It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain anti-global warming to me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The question (no way directed towards the OPs opening question, just generally) is like my girlfriend asking "Do I look fat in this dress?"

There is no correct way of answering it and gain acceptance with the answer. I believe that MAN is not the sole cause of a global warming. Asking why we are against the current push that it is man-made is a catch-22. We are immediately cast out as haters of Earth, babies and kittens when we give our answers on why we believe it isn't man-made.

You see, people that are against the man-made global warming theory on a whole I feel, do not wish to continue down a path of dirty industry if there is a viable, economically replacement to said industry. In some cases there are and that is where true environmentalist show their cards. Nuclear power? No way. Wind farms? NIMBY I say! Clean coal? Its still coal, so no!

You see, it is a loaded question that is designed to always have a compelling argument against it and place those it is posed at to feel guilty in answering it....just like when the lady asks, "Do I look fat in this dress"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
Firstly, let me explain my position. I am pretty much on the fence with global warming. I don't understand the science behind it, and have always been pretty skeptical of global warming. I am friends with many scientists who do believe, including one leading researcher and have had some pretty interesting arguments with them for and against.

However, I would *like* to have clear evidence for global warming presented to me. The oil companies are probably the most well-documented evil companies in the world, and their propaganda machine is second to none. Our dependence on oil is a huge problem. I struggle to understand why anyone would be anti-global warming from a philosophical standpoint - you are basically supporting the evil empire itself. I can't seem to think of a single reason why we would like to believe in the oil companies instead of the environmentalists; environmentalists are demonstratably the lesser of two evils in all cases I can think of.

Please enlighten me. Why do you not believe in global warming?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by xelamental]

If you hate oil companies, ask yourself why they support AGW and fund the climate scientists working for the CRU.

fascistsoup.com...

Also ask yourself how valid cap and trade must be as a policy when it was concocted by Enron.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by xelamental
Firstly, let me explain my position. I am pretty much on the fence with global warming. I don't understand the science behind it, and have always been pretty skeptical of global warming. I am friends with many scientists who do believe, including one leading researcher and have had some pretty interesting arguments with them for and against.

However, I would *like* to have clear evidence for global warming presented to me. The oil companies are probably the most well-documented evil companies in the world, and their propaganda machine is second to none. Our dependence on oil is a huge problem. I struggle to understand why anyone would be anti-global warming from a philosophical standpoint - you are basically supporting the evil empire itself. I can't seem to think of a single reason why we would like to believe in the oil companies instead of the environmentalists; environmentalists are demonstratably the lesser of two evils in all cases I can think of.

Please enlighten me. Why do you not believe in global warming?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by xelamental]

If you hate oil companies, ask yourself why they support AGW and fund the climate scientists working for the CRU.

fascistsoup.com...

Also ask yourself how valid cap and trade must be as a policy when it was concocted by Enron.

www.nationalreview.com...

Is this a "fact" - e.g. can you find this information on non-propaganda websites?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join