with CSETI and he is anything but egotistical, he's very humble and working hard for the good of the human race - if you understood what he went through as a kid you might change your tune.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I'm one of those who has voiced, loudly!, that Greer has an ego the size of the Matternhorn..

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
I just wanted to pat myself on the back because when an authority such as Jacquee Vallee is quoted, we say the same things. Me, because of my vast experience with UFOlogy since 1957, supported by my "resume."

Takes one to know one?

C'mon, like raiden12 above me says, the only reason you folk don't like Greer is because he dares to bring the consciousness angle into play. If you want to get the full picture on this subject, the missing pieces of this jigsaw, you need to head down that track. There's no avoiding it. Our scientific knowledge isn't yet anywhere up to this level of comprehension unfortunately. The only way we can experience it is through meditation. People write it off as cuckoo because they simply don't understand it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

This quote stood out for me:

It is true that the term “disclosure” has been lately associated to a certain movement which is not really grounded in reality, but I want to reclaim possession of this word for use in rational discourse.

Thank you internos for bringing this mans work to our attention.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A most interesting read to say the lest. All the commas in the right places as far as I can see. Nevertheless, It didn't say much just that the work is on going. Disclosure, to its fullest, most likely will not happen in our lifetime. If, however, they do show something, like pictures or videos of these so called Aliens, only then will I believe that we have something. I can only hope to see it disclosed and see this wonderful world of ours in shock and awe. It just might being peoples together.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Alrite guys, this topic is about Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos , not Greer.

Lets debate Olmos' authenticity rather than someone else's.

Ty for the good topic OP. I will look much further into Olmos' work. Looks top notch.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I have a theory on why these other countries are disclosing info and the US is not. I think these other countries know about UFO's, they know something is going on and they are hoping by releasing what they have that the US will have to eventually follow. They know the US has a lot more information than they do and they are hoping to force it out. The US will never "disclose", not fully anyway, because they have to many lies to cover up. They may put on a show and release a little bit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join