It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

are these the actions of a president who loves his country..?

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
www.gopusa.com...



I have grown weary of pretending that Barack Obama has anything but disdain for the United States of America. So let us ask the question on all of our minds: Are the actions of this president those of a man committed to what is best for his country?

With small business, the engine of our economy, on the ropes, Obama and his myrmidons in Congress are trying to ram through a health care reform bill that will, in the words of Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn, bring about our "fiscal ruin." Is this the action of a president committed to doing what is best for his country?

Obama continues to push his "Cap and Trade" legislation, with all the taxes, fees, energy price increases and restrictions on freedom that inevitably accompany it, on the strength of junk science that is being discredited every day. A growing number of reputable scientists are expressing doubt that global warming even exists, and recently a hacker or a whistleblower made public thousands of insider e-mails showing that climate change advocates know the whole thing is a scam. Yet the president intends to go to the Copenhagen climate conference and pretend that none of this ever happened. Is this the action of a president committed to doing what is best for his country?


MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others



[edit on Mon Nov 30 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]




posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I dont know how many questions you asked
(6...now that I got grilled over it)..but I gave the answer "NO!" to all of them.

I have tried to voice my concerns to everyone I could, but a lot of the time, it just fallson deaf ears because people just dont want to believe they got suckered again.
::sigh:: when will people grow up?

EDIT TO PLEASE SNARF.


[edit on 30-11-2009 by Common Good]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
people just dont want to believe they got suckered again.


Yep too true, even matthews is wondering about obama now lol, saying he is not doing what he promised, lol.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 




I dont know how many questions you asked..but I gave the answer "NO!" to all of them.


Typical response.

"I don't know what it is (So i can't say as though rather or not its true) but since it's bad about Obama - I AGREE!!"

Nice logic.

Way to Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Snarf]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Common Good
 




I dont know how many questions you asked..but I gave the answer "NO!" to all of them.


Typical response.

"I don't know what it is (So i can't say as though rather or not its true) but since it's bad about Obama - I AGREE!!"

Nice logic.

Way to Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Snarf]


Are you high?
Next time you use quotations...try to make sure that the person actually said that.

I answered NO to all of them, because I agree with ALL of them. What is so hard to understand?

And since you brought it up, yes, it is bad about Obama. When is it not?


Why dont you practice what you preach. Deny Ignorance.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Except for the first point, a quote from Tom Coburn - Republican senator from O.K., I think this is a good article questioning the actions of our president.

Just another quote from him "I favor the death penalty for abortionists and other people who take life."
-wiki

[edit on 30-11-2009 by tooo many pills]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 


okay then, allow me to hold your hand and gently walk you through this step by step


someone asks you:


are these the actions of a president who loves his country..?


and you say


I dont know how many questions you asked



i dont know how many questions you asked = i dont know what you asked


you cannot know the content unless you know the amount - its very simple.

So since you dont know the questions involved, but you still answer "NO" to all of them, as in "No, these are not the actions of someone who loves his country"

Then i say to you again - Stop acting silly. Grow up.

Ignorance is bliss...and you are proof of that.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Snarf]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Common Good
 


okay then, allow me to hold your hand and gently walk you through this step by step


someone asks you:


are these the actions of a president who loves his country..?


and you say


I dont know what you asked, but i answer NO to all of them



i dont know how many questions you asked = i dont know what you asked


you cannot know the content unless you know the amount - its very simple.

So since you dont know the questions involved, but you still answer "NO" to all of them, as in "No, these are not the actions of someone who loves his country"

Then i say to you again - Stop acting silly. Grow up. Deny Ignorance.



JESUS..... Do yourself a favor...and READ. But do it slowly, cause I think you are getting ahead of yourself.

Here let me help you....Ill hold your hand along the way.
Come on now, you can do it. Its all about comprehension. =)
Ill be waiting for your apology.

Like I said earlier, if you are going to quote someone, make sure you quote them..WORD FOR WORD.

And whoever gave you a star for that non-sense is just as dense.



