It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Sharlet Finds Connection between The Family and Uganda's AntiGay Laws/Possible Gay Genocide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I dont havetoo much to post as i am enjoying reading this topic however these are my views on gay people.

Actually lets state my olds views i used to hate gay people i thought it was not normal, wrong ect however. my views where through ignorance.

Now one of my best mates is gay at first i turned my feels on him. anger ect.

now i have gotten over it and come to this conclusion which i do think people should think about, why should one person care about who they like unless it affects them.

Now i still dont agree with it but i understand its their choice my friend knows what i think and he understands.

2-3 years ago i would be in the group of people out side protesting making lives of gay people bad,

now i will be in the gay group because its not fair to tell people how to live, you can have your opinions but you can not control them.

I will be right at the front in the gay group supporting them.

on a lighter note it leaves more women for me
on the male and male idea.

also i know i used gay alot instead of the right word its late and i can not be botherd to type it all out but i know the proper word for it.

everyone has a learning curve to find out their rela views. give people time to realise it

Thecrow001

[edit on 30-11-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by lordtyp0

It has to do with the effects of immortality on a society over time. I have never heard of Poes Law.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

I am guessing you meant "Immorality" not Immortality. But then, that idea is hogwash as well.

From Urban Dictionary:

Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics.

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

In other words, No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.
The following is an actual Internet post to Biblically defend a flat Earth:

"All I was saying was that either the earth is flat, and the bible is correct, or the earth is round, and the bible is incorect, i'm going to study the issue more and deside for myself which route I want to take. Either Atheist evolutionist, who agrees with all of mainstream sciences, or flat earth litteral bible believer.
I'm leaning toward being an atheist, because if I can't believe the bible to be completly litteraly true, then I can't believe Jesus when he speaks about heaven, etc..
That would make the moon landing a fake, and pretty much all of modern science false..."

Response:

"That's it, I'm claiming Poe's Law on this guy."

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
People have a way of not hating others but hating the parts of themselves that they see in others. So, it's funny how guys will bash a gay guy because the gay guy is seen as more feminine. They say they hate the gay guy, but I think they hate that they are unable to get in touch with their feminine side and be comfortable expressing it openly like gay guys can.

This is of course ignoring the mounds of violence and prostitution that exists in the bible.

It is a work of fiction. If you were to go around claiming to hear the voice of god / voices (period!) today, you'd be locked up for mental illness.

The bible is for many a tool used to justify their hatred. Take away the biblical texts, and then the hater is left just...hating. People don't condone hatred. But, if 'god' says so, it's okay! I call shenanigans!

And why would you trust someone else's word on what god might say? You shouldn't invest so much power into the truth on such a serious issue. For all you know, your 'god' in the bible could be 'satan' who wants you to hate on others so he can bring you down to burn in 'hell.' From what I've heard, that sounds like something typical of Mr. Satan.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

It has to do with the effects of immortality on a society over time. I have never heard of Poes Law.

I am guessing you meant "Immorality" not Immortality. But then, that idea is hogwash as well.

From Urban Dictionary:

Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics.

Uh.. yeah. Thanks for the spelling catch. Er.. it was late and my spell checker was misbehaving. Interesting about Poe's law too.

You say as far as immorality it's hogwash that immoral behavior leads to the downfall of a society over time. I have no clue where you get this junk. It's a proven historical fact that immorality does lead to societies breaking down. We have all kinds of examples in history to support this. Beginning with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lawlessness and disobedience of morals and honorable values takes societies down quickly. A corrupt society is a society heading for anarchy and thus it's own demise. It's part of the reason we have laws in the first place - laws being first laws of moral and ethical conduct.

Why do you think sodomy is illegal? It's immoral, that why it's illegal. Even between two willing partners. Sorry but I will not let gay people skirt the law on this just because they willingly do it to themselves and not force it on someone else. The influence of this lawless behavior on young people because we fail to enforce the law is detrimental to the youth of today's society.

And for the record. I don't hate gay people. I believe they are sick and need help, as with any mental problems. Uganda is not the USA. If convicted of crimes of being gay, I would put hem not in a normal jail but a place where they can get help for their disorder. I do not know if this is possible in Uganda, but if gayness is such a problem over there, then they have the right to do something about it.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

To me the drives that attract a man to a man are the same drives that cause a man to go out and rape a woman.

wow

edit: I wish not to make any implications but that statement sounds like you would know firsthand.
[edit on 30-11-2009 by piddles]

Gee, that was a cheap shot. I would attempt to explain that comment to you but I doubt you would understand it. Of course I expect you to disagreed with it, but you would totally fail to see I have a valid point of view.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I can see that immortality could have an effect on society over time, but what does this have to do with legislating the murder of homosexuals and their supporters?

Poes Law, btw, states that it's impossible to distinguish between fundamentalist religious beliefs such as you express and any parody of them, as the fundamentalist beliefs already take ridiculousness to its fullest extent.

By the way, JohnPhoenix, Jesus was a law breaker.
I guess that means you'd have been delighted to nail him to that cross?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Its "culture." No shoving your homosexual loving Western ways on the oppressed other nations. How dare you imply this is wrong. You are your obnoxious, self-important, Western-Imperialist "values."

For those immune to sarcasm - I'm making a point about anti-Western agrendas, and the assumption that all cultural things are sacrosanct.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow hardcore crazy christians wonders me every time I read them. Seriously isn't religion all about love and acceptance ? So we should go after a gay bar as much as terrorists ? Cause they hurt your sensibility and YOUR god given morale or what

In the same logic, we should ban religion, cause I don't like it. (that's an argument ...)

