It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Falling Object Seen Near South Miami

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Witnesses Told The Object Resembled A Hot Air Balloon

A flying object believed to be on fire in South Miami on Sunday caused officials to conduct a massive search. Police and fire fighters scoured the area by car, boat and by helicopter.
We saw like a giant red-like, a huge intense red ball which flew right across the side," Mercado said. "We though it was a hot air balloon or we thought it was a plane like crashing. We didn't know what it was at all."
Eleven-year-old Luis Mercado and his mom said they saw the object as they were driving home from dinner.

LINK cbs4.com...
I know this is in the ufo section but im not saying it's alien just unidentified is there anybody here from that area know anything about this was it a hot air balloon

This reminds me of something that happend not long ago when witnesses thought a plain went down in a river but nothing was found.

THANKYOU

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Looked for more links to this but could not find any but i beat The Examiner to it maybe they mite have more on this when they get there story up.

THANKYOU

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Kudos to you for posting this. I live in Homestead, FL and just saw the last 15 seconds of this report on the news. Kept my eyes glued to the screen to see if it would be repeated yet it didn't. I honestly have to say that I'm surprised to see it show up on ATS minutes after I saw it on the TV. I don't expect this to go very far but star and flag just in case.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Unless it was a giant chinese lantern i have no idea what it could be, nodody has been reported missing, dismissing it as a hot air balloon, im curious to know what this mesh is, and if they do find it to be not Earthly i hope the goverment doesnt scoop it up and pop it in a hanger somwhere in the desert.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaworu

Thank's for that if you here anything more on the news over there please pop in and let us know thank's.
EDIT to change a letter.

THANKYOU

[edit on 053030p://2009-11-30T05:50:02-06:003011 by mars1]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

That's why this reminds me of when people thought they saw a plain go down in a river and there was a search but nothing was found and the story just went away there is a thread on that somewhere on here.

THANKYOU

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Search on the Way

A land, sea and air search was underway Sunday night for a hot-air balloon that may have been on fire in the South Miami area.

It was not known whether anyone was aboard the balloon, seen near Southwest 84th Street and 52nd Avenue, or even whether the balloon existed.

According to Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue spokesman Lt. Eddy Ballester, callers said they saw the balloon. ``Whether it is on fire or not is not known,'' he said.

Seems like there is an eyewitness somewhere who came in contact with the balloon, according to the comments.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just found the video news report.
cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...
I find it intresting i like a mistory.

THANKYOU

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The story has been updated but it still remains a mystery.

Burning UFO Spotted In The Skies Over South Miami

The mystery surrounding a burning object seen falling from the sky in South Miami Sunday night remains, well – a mystery.

LINK cbs4.com...
There is video of the news in the link all they found in a bit of mesh and its not known if this is part of the object yet.
The mystery continues for now.

THANKYOU

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Found another news story on this.

Miami Hot-Air Balloon Mystery

Police and Fire-Rescue crews spent several hours searching for a hot-air balloon after they received several reports of one going down in flames in Miami last night.
The balloon was spotted on fire by several people around SW 53 Ct. and 88 St. just before 7 p.m.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue searched for the balloon on land and at sea, but turned up nothing.

LINK www.msnbc.msn.com...
So it's looking like it was a hot air ballon but nothing but a peace of mesh has been found and it's not known if the mesh is part of it yet if it was a hot air balloon why as the person who owns it not come forward they must cost a bit.

THANKYOU

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is interesting. Could be a UFO orb (which are readily seen here in England) of the amber/orange class. What I find peculiar is how no one has come forward claiming responsibility for it.

I am actually near a place called Miami-Lakes for work at the moment and I've been seeing a few weird things in the sky as well. Particularly in one occasion (last Friday), at about 12:30 AM, in the wester skies, there was this extremely bright/shimmering star-like object positioned in the sky that was moving very slowly diagonally. Then it would dim out and light back up again. It moved a few inches across the sky (from my position) in the span of aboput five minutes. The average Joe would have mistaken it for a star or even Venus, but it wasn't! It's movement was very subtle. Even stranger was that it has since disappeared from that area of the sky -- I went out to check these past days and it was no longer there!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

To be honest with you i dont have a clue what it was but they are not looking anymore and the mesh the firemen say it mite have nothing to do with the incident this is what the South Florida police had to say.

The truth may be out there, but South Florida police agencies say they're not going to spend any more resources looking for it.
As of Monday morning, Miami-Dade police said they had classified the case of the flying object believed to be on fire as unfounded.
"They found nothing that could conclude anything was wrong or there was anything criminal in nature," Miami-Dade Police Det. Robert Williams told CBS4.com.

LINK cbs4.com...
That is in the link in my opening post but is was not in it when i posed it they must have updated it looks like this is going to remain a mystery.
Thankyou for your replies.

THANKYOU

[edit on 033030p://2009-11-30T15:50:01-06:003011 by mars1]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't know a whole lot about hot air balloons, but I do know that the canvas that the actual balloon is made out of is FIREPROOF. So there is a very very large balloon in the middle of Miami somewhere on the ground, and they can't find it?

BTW THIS is what a flaming hot air balloon looks like... not exactly a "huge glowing ball of fire" is it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Blender]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i dont get why ppl would label it as a hot air balloon or a balloon at all when something of that effect sounds more along the lines of a meteor...?
has anyone mentioned that possibility?

also, mars1, how old are you? your misspelling is an eye sour and i cant help but read your posts in a kids tone of voice. haha. not a jab, just curious...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone know they are shooting down Alien craft?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

It's a UFO obviously!

What else can it be?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I know riight of coarse theres a 30sec half aced report on this story which gives all the utencils of a cover up...i meen that ignorant dude "yea i was drivn home n i saw dis pieca metal burnin in da road i grabbed it somehow?and draggd it to da sida of da road huh huh"...geez what a perfect canidate like wouldnt you think there would be some kind of debris trail then? obviously whatever it was they dont want us to know about it they expect "hey honey get this a hot air ballon burnt down today hot dam you know were never goin on those..""poor people,i hope there familys cope"ahh im mad i think this is bigger.. did neone freeze frame that kids drawing looked kinda weird to me

[edit on 30-11-2009 by btek2200]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by btek2200
I know riight of coarse theres a 30sec half aced report on this story which gives all the utencils of a cover up...i meen that ignorant dude "yea i was drivn home n i saw dis pieca metal burnin in da road i grabbed it somehow?and draggd it to da sida of da road huh huh"...geez what a perfect canidate like wouldnt you think there would be some kind of debris trail then? obviously whatever it was they dont want us to know about it they expect "hey honey get this a hot air ballon burnt down today hot dam you know were never goin on those..""poor people,i hope there familys cope"ahh im mad i think this is bigger.. did neone freeze frame that kids drawing looked kinda weird to me

[edit on 30-11-2009 by btek2200]

mate im with you with what you say but for the love of god this is not a mobile phone it's a forum and if you cant write properly please don't post that is an eye sore.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Get your cameras ready. I have a feeling that a lot of these "random" objects will turn up in the next month or so.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This doesn't help to solve the matter, but I live in West Palm Beach, FL, and when I was in 6th grade I saw something similar to what is described very close to my house, riding on the bus to school.

This was a very long time ago and one other person saw it, the kid sitting next to me when I grabbed his arm and said "What the hell is that?!" Nothing ever in the news or anything. This was...I don't feel like counting, over 10 years ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join