It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world, what do you do? HYPOTHESIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

She sank in seconds, so fast that he was unable to get off the bridge before the water poured in and she plummeted toward the ocean bed. When she was about a couple of hundred feet down, one of the shell magazines exploded below him, blowing away the bridge and blasting him up to the surface. He was one of only three men who survived

This is tough to buy I mean a couple hundred feet down? He should have been dead anyway. No?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would try to get my family as close to Bear Grylls as possible...just in case we survived.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is not exactly the kind of thing you specifically plan for unless you belong to some government agency and even they probably have no real plans themselves. If it t happens, it happens, maybe you'll get an hour, maybe you'll get no warning. You just do the best you can and play it ear. That's all I got to say about that. Otherwise there's no point in worrying about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'd write a lengthy post on ATS.com about how much I'm gonna miss posting.

Then I'd get Banned.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Boy oh boy this went from hypothetical to theoretical in one post >_>

For those of you saying we wouldnt know;

We would know, the infamous "CLIMATE CHANGE" would plague the planet for months eventually leading into horrible cataclysmic disasters, and by that time, there's fissures under your feel, daily, I think you know the end is near.

For those of you who would run;

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I reckon most of you would do what i would do, and thats nothing.

We are all like this and why should that change.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That's not true. Everybody would do something. I mean, not much point in trying to stop it when it's already too late (besides, how can you stop a volcanoe?), but people would want to say goodbyes to close ones or try things they never tried before. Even simple getting drunk with friends is doing something.

And we speak hypotheticaly, it means that for our sheer entertainmant we assume we would know

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can tell you all that I would want to survive. This means rounding up as much food, water, and weapons as you can and getting as far away from the coastlines and from civilization as possible. At least then you would have a chance unless everyone everywhere is completely screwed, and then you can say that at least you tried.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well if there was literally no chance of survival I'd want to have a good laugh... I'd hate to be one of those people in a complete state of panic that ends up dying trying to run away from some giant lava flow.
I think first of all I would have an end of the world party.
After that I would choose a spot where the most exciting disaster would be happening (Im thinking tectonic plates breaking apart), bring a deck chair, sombrero, bottle of vodka, possibly a particular substance that Im not allowed to mention on here, my ipod & a pair of binoculars so I get a good view!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I have two plans, in the 2012 scenario. Only one of them you get to know about, and it's actually the first part of the ultimate plan which is actually just the two plans.

Have a End Of The World BBQ.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a few pink floyd albums and isolated or with a close friend in the middle of the wilderness/mountain top laying in a hammock and enjoying myself without any stress. if you can't stop it, why panic? might as well just sit back calmly and enjoy your last days.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I believe there will always be survivors and that is what I have spent the time on... surviving what ever happens.. If i fail then okay someone will find the shelter and make it a home for themselves...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I would sit there and await my death.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I would pay attection to every detail that was going on around the world... no alchol, i wouldnt to nothing of that, well... i could maybe one time only. My main objective would be watch everything and presence the action was going on, watch others reactions, and reflect about many things about life. I would enjoy get in a car and go for a ride observing different places... so many things, but for that i don't want to be drunk or high, but very lucid and aware!

[edit on 8/12/09 by Puls4r]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
if it's already down the toilet? i'd gather all of my friends and test out weather it's possible to overdose on weed

please don't kill me mod's, it's true.

but aside from that, i'd get around to telling the girl i like how i really feel.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think most of us would indulge in our addictions. I would drink until I can't feel feelings no more. I figured if it was the end of the world might be alot easier to convince the girlfriend to have a threesome.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Climb on to the roof, drink a couple of beers, listen to some Bob Marley and get ready to see what this whole thing we call life has been about

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I know this is all hypothetical and stuff, but in all honesty nobody would do anything like they are saying (well at least not the outrageous stuff).

Most likely the mass of the population would panic, stay with family/friends, run through the streets causing riots, total anarchy really... So yeah I guess some of the claims people have made in here may very well happen but people will be more willing than ever to jump the gun (literally) if you piss them off since they all know when they're death is going to be, they don't want it to be any sooner.

But, dropping all of that aside...

I would probably run around with a gun collecting survival gear that I could never usually afford, and hell yeah I'd grab a new car - a brand new Skyline and go drifting around well I find my supplies.

Then I'd go hold up every drug dealer and collect everything possible for my 'survival' since I wont have any pain meds, I'm going to need something.

And, I'd find the nearest underground facility and bring a mob of people with me armed to the teeth (literally, 1shooters in their mouths and all) to take down whoever may be blockading the entrance of said facility.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I would hope that ATS would still be up and running, cos I would want to see everything. I am sure posters here would be live filming and posting as quickly as they could.

Unless of course, all the stuff was happening where I am. In that case, I'd be posting and hope you all would still be tuned in to ATS so my efforts would not be in vain.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There's a very important point in where mayans tell that 2012 12 21 is the begging of a new age , not the end of all life. I know the theory , I know what will happen. I'll give a hint. Gulf stream moved ~1,2 degree south and it only works 40% from what it once worked. sum everything up and you will get the REAL new age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join