It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sensational" Archaeological Find

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A Swedish place with a Finnish name. Kaunis = beautiful, Vaara = a hill

I'm guessing they f*cked up with the carbon dating. Does anyone have any links to real scientific journals? Surely they published this somewhere good..?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Yes! Thank you for the link, went through and watched his clips (that are free) and read some of his explanations. Much info and the free clips here: Link

For some of the more skeptical (as I was), this is not 'his' theory alone per say, but may have originated from one Professor Samuel Warren Carey, of Australia.

Samuel Warren Carey (Wiki)

This really explains a lot to me, and you can't ignore the evidence especially of it happening on other planets (see the moon, mars, titan clips).

I suppose the most controversial part of this (other than the growing thing) is that subduction does not occur.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

"Sensational" Archaeological Find

www.sr.se

The Polar ice cap during the last Ice Age might not have been as extensive as previously thought, according to archaeologists looking at the remains of human settlements in the north of Sweden.

People may have lived in the northern region of Tornedalen as far back as 11,000 years ago, according to Olof Östlund, speaking to the Norrländska Socialdemokraten newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Im telling you in my opinon we will see Atlantis soon because it's buried under the ice cap in the Artic critisise me all you like but i firmly believe thats the honest truth

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Interesting find. Am looking forward to hearing more about it and about the information that can be gleaned from the artifacts.

IMO there needs to be other evidence of civilizations that far north to conclude that the polar ice cap was just smaller than previously thought. Numerous finds at the same latitudes might be significant. As it is, it seems this one village is something of an anomaly.

Some people are so eager to prove that global warming is not a man-made phenomenon they will just jump on any possible evidence to prove their contention, no matter how slight. Right now the preponderance of scientific evidence appears to be on the side of human responsibility for the present climate change.

But new information has to be taken seriously too.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keymaster1
Come on! At least look at this site, watch the sample vid's of "the formation of the great lakes, then come back here and e'splane' it to me!

Break the Hold they have on your Brain!
Spend a couple of bucks to begin to raise the veil of stupidity from your brain.

www.nealadams.com

[edit on 11/29/09 by Keymaster1]

You mean here?

www.nealadams.com...
(I am quite serious about this. I’m not angry nor do I disrespect geology. In fact I’m saying geology is the key science that may and must now open the door to all of science’s future this century, and it’s a damn shame. Geology doesn’t take its responsibility seriously.)

If there was a time, friend geologist, to challenge me, this is the time. Perhaps the last time before I publicly challenge the last 40 years of wrong geological theory before it‘s built up again.
end quote

Well I'm sorry but the 'Net is full of people who disagree with established science, some who still believe the Earth is flat and all of those sites are free.

Why would anyone want to pay to view your theories? you have not even checked your writings for glaring errors! vis.

You know the continental plate seemed to form, give or take, 5 billion years ago but that now that ancient planet covers only 1/4 of the planet.
end quote

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick

Yes! Thank you for the link, went through and watched his clips (that are free) and read some of his explanations. Much info and the free clips here: Link

For some of the more skeptical (as I was), this is not 'his' theory alone per say, but may have originated from one Professor Samuel Warren Carey, of Australia.

Samuel Warren Carey (Wiki)

This really explains a lot to me, and you can't ignore the evidence especially of it happening on other planets (see the moon, mars, titan clips).

I suppose the most controversial part of this (other than the growing thing) is that subduction does not occur.

Plagiarism is rife everywhere....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Then the two broke up into more pieces and believe it or not, the pieces are moving toward the equator to crash! Don’t ask me why!! Maybe the band broke up and they’re on tour in solo acts.
end quote

Discounting centrifugal forces are we?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
polar caps are melting geez i wouldnt of guessed but in a book i have i do have maps of the world before the last ice age and it shows a pole # of about 15 degrees in about 11000-10000bc which landed Atlantis squarly in the South Pole it would be very interesting to see a bit of Atlantis pop up before 2012 and our supposed doom i beleive the Atlantians started the Pyramids and the egyptians finshed them and im certain they made the sphynix going by the water erosion on it and the time it would of taken for the erosion to happen lands at roughly 11000-10000bc as well i'll try to copy those maps and paste them for anyone who wishes to see them

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
which landed Atlantis squarly in the South Pole it would be very interesting to see a bit of Atlantis pop up before 2012

And just before that post was this one.

Im telling you in my opinon we will see Atlantis soon because it's buried under the ice cap in the Artic critisise me all you like but i firmly believe thats the honest truth
end quote

For your clarity.

Arctic = North Pole region

Antarctic = South Pole region

Now which one would you like to pick since you can't have it both ways?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So I guess all the animals and plant life trapped in layers of earth apparently frozen during the ice age just lay down and died? Do you believe your father is your father, and why?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

And your hostility should make me want to listen to you? Why would I want to listen to a hostile, name-calling boob who can't write intelligently without attacking????

I can't even take you seriously with your remarks. Get a life or get some manners. Either will do.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
which landed Atlantis squarly in the South Pole it would be very interesting to see a bit of Atlantis pop up before 2012

And just before that post was this one.

end quote

For your clarity.

Arctic = North Pole region

Antarctic = South Pole region

Now which one would you like to pick since you can't have it both ways?

Thanks for making that painfully ovbious i did mean antartic not artic my bad thanks for the heads up

[edit on 1-12-2009 by KeeperOfGenisis]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What this says to me that this is more evidence that climate change is a bunch of Baloney!!. The ice age wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I do believe there was an ice age however and in this part of the world it did shape the great lakes....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

That little clip makes your post pretty darn ironic, and funny.
Seeing you call us stupid, then presenting that video was hilarious.
That video defined the word stupid, let alone it was on a comic site.
Well, I guess that's where it belongs.

BUT... I agree most of the materials taught in schools is BS.
Well, the History part of the material.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Alexander the Great]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join