It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world, what do you do? HYPOTHESIS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This post is based purely on speculation, and has nothing to do with my personal beliefs of 2012, and is actually completely contrary to them. I just recently watched 2012 the movie, quite cheasy acting but the SFX were simply KILLER. Definitely worth watching in a theater.

So, the question.

What would you do if you had a 7 day countdown to the COMPLETE end of the world, in similar circumstances as seen in the movie 2012. Super volcano eruptions, Tectonic plates completely breaking away and shifting into new coordinates, Magnetic poles shifting, Tsunamis, etc. There is _NO_ escaping your destiny.

My solution...

A substantial amount of hard alcohol, few guns to keep the freaks off my property, a large mountain to overlook the beautiful destruction of the planet.

Ahhhhhh, nothing like the sight of imminent death when you're to drunk to feel anything anyways.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I would get my towel and drink at least three beers and hope for a ride

-v

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Very important point!
Never forget your towel.
As for me, I'd sit back and wait for the fire works, flood, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My neighbours wife had better be a good runner !

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ill tell you what i would do. Put my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye.
Or rob a bank. Always wanted to do that.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess I'd go with the alcohol too. And I would hope that maybe somehow I will survive, considering I live in rather boring place. Geographically I mean, no volcanoes, no earthquakes, currently quite far from the Sea (well, giant puddle of salt water). My only hope for some nice last view would be meteors. But if there was no chance I would survive here (I haven't seen the movie, I don't know how it ends, not sure if everyone dies or someone heroicly survives to repopulate the Earth), I would move for a better view first. And then drink a lot. And I would like to have my friends there with me, because I don't like to drink alone. We would probably end up trying to escape the Earth with a trolley, a lighter, few straws and a toilet paper but fail in the end.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Cash in my superannuation and throw a gigantic street partymmmm alcohol.....

And sex, lots of sex

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Spend the time with my wife and family, especially my grandchildren.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I like the responses, creative we are. XD

reply to post by xiuhtecuhtli

-Tectonic plate shift

-Magnetosphere gone to s*it

-Super volcano eruption

-Core of Earth heating

-Immense solar flare causing immense radiation poisoning/death

You're dead brah, no chance to survive, unless you got a 10 year supply of oxygen, food and post camp up on mount everest. =P

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I hypothesis a time when mankind fails tremendously w/ war forcing the need for divine intervention. Like humans get into a serious world dangering war putting all animals and innocent directly in harms way. Unfair which in turn triggers the natural eraser to come upon all of earth making it fair. This eraser i feel would be a combo. Of natural attacks on humanity for being so errogant. Attacks from 6 or more asteriods from different directions to level the playing field a large gamma ray burst from the sun to reheal earth from the minning-earthmoving-digging-nuclearblasting-toxic waste hidding ect. Earth only not its inhabitants. After the lgrb the earth will be forced to cool again w/o its nearest star the sun. The cooling effect i hypothesis will leave earth intact frozen for many years until the microorganism trapped inside the thick ice sheets can melt when earth orbits back into another stars gravitational pull. Restarting new animal life w/o humans. Most should be in the realm of light during these times. Just my hypothesis, lol

[edit on 12/2/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

Mod Note: ALL CAPS – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Wed Dec 2 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Call a space cab ? Maybe the GFL would give me a ride...?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Even though nothing will happen, i think is this scenario, i would just do the same as what i normally do, nothing.

We all die sometime, does it matter if this is the way or not. For me, i would be no different, and i would not change my opinion to others, just over it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Difference being doing nothing results in inevitably a painful death.

Doing something more than like results in a loss of pain, or lack of care.

XD

/sadistic

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Most likely panic sex, but only after i have finished the previous round of panic sex caused by whatever the issue of the day is.
And lots of cheese and beer.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
depends on what we would knew about it.

if i knew it would be painfull i would pump my self full of everything lol (morphine and alike)

if it would be instant then big party lots of sex and doing stupid things like i would not do normaly - steal some ferrari
etc.

tbh if i knew i would be nuked in lets say 10 mins i would go to the epicenter rather than ran from it . You can figure why.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Yeah, stealing Ferrari would most definitely be on my to-do list.

/offtopicdontkillmemodsplease

Borderlands, good game just to short

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Purely hypotheoretical now .

Well I would load my laser sighted Ruger Redhawk .44 mag. go on down nere to your basic, wath'cha call , one 'dem furrarri dealers git me 'da
keys one 'em 'Enso's. Burn rubber hit da strip club kidnap da hotest
little pole dancer rip her and the road up all a way 'da Vegas pimp out da hottie' til we had enough cash to hit the crap table at da bellageo. Oh wait the worlds ending let me start over
without the drawl.................Ok load my laser................................................................................................................................................. ..............................................................................

[edit on 2-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
I like the responses, creative we are. XD

reply to post by xiuhtecuhtli

-Immense solar flare causing immense radiation poisoning/death

You're dead brah, no chance to survive, unless you got a 10 year supply of oxygen, food and post camp up on mount everest. =P

Untrue. THIS IS SURVIVABLE.
...You simply go to where there is NO SUN. On 21st December 2012, by definition, the Sun will not rise north of the Arctic circle. UNfortunately, since the radiation of the sun will penetrate rock, one would need a chord across the surface of the earth of about a mile to cover this and extra lattitude to compensate for height of land. Furthermore, the polar ice caps will melt, so one would need high ground which would need extra lattitude to ensure that the sun stays well over the horizon. Additionally one needs that place to be connected by road so you can get there as aircraft navigation systems will be shot.

Given these requirements, there is almost one place on earth and that is the two towns north of Fort McPherson in Canada. Interestingly and creepily, the Canadian Governement has just rushed through a road building programme to reach these settlements. Additionally, the biggest and cheapest hotel up there is called...THE NOVA!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

The fact is that there is always hope...

Consider, there was actually a man who survived going down WITH HMS HOOD, the British battleship that was blown to bits by the German navy in the Second World War.

She sank in seconds, so fast that he was unable to get off the bridge before the water poured in and she plummeted toward the ocean bed. When she was about a couple of hundred feet down, one of the shell magazines exploded below him, blowing away the bridge and blasting him up to the surface. He was one of only three men who survived.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

If you KNOW that you are doomed, then the only FACT that you really KNOW is that you have been lied to by the authorities, so that they can save themselves on the quiet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join