It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shoe thrown at iraqi shoe-thrower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I saw this and couldn't help but laugh. I guess when they say "what goes around, comes around"...they mean it

PARIS (Dec. 1) -- The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at President George W. Bush in Baghdad last year had a taste of his own medicine Tuesday when he nearly got beaned by a shoe thrower at a news conference in Paris.

Muntadhar al-Zeidi ducked and the shoe hit the wall behind him.
"He stole my technique," al-Zeidi later quipped.

The identity of the new shoe-thrower — and his motivation — weren't immediately clear, but he appeared to be an Iraqi. It was not known if the intruder was a journalist or just pretended to be one to attend the news conference at a center for foreign reporters.

Whatever his motive, the confrontation didn't stop there.

This might be my favorite part of the story:

Al-Zeidi's brother, Maithan, chased the attacker in the audience and — what else? — pelted him with a shoe as he left the room.

Here is the footage of the shoe being thrown at GW Bush:

Sources: news.aol.com...

I suppose this was the desired effect:

Enjoy!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Holy Crap I think that's Dubya in disguise! I guess he was thinking back to his old Rangers days...throwing out the first pitch and all.

Neither one of the guys seem to be able to hit a barn.

S/F

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
He wasn't nearly as swift as Pres W! Of course the thrower wasn't quite as accurate either!

Good Stuff!
-E-

P.S. Your aggies almost ended my horns' perfect season!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
P.S. Your aggies almost ended my horns' perfect season!

Yeah, I was on the edge of my seat the entire game...which was difficult, as I had consumed many pints in anticipation of a blow-out loss.
to the Horns...now go win the BCS Title!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There is a video showing Bush throwing the shoe at the shoe thrower but I can't find it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I saw this and couldn't help but laugh. I guess when they say "what goes around, comes around"...they mean it

Ah yes, the law of KARMA....

I do not want to be anywhere around the Bush/Cheney criminal cabal when KARMA pays them a visit...

But it will be fun to watch it in the news.......popcorn anyone??

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is SICK, reactionary cowardice. Attacking the messenger in the name of the tyran. Attacking the weaker in the defense of the stronger... Would the attacker even have the courage to do the same with Sarkozy, Obama or Brown? No, just like a little submissive dog never barks at his own master.

A big, ironic applaud to the neocon moron who did that...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's funny how the whole world is still supporting the Iraqi shoe thrower, does tell us something about Bush.

By the way the title is "Reaction to the shoe thrower shows how much the world still Hates Bush.

When the whole world says it's wrong, then the whole world is not wrong.
The joke's on Bush !

[edit on 4-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I guess the "shoe" is on the other foot now. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I find it comical that the "original" shoe thrower appeared to get so upset for someone repeating his actions. Hypocrisy at it's best.

top topics

join