It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Sharlet Finds Connection between The Family and Uganda's AntiGay Laws/Possible Gay Genocide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
scienceblogs.com...

Uganda is currently considering an incredibly brutal anti-gay law. Apparently it's not good enough to make homosexuality illegal and put people in prison for it for life, now they may go even further and put gays to death - along with anyone who advocates on their behalf. And now -- surprise, surprise -- it turns out that the people behind this in that country are members of The Family. Jeff Sharlet, the foremost -- perhaps only -- expert on The Family (aka The Fellowship), did an interview with Terry Gross on NPR last week in which he pointed out the links between the Uganda politicians pushing this legislation and The Family

For what information is available on them, go here

This is disgusting. This organization is backing the possible murder of Ugandan citizens to satisfy...I don't even know! This sort of thing needs to be made public, to help people realize the Family are a bunch of criminals. There is no real religious organization that needs to hide its actions so intensely.

OP Edit:

I feel some people are not really seeing the gravity of the situation:

a highly secretive religious group with numerous politicians on their roster are backing a law that could result in the persecution and death of numerous gays and gay supporters in Uganda. This is a conspiracy thread, not a discussion of gay rights (there shouldn't need to be).

[edit on 30-11-2009 by piddles]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
are you being serious?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mod edit: Removed post.

Peace

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
From what I hear about the epidemic of AIDS in Africa, this may be a phobia instilled problem.

I do not feel either way about homosexuality.

Anyway, the deaths due to AIDS maybe fueling this.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

because you [snip], it's offensive to be okay with killing a group, no matter what their demographic. BEING OKAY WITH KILLING IS NOT AMERICAN, OR EVEN HUMAN.

then you rag on the mods for restoring some decency?

seriously, I don't need your input in my thread.

Mod edit: Removed personal insult.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm not a gay person but their struggle to be recognized as PEOPLE is highly reminiscent of rights minorities fought for so many years ago. I believe I would have been on the frontline, blasting bigots and racists alike.

Also, don't some people over there believe if you have AIDs, having sex with a virgin will cure it? Totally stupidity

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Tolerance.
You don't have to like it, just accept other beliefs and allow actions that have no direct affect on you or the well being of others. Were you outraged by other atrocities committed against other minorities, ever? If so then allow your true ideals to show and let God deal the judgement, if that's what you believe.

Mod edit: Removed post in quote.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Is this site only for Americans? because I'm not American.

And it's funny you say killing is not American? I thought all America does is kill people? Isn't that how America was built? genocide and slavery of millions?

Another ironic thing is you Americans say "God bless America" when in the Bible is says to cast away and kill gays, you ask god to bless you and then break all the laws in the bible?

I didn't break any rules in my original post.
Your opinion is just as offensive to me as mine is to yours, but I'm not going to cry over it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow, the thread pulled the scum from the drain fairly fast it looks.

I recall Maddow doing a piece on The Family first, the impression I got was they are in many ways "Satanic" (as defined by: Do whatever you want, the power justifies the means which justify the ends.). With statements of them seeming to idolize Hitler for his power grab if not his ideology. If true it makes sense: What better way to demonstrate ones power over the world than to lead to the deaths of people.

This "law".. to call it draconian is like calling a cotton ball a nuclear weapon, even so far as to give life imprisonment to those who know someone is gay and say nothing.

How the hell are these 'official's' still in power?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by piddles

And it's funny you say killing is not American? I thought all America does is kill people? Isn't that how America was built? genocide and slavery of millions?

Another ironic thing is you Americans say "God bless America" when in the Bible is says to cast away and kill gays, you ask god to bless you and then break all the laws in the bible?

Your opinion is just as offensive to me as mine is to yours, but I'm not going to cry over it.

Spanky, you need to go read the same bible that you give so much lip service to. Specifically Deut. and levit.. You will find that you too in all your sanctimonious pomp are an Abomination according to the onion-paper leaves of those sheep herders.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
are you being serious?

