It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Terrorist Attack in Russia within 1 week... 100+ Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

2nd Terrorist Attack in Russia within 1 week... 100+ Dead

CNN BREAKING NEWS-- An explosion at a nightclub in central Russia kills at least 100 people and injures another 90, state-run media report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is breaking news, I do not have a direct source but AP should be realeasing photos soon.

I guess the train explosion with the Gov't executives wasn't suffice. to satisy the sick and needy...

Sad world we live in. + having this so close to X-Mas is going to make things a lot harder for the affected.

Prayers to the families.
Death to the planners.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-12-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We will be seeing much more of this...I assume.

Thanks for posting it. Not being one to watch the TV, news comes to me faster from sites like this one here.

It is sad...very sad.

I never enjoy deaths of humans...not for any reason...not ever.

Thanks again for the news.

Be safe.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Does this attack have anything to do with russians and the ethnic cleansing they do in the north caucasus'? Maybe payback for South Ossetia?

Where's the link?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My mistake...
CNN took back their statement and it appears it's a fireworks accident

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I heard it was a fireworks accident before..but still, what type of venue was this?, the houses of parliament?, given theres still a significant threat from Georgia over the border disputes I cant help but wonder wether the recent internal attacks are more of a dispute from this area than anything to do with Islamic extremism. Especially considering some of the Weaponry Georgia has at its disposal.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing up the mistake.

Even better.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wonder if that technology that Russia sell to Iran will one day backfire on them selves when radicals get a few bombs together and the leaders say it was because the 12th Imam - Bin Ladan said so.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Terrorism against ordinary people for political gain by whatever source is the pits. It is plain evil and no good ever comes from it, and those who kill innocent people in this way, or any way for that matter, should forfeit their freedom for life, no amnesty, no forgiveness.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here's the Huffington Post version:

MOSCOW — Russian news agencies say an explosion apparently caused by pyrotechnics tore through a nightclub in the city of Perm, killing 76 people.

Emergency officials quoted by state-run news agency RIA-Novosti say the cause was pyrotechnics, but did not specify if the explosives were being used in a show at the club or if they were in storage.
Link: www.huffingtonpost.com...

When I first saw the headline I immediately thought it was a terrorist attack as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well at least it was not terrorism, I can not believe I was caught out for once.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is an awful tragedy. What kind of fireworks can kill 100 people? It was a night club, why would they hold so much explosives at the first place?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I wonder if that technology that Russia sell to Iran will one day backfire on them selves when radicals get a few bombs together and the leaders say it was because the 12th Imam - Bin Ladan said so.

Don't worry about Russia.

I wonder if the technology that the US is peddling 'round the world will backfire on us. According to Sibel Edmonds, very high level people in the last administration were engaged in the nuclear black market. She also says that Bin Laden was working for the CIA at least up until 9/11. What that means is that he was probably doing company-sponsored terror in the 1990's. He's probably still working for them now.

It appears that the only major player of state-sponsored-terror left ..... is us.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You know what would be funny? If Russia claimed they have 100% proof that Georgia did the attacks and infiltrated. Boy wouldn't that be a blast from the past.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How sad, prayers to the victims and their families and friends. i have my doubts this was a Terrorist attack, however.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I feel for the inocent people involved in this, but can't help thinking problem reaction solution here, like it was said, what kind of fireworks would be in or even near a night club that could kill that many people, i fear a little more underhandedness going on here. this is the problem, that will probably turn out to be some sort of terrorist action, so called anyway, then comes the reaction from the people, and then of course the Russian government will have to respond with the solution, may be an invasion on poor innocent soul.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Terrorist attacks are what happens to civilized countries once they reach a critical mass of muslims. It's the same pattern the world over, wherever the religion of 'peace' has infested.

new topics

top topics

join