EDIT---- Let me edit this post just to let the author of this thread know I am sorry this thread has gotten off to such a bad start because of some pety insulting.
When I said "I dont remember how many questions you asked"...I meant just that. I couldnt remember as I was typing in my response exactly how many questions were asked. Its really a shame it had to get this far, but we all know how good the Die hard Obama supporters are at grasping at straws.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Common Good]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 


If there is any misreading going on - it is on your part


Question: Do you like these apples?
Answer: NO I DONT LIKE ANY OF THEM

Result - the person being asked the question does not like the apples




Question: Are these the actions of a man who loves his country
Answer: I dont know how many questions you asked - but i answer "NO" To all of them


Result : The person being asked the question believes that every question asked results in the answer "NO" as to indicate that the person being asked believes that the subject in question does not love his country.


If you mistyped something - then fix it. Im not reading it incorrectly. Just the way you typed it.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
Doug Patton is a freelance columnist who has served as a political speechwriter and public policy advisor. His work has been published in newspapers across the country, such as the Washington Times and the Tampa Tribune, on web sites such as Human Events Online and GOPUSA.com, where he is a senior writer and state editor, and featured on the Mike Gallager and Sean Hannity radio shows. Readers can e-mail him at dougpatton@cox.net.


I have a hard time relating this note with the content of the news. That text seems to me like a rant and disseminating hype.. not like someone making an educated opinion on an newspaper..

Not much for the content of the article, but for the style..

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Picao84]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil
 


The man can be wrong and still love his country. I don't agree with a number of policy issues he has pursued, but he has done nothing I have seen that says he is any thing but a man who loves his country.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf
 


-Read the edit-
::shakes head::
try practicing some common sense. You know damn well what I meant.

Oh and btw...its really funny how you were so quick to jump on me over something so stupid, yet you still have not contributed anything to the discussion of any value other than attacking me. You have anything to say that actually has something to do with the post? Id sure like to hear it.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 


Okay so now you have read all 6 questions and you still think the answer is NO


At least now you know what questions you are answering - instead of just saying "NO I DONT THINK SO SINCE ITS OBAMA"

See - before you took that extra step to actually read them, the question could have been


Barack Obama rapes little children, is that the actions of a man who loves his country?

And you would have answered "NO"

Having never known the idiocy you just participated in.

Way to (finally) deny ignorance.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf
 


Who said I didnt read them? All I said was that I didnt remember how many questions he asked while typing in my reply.
I read them all. Im sorry, but I just dont post responses to a topic without reading what I am talking about first. I dont know how much more clearer I can make it for you.
So get off of it already.

and you have STILL yet to make a post on topic. Are you doing this just to ruin this thread? Or are you doing this just to be annoying? really?

It seems as if I have to appologize to the author of this thread because you went all childish with it.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Common Good
 


okay then, allow me to hold your hand and gently walk you through this step by step


someone asks you:


are these the actions of a president who loves his country..?


and you say


I dont know how many questions you asked



i dont know how many questions you asked = i dont know what you asked


[edit on 30-11-2009 by Snarf]


WTF is the matter with you!?!? I don't know the number doesn't mean I don't know the questions! Do you have a reading comprehension problem or is your blind allegience to the One preventing your brain from functioning properly!? There were a number of questions asked - I don't know how many either - but I also say that the answer to each is ABSOLUTELY NOT!



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo
 


THANK YOU!!!


To be honest...I think the sole intention of all of this was just to de-rail this mans thread. Sad. Now I doubt if this will ever make it to the front page, but we will never know.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'd like to add a point or two, which applies to Pres. BHO from this article:

Source: Thursday, October 29, 2009...www.thedailycrux.com/


"Stansberry: Detroit's socialist nightmare is America's future"


The likelihood America will become a giant Detroit is growing – rapidly. Politicians now control the banking sector, most of the manufacturing sector (including autos), a large amount of media, and are threatening to take over health care and the production of electricity (via cap and trade rules).

[...]

