It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police kill suspect in officer slayings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

AWEsome - stories like this warm the cockles of my heart.

(no wasting money on 3 squares a day, cable tv, a bed, and a defense attorney)

Exactly!
Just get rid of him, he's human excrement.

It might sound barbaric, but every time somebody like that is killed, the world gets a little cleaner. Same goes for serial killers, rapists, child killers, child abusers etc. Just get rid of them all, and maybe the world will be a little safer for the useful people to live in.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The problem with your 'dont want to risk more casualties' theory is, if they shot him, that means they risked more casualties. Common sense lends itself to the logic that, if you dont want any casualties, you dont fire a gun. Pretty straight forward there.

Wolf cant find food, wanders outside its normal territory. Finds farm kills some livestock. Scared off by a bull and goes away. Its already proven that it will come near domestic areas so the farmer will shoot it on sight. Ill bet you hes not going to try to tranquilise it and bring it further away.

Not saying this is the right course of action, just that he already proven himself to kill, the police know it and are worried, not to mention angry. Emotion should never be use to make decisions but when you are in the moment that rule gets thrown out immediately.

Always remember in any military/police they are your brothers, think what you would do to this man if he killed your family.

I definitely agree the whole story will never be told, but people automatically assume this means they were doing wrong and deserve to die. Maybe they did, maybe not.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I like your signature Ridhya, it certainly does apply to the fate of the man that was killed

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Xaphan]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There were two different stories of the events today, one in the morning from the media and a second story later in the evening from a coworker of the officer who did the killing.

The first story was the car was just stolen an hour or two prior to the cop coming upon it.

The car was in the road with the hood up because it had stalled.

The suspect attempted to flee from the cop and was ordered to stop and then he was shot in the back.

The owner of the stolen car was interviewed and claimed his car had an intermittent ignition problem and would just stop with out warning.

The owner of the stolen car and the media made it a point that it's a good thing the car died, so the suspect could be caught like he was.

The evening story was told by the cops (suspects killer) coworker and the premise was that the suspect had setup an ambush by putting the cars hood up hoping that a cop would come around and he would execute another cop. He said that the suspect approached the police cruiser and the officer got out stood up and then noticed the telltale mole of the wanted suspect. The suspect made a move in which the officer feared for his life and the suspect was shot. By the time paramedics arrived the suspect had died. A gun that belonged to one of the Lakewood slain officers was found in the suspects front right pocket.

What is clear is the suspect did have a gun according to police and it never made it out of his pocket. I would think if he was going to ambush the cop he would have had it out once the cop arrived, but that's just speculation.

Seems to me it was a revenge execution bypassing due process, the Constitution and our agreed upon system of justice. Yes, most of us can live with that if he did indeed execute four other human beings a couple of days prior. Still though that's not what we pay our public servants to do, we expect them to follow our laws even though criminals don't follow them. Otherwise the police are just gangsters in uniform with a license to kill when they don't agree with the process.

The media mentioned the suspect died before paramedics arrived, hinting that they were perhaps delayed by the indifference by police at the scene.

Nope, I'm not a cop hater or a cop lover. I don't really like what police have become today in America, but I accept that they are a necessary evil to keep the weak amongst us safe and deal with the real bad guys - not just speeders. A little less shooting, less indifference toward the public, and less armed revenue collection and I bet only real criminals would have a problem with them.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
Listen, I am not sure of what exactly happened, but I will say this. An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind. Round and round it goes and where it stops, noBODY knows. I think we should really give up any lust we have for vainglorious vengeance, as when we shoot an arrow, it circles the earth and pierces us in the back.

the "eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind" analogy does not work in relation to murderers- most people do not murder so most of us will not go blind (or be killed)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I dont normally side with the Police but in this case the scum deserved put down, he had raped a child and forced his family to strip in front of him. Why pay hundreds of thousands of taxpayers dollars to keep him in jail for the next twenty to thirty years. I wish the police had guns here and put them to good use on some of the scum.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So why would "the most wanted man in the Pacific Northwest — the ex-con accused of gunning down four cops at a coffee shop" (from yahoo article) casually approach ANY police officer when he KNEW FULL WELL that he was a wanted man? And if he wasn't smart enough to realize they were looking for him how was he smart enough to murder 4 cops in daylight and get away for this long?

