It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you vote for the following people If they ran in the next election???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Paul would never get in as Pres, but I would vote for Ventura in a heartbeat!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Right now I'd really like to see Gen. David Petraeus as our next president. Brilliant, resourceful, decisive...he was very concerned and involved in a hands-on way with getting trade and businesses opened up for the Iraqis - something WE need in this country NOW. Too bad he was over-ridden early on by the warmongers Bush and Cheney in the early days or things might have turned out much better than they have.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

What makes you believe Ron Paul will keep his promises ??

(and so is Jessie Ventura)

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

r u kidding

that had to be one of the most idiotic statements on ats ever

look up his voting record,,,,, and maybe the only guy who follows the constitution

do any pols even bother to think if a bill is constitutional or not,,,, or do they just decide which side there on??? the latter, almost always

bush sucked, and obama sucks

fine if you believe in obama,,,, maybe he'll be better than bush,,, whichisn't hard,,,, but to say ron paul flip flops or back tracks is just so ridiculous

he's been saying the same thing for 20-30 years,,,, however only now as a result of severe crisis,, is anyone finally listening

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

There are better unbiased and credible sources than fox news such as
www.politifact.com
www.factcheck.org

Deny Ignorance by not getting fooled by media generated propaganda.

I find it quite telling that in this in this response you conveniently ignored the links to both CNN and MSNBC. Choosing only to address your obvious anti-FOX bias.

I wasn't going to do this but it's just too easy to pass up.

I'll go ahead and remove any temptation of calling "media bias" by going straight to the source himself.

By simply putting the pen to the stimulus bill the following promises were broken.

1. Make Government Open and Transparent
2. Make it "Impossible" for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
6. You'll know what's in it (Even Republican Senators didn't know)
7. We will put every pork barrel project online

I'm still looking for Bidens remark that campaign promises were never meant to be kept.

In the meantime I'll quote your own link, Politifact. Here's what they had to say after the first 100 days.

As the 100-day mark of his presidency approaches, President Barack Obama has broken six promises, according to a PolitiFact analysis. That's a small portion of the 514 promises we're tracking, but the six represent some of Obama's key campaign themes. Three are about taxes, two about transparency and ethics, and one deals with international diplomacy.
PolitiFact

Since FactCheck.org deals with analyzing the truth of political ads more than tracking promises, I didn't even bother.

So you see, some of the biggest promises were broken straight away. If some of those big ones like transparency, controlling the lobbies, cutting out the pork, and earmarks in bills, had actually been kept. I would even consider him to be doing a good job. Unfortunately none of those things happened in real life.

Edit: Forgot to put in the video clip

[edit on 12/2/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I agree he broke 6 promises I am not denying that. It's admirable you actually visited the website and went thru it
. Most people do not bother with facts so a star for you my friend. Yeh it's true he broke 6 promises but he has also fulfilled 27 promises 5 of which are key themes of his campaign.

www.politifact.com...

Infact if you see the updated info on the homepage:

Tracking Obama’s promises
57 Promise Kept
15 Compromise
7 Promise Broken
18 Stalled
165 In the Works
254 Not yet rated

That is not a bad performance it can only get better from here I hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser
I find it quite telling that in this in this response you conveniently ignored the links to both CNN and MSNBC. Choosing only to address your obvious anti-FOX bias.[/url]

Yes I am very much against Fox specially because they have a long history and tendency to distort even simple things. I never even visit Fox nor will I ever. I find most of the MSM biased and manipulative. So when talking about specific things I only rely on Facts and neutral source like politifact and factcheck. If I want to read news I visit Yahoo or Google news or Reuters.

1. Make Government Open and Transparent
2. Make it "Impossible" for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
6. You'll know what's in it (Even Republican Senators didn't know)
7. We will put every pork barrel project online

I'm still looking for Bidens remark that campaign promises were never meant to be kept.

In the meantime I'll quote your own link, Politifact. Here's what they had to say after the first 100 days.

As the 100-day mark of his presidency approaches, President Barack Obama has broken six promises, according to a PolitiFact analysis. That's a small portion of the 514 promises we're tracking, but the six represent some of Obama's key campaign themes. Three are about taxes, two about transparency and ethics, and one deals with international diplomacy.
PolitiFact

Since FactCheck.org deals with analyzing the truth of political ads more than tracking promises, I didn't even bother.

So you see, some of the biggest promises were broken straight away. If some of those big ones like transparency, controlling the lobbies, cutting out the pork, and earmarks in bills, had actually been kept. I would even consider him to be doing a good job. Unfortunately none of those things happened in real life.

I would like to state here something, not all Transparency and ethics, diplomacy, taxes promises were broken. You will find many promises kept under each section as well.
Source: www.politifact.com...

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

[edit on 2-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You have earned your own star for being the FIRST Obama supporter who has replied to my negative view of some of his actions in a civil manner, even conceding to my own arguments. If only all political debates could abandon the name calling and divisiveness we might actually get somewhere.

I personally feel that Politifact is being a little generous in the promises kept column. Giving him credit for ending the war in Iraq for example. That war is not over, but pulling the troops out of the cities is definitely a big achievement and the end is now in sight. As of last night he has officially kept his promise of a surge in Afghanistan, and I firmly agree with it noting that the surge in Iraq directly led to the relative stability there. I also believe that if you are in a war (right or wrong) that you should fight to win or get the hell out. It only prolongs a war and increases the risks to the soldiers to play politically correct on the battlefield.

Another overly generous credit is given for transparency, although they do dodge this by saying "improving transparency" The stimulus was in no way whatsoever, transparent. In fact was one of the most non-transparent rush jobs in history, being signed into law less than 24 hours after its more than 1000 pages was released.

Some of the others are just a joke. Ethics for example. Issuing an executive order that forces appointees to sign a form saying that they "were not hired because of political affiliations or contributions." It does nothing to make the APPOINTEE sign a form as to why they were hired. How about forcing the one who did the appointing to swear that it is not for those reasons?

Rather than completely derail the thread from it's topic I'll just say that it is too early to see what the end result of the promises will be, but I am not at all satisfied at this point, and don't even get me started on Healthcare, or Cap and Trade, Codex Alimentarious (which begins on his watch Jan 1st 2010), or Climate.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I find that site funny. How can something be "mostly true" or "partly true"? A statement is either true or it is not!

People now days kill me, it would be funny if it wasnt so damn rediculous. Its like saying..."I know a girl thats "mostly pregnant".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join