It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura manipulating video footage?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I was watching the new show Conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura on youtube when I spotted an interesting bit of footage from the show.

The video in question can be found here:

The video manipulation occurs during the gate standoff outside of HAAP, specifically when the interference occurs.

I've taken some screenshots of what I'm talking about, they have the time stamp on them so you can see for yourself.

Screenshot 1:

Here we see Jesse talking to the representative from HAARP at the gate.

Things to note:
Both have their arms crossed
They guy in the orange shirt is just in the shot
No red car

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/154f5a7fb214.png[/atsimg]

Screenshot 2:

Now this shot is when the interference is just about to start.

Things to note:
Jesse's arms are no longer crossed
There is now a red car behind Jesse.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89047e2db9dc.png[/atsimg]

Screenshot 3:

A shot whilst the supposed interference is occurring.

Things to note:
Jesse's arms are back to being crossed
Guy in orange shirt is back in the shot
No red car

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dccbdefa6ee2.png[/atsimg]

Screenshot 4:

Another shot during the interference.

Things to note:
Red car is now back again but further back

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05724595ec7a.png[/atsimg]

Summary:

It would seem that the interference was added to the video later on, Jesse's stance changes and the red car appears and disappears throughout the shots, despite the interference being shown throughout the red cars appearance and disappearances.
Also the guy in the orange shirt appears to change positions as well but this could be due to the change in camera angle.

So what's the deal? Is this show just creating lies to get ratings?

What else have they lied about or manipulated?

[edit on 4/12/09 by Chadwickus] Fixed images to show red car

[edit on 4/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I watched it, the car is at the turn much earlier then disappears, then reappears as the camera goes haywire. This appears to be edit tampering.

Good catch chad.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

It seems things are not what they appear, the fact the red car disappears and reappears during the interference has me convinced there is definitely some (not so) sneaky editing going on here.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I believe it was edited to enhance the conversation and make jesse look better. Not sure if it was intentionally meant to deceive, but if you follow the conversation, and then look at the editing you'll see how the cuts are designed for better drama.

Less about misdirection and more about making the star look better.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Of course there's editing. It's a TV show, and that's part of the process that goes into finalizing an episode. Did I miss a press release where Ventura made a ludicrous claim that the show was going to be completely "live and uncut"?

People don't want to see an unedited cut; lord only knows how long they stood around down there, with their thumbs up their bums, waiting for a worker to finally come down to the gate and speak with them. The show needs to be edited because, in television, they have time slots. A show needs to fill its time slot, allow for commercials, and do all that without cutting into the next slot that's already booked for another program. Pretty simple really. The notion that editing in and of itself is somehow "evidence" of post-production shenanigans with the interference is a pretty weakly rooted accusation.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Is this show just creating lies to get ratings?

You may feel that the interference was "added to the video later on"; however, no such accusation has been proven so it's a bit early to try and claim some nefarious plan of "creating lies to get ratings".

There's quite a bit of information provided in the episode; so if your need your debunking fix, then maybe you should attempt to follow up on some of that.

reply to post by Seiko

That seems somewhat more plausable, beyond just the normal process of editing for time constraints. Having heard Ventura speak, it's quite possible they cut some less-than-flowery language from the exchange to that effect.

[edit on 12/4/09 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I disagree, it is attempting to show that there was some kind of targeted interference directed at them, playing up the evilness of HAARP.

It's a blatant lie.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

That seems somewhat more plausable, beyond just the normal process of editing for time constraints. Having heard Ventura speak, it's quite possible they cut some less-than-flowery language from the exchange to that effect.

I'm saying they played the video out of the order it was recorded in. The "interference" I can't really judge as much.

I mean vertical lines like an old tv in an age where most stuff is now recorded digitally?

That's the user's decision. I'm just stating chad was right about the car and the poses. The video has been cut and re-sequenced or presentation. Pay real close attention to those and you'll see how jesse is framing the conversation to make the haarp guy look worse and himself look better. I really don't think that was needed as the point was already made, but they apparently felt the need for this.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You're merely creating a straw man to try to debunk here, and the show makes no claim that they were "targeted" by anything; so the only "blatant lie" is yours.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I can't help but think your making a mountain out of a molehill here Chadwickus.

This is an entertainment program, plain ans simple.

They have used artistic license to make program more entertaining. It happens all of the time.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Go have a look at the sequence of screenshots again.

