It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croquanna Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm trying to track down anyone with info about the Croquanna Island incident. Anyone know anything. Google returns jack poop. I may be spelling it wrong.

I know I remember hearing something about this on the news for like ten minutes and then never heard anything else. I only remember it now because someone I work with brought it up as a joke.

It had something to do with an anti-government group setting themselves on fire or something, which some people think was a coverup story for something else.

Anybody have anything???

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well,

I looked up croquanna, and got nothing.

Looked up krockanna, quocranna, croqanna, coraquana...etc.

Still, nothing. Find out the correct spelling, maybe I can get it.
I tried 20 different spellings and all I got was Croatoan Island, that was the old Hatteras Island and its not a conspiracy.

I tried...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i did some looking around and found this posing on another forum about The Croquanna Island incident. looks like it is a movie someone is making. going by the photo of the owners of the hotel and searching the hotels name i came up with it being in the outer banks. if you look at the photo and look at the one on the hotels website you will see the same boat (sign).
the only other hotel with a remotely similar name is in newzealand, and there are no islands around there with that name either. Link to forum post about the movie

link to hotel website with picture of sign

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure that's real.

EDIT: Also, the text on the sails is different. I'm not saying it's not the same boat, just that the sails don't match up. I'm going to go say that either the dude making that film is wrong about his details, or that the movie is a sham.

I may create an account on that site and ask the film maker. His "letter from the producer" seems legit, but who knows. Either way, maybe he has some info so Iodn't feel like I'm going crazy.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Cotechs]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cotechs

Go into GE look at street view it has the exact sign and building as the photo on that site. and that is the same address that is on the hotels website.

GE is 35 06 47.75n 75 58 55.35w

here is a pic from street view

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Rock on. I'm pulling the BS card on either that pic or the entire film. Meh. Time to keep searching.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cotechs
Rock on. I'm pulling the BS card on either that pic or the entire film. Meh. Time to keep searching.

Also if you search for the AWARD( cough hack) winning Helmond Flannigan,
Nothing comes up. How can you be an award winning director (even a dead one) and nobody knows who you are.
I definatly call BS also.

And to not be able to find any news stories or islands with Croquanna in it.
The hotel itself is on an island but it is Ocracoke island.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've been following this film blog thing that this producer is doing and I'm almost compelled to buy into it. Also, when I googled CROQUANNA ISLAND, I got a link to a TOTAL DISMISSAL of the conspiracy on Wikipedia, to include the deletion of the website.

If this is total fiction, then it's very convincing. I've been following the threads for the doco, and some of the things that are being posted are very similar to a lot of the stuff we see on ATS everyday. Disinformation. Nay Sayers. Inside info.

Either way, both I and my coworker are still looking for info if anyone knows anything.

top topics

join