Just as I was thinking, What a narrow minded reply (Removed thankfully).

I am, and have been aware of issues such as these throughout my life, and this is not the first (so called) nation to implement such harsh stipulation on same sex couples, although most have been a little more subtle, usually creating a degree of animosity within its population to do its bidding.

Plenty of prejudice has rained down on gay communities the world over, and for what? well, nothing.

Simply that.

I have homosexual friends, and I will treat them no different to my heterosexual friends.

And I wish to be treated no different myself.

This is an extreme situation, and just maybe, (thanks to the media this time) we will see some swift policy withdrawal, but I wouldn't want to hold my breathe.

I am not sure how many people will jump on this thread, but I am sure a lot more should.

This is not an isolated issue.

Wikipedia Same-Sex Marriage

Regards S_G

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Mod edit: Please keep the discussion on-topic.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by piddles

yes you did. it helps to READ the rules.

also, I could give two craps that you're not American.

And since you think America is the only country founded on slaves and genocide, I would strongly suggest reading a history book after you read the T&C.

And since you wanna quote the bible so much, consider "thou shalt not kill". You quote a book that seems to contradict itself?

I would get a better source

also, I realize you might think this thread is an attack on Christians or any follower of the bible for that matter. It's not, it's about a corrupt organization that is pushing for the killing of innocent people.

If you are for this, I would seriously reconsider posting on this site.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by lordtyp0

Nice try in attempting to look smart.
Go cry to mom if you don't like what I said.

This is actually pretty funny:
“Finally – saying that crap over the internet, okay – you’re all fine and good – you’re safe in your little computer chair in your little messy room surrounded by your little energy drink cans…. but – keep in mind. You wouldn’t get away with that in my presence.” -mf_luder

Come try it, I’m black belt Tae Kwon Do 7 years + 2 years kung-fu kickboxing, I have never been beat up in my life and I’m still waiting to meet my match, you won’t stand a chance army man. I also have ni---z that will pop you in your face if you ever tried to bring any gun talk.

You are such an outstanding person. I humbly give the floor to your obvious intellect.

Ah, all kidding aside, and profoundly stupid tit-for-tat trolling. Do you actually have anything to add to this post?

(edit) Err.. forgot to give cred for those paragraphs.. Dont want to be seen as plagerising such outstanding work. It was buds84

[edit on 30-11-2009 by lordtyp0]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

because you idiiot, it's offensive to be okay with killing a group

So I get my post removed and banned for a simple Bible quote not breaking any ToC, and you go around directly insulting users and thats ok.

Great job ATS Mods.

Whats the point of this forums if we all have to agree or get banned?

So far that is my 3rd warning for having a valid, non American point of view and not breaking any ToC.

ATS = Trash.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Anti-gay bible quote? Send me a copy in U2U.

This is how I feel about this Uganda Law.

Well, death may be extreme, but if they punish these offenders who break the law in Uganda then I applaud them happily. It's about time somebody had the good since to make blatant homosexuality a crime.

I believe death will only be considered in extreme cases such as a man raping another man against his will or something like that.

This is a great thing for this country. Now they just need to get God given morals an values in place. What they are doing with this is stopping the same kind of decadent behavior that led to Sodom and Gomorrah. Once morals and values go out the window other things that lead to worse crimes against man will follow.

Mod edit: Removed.....removed, quoted post.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
that's not an insult

anyone who thinks genocide of anyone is okay is an idiot, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh no, flame buds84 because his opinion stinks.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh no, flame buds84 because his opinion stinks.

Not at all, there was no flame. A flame is an undeserved insult. This is simply showing some of your stinky opinions. I mean really, I point out that you should read your own book and you tell me to 'cry to momma'.

Sounds more like you are just a flammable troll.

This is a situation where psychotic right-wingers are trying to execute people around the world, you are fine with this yet scream about how evil America is for going to various wars-that the population doesn't even agree with. Really man? Really?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join