Whoever wrote this ***story*** (as attempted justification for MURDER), was unimaginative and knows nothing of plausibility. If this man was truly responsible for gunning down the 4 cops then the LAST THING HE WOULD DO IS CASUALLY APPROACH ANY OFFICER AT NIGHT OR OTHERWISE.
In fact, if he was the cop killer and he approached a loan officer at night from the rear, why wouldn't he have KILLED the officer or better yet RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AS ANYONE WITH HALF A FUNCTIONING BRAIN CELL WOULD DO IN HIS SITUATION, BEING THE BIG COP KILLER AND ALL.

I feel bad for people who actually take this nonsense at face value.

Rest easy little sheeples, for your safe now...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I hate people who use the term "sheeple"

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Well I can't exactly call you intelligent, informed citizens employing logic and reason, can I?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacATK18
Well I can't exactly call you intelligent, informed citizens employing logic and reason, can I?

I hate the term don't sweat it, and as for me being less intelligent or informed than you, don't kid yourself

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I didn't mean to call you unintelligent unless you buy this BS, then I did

If you don't buy this BS then sure, you can be more intelligent and better informed than me I don't care and it doesn't change much

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I didn't mean to call you unintelligent unless you buy this BS, then I did

If you don't buy this BS then sure, you can be more intelligent and better informed than me I don't care and it doesn't change much

I don't necessarily "buy it", but would need credible info/sources to give me something else to chew on, because as it is, we don't

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well I'm glad you at least don't "buy it"

The only "credible" source in this situation is the cop who shot the guy, since there were no witnesses, apparently. And judging by the implausibility of his story (and the fact that there were two different stories being peddled), I don't think hes very "credible".

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well I'm glad you at least don't "buy it"

The only "credible" source in this situation is the cop who shot the guy, since there were no witnesses, apparently. And judging by the implausibility of his story (and the fact that there were two different stories being peddled), I don't think hes very "credible".

problem is, we have no reason to think that this policeman is not a credible witness, we literally have no evidence of him being nerfarious or underhand- this is the problem, we can dream up scenarios, but we have nothing in this case other than a hunch as to what some people may feel odd about this chap dandering up to a policeman- mind you, anyone who would shooot 4 cops would have to be "odd" and rather hard to predict

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Haa thanks. It came to me in a dream. Planning to use it in my graphic novel.

reply to post by MacATK18

You make it sound like it is impossible to do something smart when you are an idiot, or other way around. Killing is simple a child can do it. All he have to do is keep the weapon in his car, drive around, spot the opportunity *Oh police completely unaware!* and utilise the element of surprise.

Maybe he thought running away would be more suspicious than staying? Who knows.

Do you really think this is a made up story? That 4 police are dead just so they could kill an innocent man? Or are you meaning that that part is fake too...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
deranged pedophile noones going to care about that had past dealings with the law, check, one of the slain officers gun in his pocket( wonder how that got there..) check...

its quite obvious this was a real hit, by real proffesionals, id like to see the gun shot wounds on the police officers. Im willing to bet they were double tapped....

joe shmoe can not accurately kill 4 armed police officers.

This story wreaks of conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i agree with walkingfox, all in all it was a net gain lol

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenTheLine

What are you on about? Conspiracy? Are you saying that four police officers were killed on purpose, and then this guy was used as a patsy?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want to know the reasoning behind your statement.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"Moments later, Maurice Clemmons, 37, lay dead in the street, shot by the patrolman after Clemmons made a move for a gun he had taken from one of the slain officers, police said."

That is the first time I heard anything about him getting a gun from an officer he had shot! How did he have the time to pick-up a gun, when he was under fire himself?

I reckon they make up the story as they go along, easier that way.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Autarchic]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Being from the area, trust me the Pierce County police department is one of the dirtiest there is. I'm not saying the guy who got killed was an angel or defending him in any way. I'm just it's pretty typical that things happen out here and then the story changes multiple times in the process. There's a reason why Pierce County is the meth capital of the world and there's a reason why most of the cops in that neck of the woods think they're cowboys. This screams drug corruption.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join