1. No red car, no interference
2. Red car present, interference begins
3. Red car gone, interference continues
4. Red car returns but further away and interference continues

It's not a strawman argument, I am asking the question why they felt the need to add in this supposed interference after the fact?

And also asking what else has been manipulated?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

That's the way I take it, and it was entertaining, amusing..

Do I think Jesse's crew is going to shock the world! with this new series? Probably not, the biggest revelation I saw on this particular episode is that Jesse said he never heard of HAARP until 2 weeks prior to that segment..

As far as the interference, I would like to see the entire unedited portion where something was supposedly happening to their equipment..

Wouldn't that have been the BIG moment, as far as HAARP?

Instead we see an amazed Jesse listening to some CD with his fingers in his ears..

I was also hoping for the Governor to pull out some of his old WWF moves when that big bad security guy wouldn't let him in the gate..

Maybe next week in the 9/11 episode..

I enjoyed the show, go get em Governor!!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I understand all that, like the special lighting effects added to the antennas earlier on, that's fine and dandy but what I'm pointing out is more than that, it's been made out to appear as if it someone at the HAARP facility was directing something at them which had a direct effect on their equipment.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You really are all over the place.

That post was responding to:

I disagree, it is attempting to show that there was some kind of targeted interference directed at them, playing up the evilness of HAARP.

It's a blatant lie.

Which is a straw man argument. The show makes no claim that they were "targeted" by anything; so the only "blatant lie" there is yours. You're projecting your own assumptions, then attacking the show as if they were the show's claims. It's a classic case of straw man false logic that you're using.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

......it's been made out to appear as if it had a direct effect on their equipment. Almost like a plot device as a reason for them to leave.

Enough said.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

This is what the narrator says:

Jesse is about to walk right on through, when suddenly... The camera equipment begins to go haywire, something is interfering with the audio and video.

So what created the interference then?

What else besides HAARP are they suggesting is interfering with the equipment?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

This is what the narrator says:

Jesse is about to walk right on through, when suddenly... The camera equipment begins to go haywire, something is interfering with the audio and video.

So what created the interference then?

Interesting question; however the show makes absolutely no claim that they were "targeted", or that they had anything "directed at them". They merely note the interference happening, and move on.

And again, it's not a strawman argument when I am asking a question.

I see no question here...

It's a blatant lie.

Those are clearly statements; not questions. Yes, it's straw man logic that you're using there. They make no unfounded claims regarding the cause of the interference they experienced. You're injecting your own assumed cause, and then attacking the show as if they made a claim that they were "targeted" by something.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I can't help but think your making a mountain out of a molehill here Chadwickus.

Yes, lets spread and create fear paranoia about secret government programs and call it entertainment.

They have used artistic license to make program more entertaining. It happens all of the time.

Peace.

No they are manipulating events to create the illusion that Ventura needed to be stopped.

This is why Conspiracy theorists look like a pack of loons. Cheap theatrics and "Artistic License" is a rational for bending the truth in order to entertain but Ventura is claiming that the truth is not being told by those and that which he scrutinizes in order to entertain us, and bends the truth in the process of investigation. MSM dribble.
Talk about a pile of bollocks.

Nice work Chad.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Those are clearly statements; not questions.

Yes, I got confused which statement was being discussed and changed my post accordingly, maybe I am reading too much into it here but it is an unusual turn of events and I am curious as to why they felt the need to present it the way they did.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yes, lets spread and create fear paranoia about secret government programs and call it entertainment.

Yep, thats what they do. Hence why i chose not to watch this program, pointless propaganda.

No they are manipulating events to create the illusion that Ventura needed to be stopped.

This is why Conspiracy theorists look like a pack of loons. Cheap theatrics and "Artistic License" is a rational for bending the truth in order to entertain but Ventura is claiming that the truth is not being told by those and that which he scrutinizes in order to entertain us, and bends the truth in the process of investigation. MSM dribble.

Well, first of all, i doubt Ventura has much say in the creative/editing side of the production. He is a poster boy, the reason you watch.

Yes, they are manipulating events. But it was obvious to me what had been done straight away. Its been made quite transparent for a reason, thats how they get away with it.

That's entertainment, I suppose

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Maybe there was more footage of the interference, than the few bits we have, that was edited out. If this is the case, it would give the car time to move around. Some clips of the interference may have been moved around to to make it more "appealing" for the viewers.

Not saying that it's the case, just throwin' it out there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join