Every single mayor of Detroit since 1961 has been a Democrat. Every single mayor of Detroit since 1974 has been black.
Detroit has been a major recipient of every major social program since the early 1960s and has received hundreds of billions of dollars in government grants, loans, and programs.
We now have a black, Democrat president, who is promising to do to America as a whole what his political mentors have done to Detroit. ...



the underlined emphasis in the 1st paragraph is my doing to point out what Pres. Obamas is influencing right now.


Pres. BHO, was brought up socialist, & went on to become a 'neighborhood activist' --all underwritten by all sorts of efforts from 'the GreatSociety', which was bolstered & given new life from its justified demise by the Affirmative Action blather...

then the PoliticalCorrectness mantra that stymies all reasonable thought and action (such as 'Profiling' be it child molestors or terrorists)...

The outlandish P.C. in concert with the myraid of handout programs like mandantory breakfasts/lunches then after-school programs, then midnight-basketball etc etc
-> all devised so that gov't would provide (free of charge) ~ 18 hrs of babysitting/daycare/in-loco-parentis care for 25% of the society that never got their repairations...

its my view, that Obama's self-styled mission is to provide the promised "40 acres & a mule" , in a 21st century context.

and Detroit is a model the Pres. is familiar with.



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   


well this reads like PROPAGANDA




. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.
Propaganda is neutrally defined as a systematic form of purposeful persuasion that attempts to influence the emotions, attitudes, opinions, and actions of specified target audiences for ideological, political or commercial purposes through the controlled transmission of one-sided messages (which may or may not be factual) via mass and direct media channels."
—Richard Alan Nelson, A Chronology and Glossary of Propaganda


en.wikipedia.org...

No wonder we went to Iraq, truly, you righties proved to be very susceptible to manipulation...


Notice the word LOVE in the OP??? anybody???



loaded messages to produce an emotional response to the information presented



[edit on 30-11-2009 by Janky Red]



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf
 


Are you doing this to be comical.. because I'm getting a good laugh out of it. If you're serious.. then go over what he typed a few more times.


The age of pop-up books with very little literature has hurt this generation..



posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

I'd like to add a point or two, which applies to Pres. BHO from this article:

Source: Thursday, October 29, 2009...www.thedailycrux.com/


"Stansberry: Detroit's socialist nightmare is America's future"


The likelihood America will become a giant Detroit is growing – rapidly. Politicians now control the banking sector, most of the manufacturing sector (including autos), a large amount of media, and are threatening to take over health care and the production of electricity (via cap and trade rules).

[...]

Every single mayor of Detroit since 1961 has been a Democrat. Every single mayor of Detroit since 1974 has been black.
Detroit has been a major recipient of every major social program since the early 1960s and has received hundreds of billions of dollars in government grants, loans, and programs.
We now have a black, Democrat president, who is promising to do to America as a whole what his political mentors have done to Detroit. ...



the underlined emphasis in the 1st paragraph is my doing to point out what Pres. Obamas is influencing right now.


Pres. BHO, was brought up socialist, & went on to become a 'neighborhood activist' --all underwritten by all sorts of efforts from 'the GreatSociety', which was bolstered & given new life from its justified demise by the Affirmative Action blather...

then the PoliticalCorrectness mantra that stymies all reasonable thought and action (such as 'Profiling' be it child molestors or terrorists)...

The outlandish P.C. in concert with the myraid of handout programs like mandantory breakfasts/lunches then after-school programs, then midnight-basketball etc etc
-> all devised so that gov't would provide (free of charge) ~ 18 hrs of babysitting/daycare/in-loco-parentis care for 25% of the society that never got their repairations...

its my view, that Obama's self-styled mission is to provide the promised "40 acres & a mule" , in a 21st century context.

and Detroit is a model the Pres. is familiar with.


So then

You tell me

HOW MUCH $$$ HAS THE GOVERNMENT SENT YOU THIS YEAR?

DID YOU GET ANY CONTROLLING BONDS OR STOCKS?


Cause if you have not, it sure is taking a long time to get this socialism running

SO far he has giving $$$ to corporations

I suggest you smell the coffee and get the applicable ISM going...

This is not socialism



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join