And don't gorget, go after the witches.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

more gays means more women for me, cant be that bad can it ? lol

now i know you'll say gay women will be taking the other women well.

its just to lighten to mood in the thread becoming abit too ....

Thecrow001

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001

Thecrow001

Just be make you feel better - science is starting to prove what people know intuitively. Women's sexuality is more malleable than a man's.

Meaning that you woudn't have to worry that much about it. Women are way more likely to switch hit, and even go from one, to the other, and back again.

I have some hypothesis as to why this is. The point here is that you're chances are still pretty good.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

well thanks for the good news, if you wish to u2u me on why you think this is or even post it on here.

i look forward to hearing it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

well thanks for the good news, if you wish to u2u me on why you think this is or even post it on here.

i look forward to hearing it.

Females in many societies throughout time have had limited ability to define their own sexuality from puberty (or even before) on.

The women who could not adapt to this had some significant selective pressure put on them. That's the nice way of saying, they tended to get dead earlier in life.

When intercourse is rarely one's own initiative or will throughout one's life, it would not be unlikely that the woman who could learn to derive pleasure out of it all the same are going to do better with their partner(s) than those who cannot.

When those partners are often considered to be owners, rejection of their will isn't an option, and it is back up by the literal force of society. Some of those owners are going to have some more peculiar tastes.

Adapt or die.

[edit on 2009/12/1 by Aeons]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

very intersting and a theory with a logical base i think.

what do other people think of this ?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I wish you people would push your hatred of my christian values aside and stop claiming that I advocate the "legislating the murder of homosexuals and their supporters". You are twisting the truth.

I never once said that or anything like it.. Go re-read all my post here. I said I would agree with making homosexuality a crime and that I would do the death thing differently.

Are you really so full o hate that you cannot read or comprehend what you read?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Thank you...you took the words right out of my mouth.
I was gonna finish reading the post then comment...but thanks to you I don't have to. You said everything about the other poster I was thinking.

;-)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I wish you people would push your hatred of my christian values aside and stop claiming that I advocate the "legislating the murder of homosexuals and their supporters". You are twisting the truth.

I never once said that or anything like it.. Go re-read all my post here. I said I would agree with making homosexuality a crime and that I would do the death thing differently.

So, you wish you lived in a third World country, because their morality base on these subjects is obviously superiour.

Good stuff that.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

(chopped for space, paste is from previous threat, on page 3)

Uh.. yeah. Thanks for the spelling catch. Er.. it was late and my spell checker was misbehaving. Interesting about Poe's law too.

You say as far as immorality it's hogwash that immoral behavior leads to the downfall of a society over time. I have no clue where you get this junk. It's a proven historical fact that immorality does lead to societies breaking down. We have all kinds of examples in history to support this. Beginning with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lawlessness and disobedience of morals and honorable values takes societies down quickly. A corrupt society is a society heading for anarchy and thus it's own demise. It's part of the reason we have laws in the first place - laws being first laws of moral and ethical conduct.

Why do you think sodomy is illegal? It's immoral, that why it's illegal. Even between two willing partners. Sorry but I will not let gay people skirt the law on this just because they willingly do it to themselves and not force it on someone else. The influence of this lawless behavior on young people because we fail to enforce the law is detrimental to the youth of today's society.

And for the record. I don't hate gay people. I believe they are sick and need help, as with any mental problems. Uganda is not the USA. If convicted of crimes of being gay, I would put hem not in a normal jail but a place where they can get help for their disorder. I do not know if this is possible in Uganda, but if gayness is such a problem over there, then they have the right to do something about it.

--------------

Actually, unethical items lead to downfalls of society. "Morality" is a code of a religious sect. Items that constitute an ideal life. Morality is dictated by a religion. This is why Morality changes from country to country.

Ethics on the other hand is codified human behaviour of right and wrong. The two are similar because certain items are universal: Don't steal from me, I wont steal from you. Etc.

Separately you keep mentioning the law. You realise sodomy laws have been tossed down as unconstitutional in every state that it's been challenged in, right? It is "immoral" because certain individuals scapegoat for power gains in religions and fear tactics in the political arena. It is that simple. I also find it a tad ironic that only in the countries considered as despotic-for many reasons-is it perceived as wrong.

As for not hating gay people.. Your statements reak of the "love the sinner, hate the sin" drivel. Nowhere in the bible will you find this. You will however find "Love everyone".

If you do not adhere to the morality of your religious doctrine, are you really a moral person capable of claiming righteousness in such issues?

(edit to add in quote boxes, try and clean up formatting a bit)

[edit on 1-12-2009 by lordtyp0]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My "cheap shot" was to make a point. that statement was ridiculous.

any point of view that is intolerant of a group of harmless people is VERY wrong.

and by reading your other posts, you keep changing your story. Are you against homosexuality because it says so in the bible? because sodomy is illegal? or because you just plain don't like them?

you make it seem like if it's either of the first two, that's the only thing that prevents you from accepting them (which I highly doubt, which is where #3 comes in)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Thecrow001

Just be make you feel better - science is starting to prove what people know intuitively. Women's sexuality is more malleable than a man's.

Meaning that you woudn't have to worry that much about it. Women are way more likely to switch hit, and even go from one, to the other, and back again.

I have some hypothesis as to why this is. The point here is that you're chances are still pretty good.

Speaking from experience, it's because women get so pissed off with men being lazy, lying, unfaithful bastards, they switch and try settling down with another woman instead.

- And then they discover other women are every bit as bad as men.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I wish you would take a course in reading and comprehension.

I never said you "advocate the "legislating the murder of homosexuals and their supporters"."

It's obvious who is full of hate here. I guess you, thanks to your lack of reading and comprehension skills, believe that's what Jesus wants of you. .

By the way, I'm just one person, not a people..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join