It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now is the time.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The 2010 elections are not far away. They will be a cat fight between the 2 major parties. Who will win? Who cares? We lose anyways.

2012 is coming up and there are many individuals that are looking like they will run. Nice of them to put themselves into the bulls eye of the MSM. Both sides. I sure wouldn't put my family through that crap.

Sarah? Jesse? Ron? Does it really matter who gets castigated? One side will see them as the anti-Christ, the other a savior. And the MSM will make them all look foolish.

Can they compete with the Romney's? The Clinton's?

I've said all along the the 2 parties are but 2 sides of the same dirty coin.

Time to wake up America. You can't vote for "None of the above". That's the law. It's time to start a SERIOUS 3 party movement.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
2012, I predict, will be won by an Independent.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i agree with you for the most part, however ron paul has shown through his voting record he is no where near more of the same. if he wasnt involved i would agree with you 100% and i would be voting libertarian(so long as barr wasnt the chosen rep.)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You want change? Real change that will make all of Washington DC crap its collective Tidy Whiteys...Then vote everyone there out of office! Spare no one. Get rid of all of them. Do not elect another Democrat, or Republican ever.

Shut down the whole frigging rats nest...start over with all new faces from all new parties...no lawyers of any kind allowed to run for office.

If you keep electing the same ruinous rotten bunch of ratbastards, don't expect anything to change, EVER! It is that simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And a 4th and a 5th and a 6th party would be nice. I've voted libertarian in every election. People tell me I'm a fool and throwing my vote away, etc. Hell, the first time I voted it was for John Anderson. Remember him. I'm showing my liver spots. I now live in Amsterdam where we have a myriad of parties to choose from. For a country that prides itself on choice the U.S doesn't really give itself one. Good luck. Even here on ATS where I thought I would find more libertarians and even anarchists, it's the same old dumbshow of left/right.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Exactly. Are you willing to vote 3rd party though? How many do you think feel that comfortable?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have a habit of voting third and independent myself. It hasn't done me a lot of good outside of my local area, but I feel better anout it.

There is no way I could vote for bob barr. His swing from federalist to libertarian was so fast I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I have never voted "for" anyone. I always vote "against" the moron.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I have never voted "for" anyone. I always vote "against" the moron.

In a 2 party system? That's the point. No REAL ideologies are allowed to exist in that paradigm.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

you silly idealist. You are one of those glass half full people aren't you? In Utopia, the elected officials listen to the constituents, not the lobbyists.

I think it would be awesome if we could form a group and raise enough money to have some TV adds and just inform people about the choice to enact real change. You would have to pony up some big bucks though. I hear commercials during American Idol and dancing with the stars is quite expensive.

In my utopia it would be illegal for any candidate to spend more than 1000 dollars on his campaign. The news networks would have to supply ample TV time to all candidates equally for free. Call it a public service. they could pretend they care about more than the dollar. And the journalists would practice journalism. They would report news, not propaganda. Yes, Utopia.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You have an alternative that will work? I'm yet to see one.

I disagree though. The elected officials answer to their lobbyists before the constituents.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

........and in Utopia, senators and Congressmen/women would pull down $37,000 a year and drive their own hooptie to work, pay for the fuel, and only get a per diem for travel on public transportation. They would get sick pay, four floating holidays of their choice beyond those observed by the nation, materity pay for both couples, health insurance, retirement (60%), and get docked for not showing up to work (8:00 - 4:00 M-F).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You think voting actually matters?

In this faded #ed Republic, all voting does is take an hour out of your day... nothing more.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

sorry, I was agreeing with you but being verrrrry pessimistic in the process. You are correct, but how will we make this difference? Like I said, raise money and put commercials on the Brain Box. We need organization. We need a leader. We need direction. I stand with you, beside you, I will even help hold you up, I am just not a leader. Somebody is. We need to find him/her.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

what, you mean like in the real world? good luck with all that. Those bozos haven't worried about a paycheck in quite some time. I wish you or I could really make a difference.

BTW, how are things in paradise? did you get the island put back together after the hurricane?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If I am ever going to be benevolent dictator of the world it makes sense to start with the U.S.A., after all I was born here and I am familiar with all the laws after breaking most of them!

It’s not so much the two party systems that are corrupt it’s that there are so many people in it too corrupt. This actually decreases the odds they will be corrupted and doesn’t increase them!

With a single solitary dictator there is just one person to corrupt! Naturally I wouldn’t have time to be corrupted by as many corporations and lobbyists as there would just be one of me as opposed to hundreds of congress people and senators.

A lot of people currently corrupting the system would be locked out of the corruption process due to my own demanding schedule and finite amount of time.

After all I am already so corrupt; I spend most of my time enjoying that fact and don’t have a lot of spare time for people who would want to corrupt me in new or different ways.

I really feel there are a lot of advantages to the American people under this new system. In fact I am so personally corrupt I could care less about the rest of the world, so we can close all those military bases and stop handing out all that foreign aide.

If you are poor, have some handicap, are in some oppressed minority, feel that you need special help from the government and the taxpayers TOO BAD!

I really wouldn’t have the time or inclination or patience to deal with all those silly agencies and departments and their heads. They would all go under my dictatorship so we could get back to a small government. In fact a small very unobtrusive government because I could care less what anyone else is doing!

No police state under my dictatorship. I think we are all mature enough to go it on the honor system!

I promise not to bother the citizens, if the citizens promise not to bother me! I think it would work out great if all you whiners and criers and I see the world in black and white types would just learn to shut up and mind your own business so we could all get along.

Taxes would go way down, freedoms would increase, people around the world would stop despising us and best of all I would get to be KING!

I think America owes it to itself to try this just once, don’t you? Insist on me as dictator in 2012 and together we can truly make the world a better place, well at least for me!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Correct me if i,m wrong but if Ventura runs he will be the third party Independent as he was when he ran for governor , but if he runs which is most likely he will that will be the third party

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yes, exactly that -- like in the real world. I understand (although don't necessarily agree) why we elevate film stars, sports figures and musical icons to a level where they aren't accountable, but I fail to understand why we allow politicians the freedom to "spend to the end", AND garner a benefits package that most people could LIVE on. In addition to that, being a politician surely is the only job in American where attendance is an option. Truly pisses me off. It's part of why I voted for Ross Perot; even though he reminded me of a hopped-up squirrel, he had his OWN money already, and was a successful businessman.

All fine here after Paloma -- we're making it; thanks for asking friend

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Any genuine third party in the US would need to be well entrenched at local and state level before entering the national arena . Well orchestrated PR campaigns such as the one Ron Paul undertook should not count third party runs for the presidency . Any third part that wants to make a dent and is able to do so will target congress . Since Congress is the legislative branch and controls the purse stings it can kill the executive agenda . IMO a viable third party in the US at the national level would require changes to the US electoral system and more uniform voting methods .

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The system is going to stay the same, the same it's always been, and the same it always will be. A few are going to control the rest and you may vote this one in or that one out but they're all selling two dollar sermons that wouldn't get you a free meal at a mission. And you know why? Because you're all too stupid, too fat, too lazy, too cowardly, and too apathetic. Ramble on and on about how things are going to be one day while you look around and realize they always stay the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join