It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you vote for the following people If they ran in the next election???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OK... Here's my Dream team If you will. If these prominent people ran as a third party and If they could all get together, would you vote for them. They are all great americans and all value the laws of the constitution. They would be as follows..

Ron Paul-President
Jessie Ventura-Vice President
Pat Buchanan- Secratary of state, Defence or Attorney General
Ralph Nader- Secretary of the Interior

You can add to the list or change them around If you like. I think that If these 4 individuals could be convinced to run as a third party to what is there, They would attract alot of attention. It seems the political parties on both sides of the spectrum are about the same and these guys would be a refreshing change for sure

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would take a very strong exception with pat buchanan. You should toss denis kuchinich in there to look all balanced and stuff.

And the most glaring omission of all is klubachar.

No seriously, these high name tickets aren't going to win us any real legislative victories.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I Would vote/Support Obama again .. i just hope if he gets the second term he will end the wars and pass the Health Care bill ( if he doesn't do it in his first term)

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obama, I like the way he works..no nonsense. Takes interest personally in whatever matter is at hand. So far has delivered majority of what he promised.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Obama, I like the way he works..no nonsense. Takes interest personally in whatever matter is at hand. So far has delivered majority of what he promised.

Are you kidding me?!?

Where are all the jobs he promised? kind of a biggie....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

No I am not. I can help you with your answer though by showing you the way. Goto www.politifact.com. All the promises Obama made are written there (numbered), you will find the answer there itself. Do not worry it's not some private blog it's a Pulitzer prize winning website which deals with only Facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
I Would vote/Support Obama again .. i just hope if he gets the second term he will end the wars and pass the Health Care bill ( if he doesn't do it in his first term)

I agree. It would have been bad if Obama turned out to just be the mirror image of the worst president EVER. It doesn't hurt that he is a constitutional scholar. Being known as a community organizer, among other traits, it is ludicrous to think he is endemically part of the powers that be. I hope he gets Osama, which will dry out a lot of the teabags, and allow the country to focus on domestic issues, which is badly needed.

As for jobs, only 1/4 of the stimulus funds have been spent. It takes while to ramp things up. Just because Bush burned the house down rapidly, it takes longer, unfortunately, to rebuild. Unfortunately for the GOP, it appears that the recovery is just starting, and with the massive firepower of the stimulus set to hit the fire just as it flares, it appears that Obama just may have been playing political chess with regards to the 2010 elections.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oops, this is the message I meant to quote. Anyway, it will be interesting to hear what the commander in chief has to say tonight....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

In all the elections I have voted in and it's been a few.....

I never once voted FOR anyone; I always voted AGAINST someone.

Actually I think we should stop voting altogether.....

"It only encourages them"

and it doesn't matter who get elected they are corrupted so fast it's obscene.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you want somebody who stands up for the Constitution, Senator Russ Feingold (D-Wisconsin) is the guy. He was the only U.S. Senator to vote against the insidious Patriot Act. These are his reasons:

www.archipelago.org...

And here is Feingold leading the effort to reform laws which relate to the Government's extensive, overreaching and intrusive surveillance powers

rawstory.com...

When was the last time you heard Constitutional scholar Obama say a word about the Patriot Act or the UnConstitutional surveillance powers of the Government? No guts, no glory.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
While strongly resisting the urge to address the assertations made by December_Rain (I would gladly debate the promises kept in another venue)

I must say that Ron Paul has continually been a shining star. Representing the common man, but I would be carefully consider the field knowing that a vote for him may actually help a contender that I didn't want. (see: ross perot) I think Ron Paul would make a fine president, but his refusal to sell out alongside his peers has possibly branded (unfairly) him as too extremist. The MSM would likely vigerously attack him in a campaign.

Jesse Ventura who was a fantastic (independant) governor and would easily have won re-election, but was so incensed with the glaring corruption in our political system that he refused to run.

I would call attention to Russ Feingold who also has a record of voting for the people and not the corporate lobby. He was the ONLY senator who voted against the original patriot act, he is not afraid to vote against his party if he feels he is serving the people, and he rarely misses a vote. He would have my strong attention in a campaign, and my support should he advance to a presidential cabinet position.

Ralph Nader had his chance but he stands up for the people and would make a good addition to any cabinet, perhaps even a vice, but I don't think he has the political weight to make a serious run for president.

Pat Buchanan, not so much.

my 2 ameros

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Is there some other Obama in office in another country that I don't know about, because I sure don't see that in the US here.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed Russ, but I cheated because I get to vote for Russ every time. No, I do not claim any party. I vote for the contender who best represents my views, period.

What would you say to a Paul/Feingold ticket?

Put Ventura and Nader in the cabinet and we might really have something.

See the First Five and imagine.....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'd prefer Andrew Napolitano himself as but Buchanan will do I guess. Hell, I'd like to see Napolitano run the whole thing himself.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Paul/Feingold is probably the best hope the USA has to get things back on track. The country does not need a guy you can have a beer with, nor does it not need a rock star as President. It needs a sensible voice for the people.

The first three things which must be accomplished to get the country back on its feet again is to repeal the Patriot Act, abolish the Fed and put an end to the expansionist empire building. Unfortunately, Obama has shown no progress in these three key areas.

It is time to take care of things here at home and stop bleeding the taxpayer by spending big money on other countries and wars. Let's get back to an isolationist policy and allow the rest of the world to take care of their own problems. Without a strong sovereign nation, there is little hope for a bright future.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Agreed. I would think That Ron Paul and Jessie Ventura are also sensible people. I have listened to Ron Paul and he "seems" like one of the most sensible people in congress

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is for all you Obama fans out there

www.cnn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.foxnews.com...

There is no change here from the old president, you know the one who to blame for all this?? Policies are the same, only thing that is different is the colour of the suit on the talking head in front of the TV. With Ron Paul at the helm, you would have no involvement and there would be a pullout of troops worldwide. Big business would have been allowed to fail and clean up the mess themselves instead of borrowing from the future of Americans who Aren't even born yet. And you have health care....that will WORK.....Afghanistan is doomed to be his Vietnam now. The taliban and the warlords are going to lay low and wait until they leave and then get back to business. Meanwhile Soldiers will face needles tragedy and death..for what???

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

There are better unbiased and credible sources than fox news such as
www.politifact.com
www.factcheck.org

Deny Ignorance by not getting fooled by media generated propaganda.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What makes you believe Ron Paul will keep his promises ??

.. He talks our of his A** because he knows he has NO POWER and he WILL NEVER get power... but there is always the sheep that will eat his crap...

Ron Paul is a joke and a clown without a gun (and so is Jessie Ventura)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

uh.....

and

top topics

<<   2 >>

join