It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sensational" Archaeological Find

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"Sensational" Archaeological Find

www.sr.se

The Polar ice cap during the last Ice Age might not have been as extensive as previously thought, according to archaeologists looking at the remains of human settlements in the north of Sweden.

People may have lived in the northern region of Tornedalen as far back as 11,000 years ago, according to Olof Östlund, speaking to the Norrländska Socialdemokraten newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I find the date very astonishing! It was during the end of the last ice age and the time when the pyramids were in alliance with Orion. I bet the coming years will bring a lot more of these findings because the ice is melting away.
Ötzi is a good example for that.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.sr.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cool find. I love it when previous theories get debunked with a "new" find. To think this was found in an area where a mine was going. Sometimes progress nets us great archaeological finds

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I hate to burst everyones bubble who has believed the lies propogated by the mainline teaching establishment, but there was no ice age! I know your going to say "YOUR CRAZY", "YOU ARE STUPID", etc., etc., but it is YOU who are!

You have been brainwashed since birth, to believe anything they tell you without a second of thought!

The prime example is the formation of the Great Lakes in America, do you seriously believe that a flat wall of ice can dig a hole 600 feet deep straight down perpendicular to the path of the ice sheet?

Come on! At least look at this site, watch the sample vid's of "the formation of the great lakes, then come back here and e'splane' it to me!

Break the Hold they have on your Brain!

Spend a couple of bucks to begin to raise the veil of stupidity from your brain.

www.nealadams.com

[edit on 11/29/09 by Keymaster1]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

all i see is a link to some comic book stuff? please elaborate? i also don't buy most of the mainstream history, but was hoping to see more than x-men comics

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Look in the "science a new model of the universe" section. C'mon use your scroll wheel!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Here's the clip for the great lakes

www.continuitystudios.net...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Great find, Starred, and flagged.

This shows once again that the ongoing Climate Change is neither exceptional, nor the worse. There have been Climate Changes that occurred faster, and were worse globally.

However, the Earth's magnetic field is very weak, and having large fluctuations which is opening large breaches in the magnetic field which haven't occurred in a very long time.

We have the fact that the interplanetary field is weaker, and also having large fluctuations which is allowing more cosmic rays, charged particles, interstellar dust, plasma etc are entering the Solar System, and are changing the dynamics of planets like Earth.

All of this, even when the Sun's activity is down, something else is causing warming in the atmosphere, and it is drectly linked to the large fluctuations of the interplanetary magnetic field, and the weakening of also the Earth's magnetic field.

We are not out of the ongoing Climate Change, which we can't do anything about to stop it, or mitigate it.

The Universe will have the final say as to what happens to us in the years to come, not mankind.

Just prepare and adapt. That's all that all animals, vegetation and mankind have been able to do throughout the history of Earth.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I completely agree - it will be interesting to see the Climate Change gestapo come along and try and explain this one. I really wish they would try and engage on topics like this that shatter their historical perceptions of climatology.

If the polar icecaps were not as far advanced as previously thought, at the time thought, then someone has got their dating and ice-spread figures quite badly wrong. They should admit it and face the music.

The Para.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is really cool!

But come on, not the place for talking about climate change debate. Or... ice age... debate. Let's just play nice and talk about the archaeological significance. I wonder what they found in the settlements! Those artifacts must be amazing.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would have to agree with you Ravenshadow13...I would love to see some photos or video of the settlements.If any one comes across this please post....this is Good Stuff

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Being condescending is a terrible way to get your message across. You sound less like someone who wants to share knowledge and more like someone who wants to feel smarter than others. Bogus. If you feel passionate about your subject matter, it would help to be tactful and a little less smug.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Very interesting. That kinda puts a big "WTF" into the massive Ice sheet theory. How did such a settlement survive in such an area?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Erm, let me get this straight ...

We have been brainwashed by the "teaching establishment" that there was an ice age, for which there is countless geologic, paleo-meteorologic, anthropologic, etc evidence for ... yet YOU have seen and now shown us the light because of a two bit animation thingie on a comic book site?

Very nice.

btw, a word in your ear, plate tectonics and ice ages aren't mutually exclusive ... oh, and by another way, can you tell me which one of my nafarious science teachers moved those glacial boulders down to central park, and more importantly, what is their sordid end game which motivated them to do so?

And finally, should you find my tone that of an irritating thinks he knows it all jackass ... well now you know how we feel.

To the OP:

Terrific find, though I am unsure how the pyramids and Orion relate to it. Nevertheless i am always astounded by humans' ability to adapt to extreme environments and by new discovery. S&F for thee.

[edit on 30 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I hate to burst everyones bubble who has believed the lies propogated by the mainline teaching establishment, but there was no ice age! I know your going to say "YOUR CRAZY", "YOU ARE STUPID", etc., etc., but it is YOU who are!

You have been brainwashed since birth, to believe anything they tell you without a second of thought!

The prime example is the formation of the Great Lakes in America, do you seriously believe that a flat wall of ice can dig a hole 600 feet deep straight down perpendicular to the path of the ice sheet?

You know a few years back I would not have believed you and would have held scientist in the highest esteem, thinking they are among the most honorable of men, but recently with the climate gate,

I wonder how many other lies they keep us brainwashed with.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SD,

You've been on ATS long enough to know that science and academia are the two evils that must be vanquished if we are to advance to a more enlightened state.

That, plus, they just simply get in the way of a good story way too much!

[edit on 30-11-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't see any evidence in that clip, let alone proof. Just a simple animation. Nothing even remotely scientific about it. Are we just to take the narrator's word for it that "this is the origin of the Great Lakes?"

And, no, I'm not going to spend money to read about some crackpot theory. They're free all over the net.

To the OP: I think they will find more settlements as the ice melts. I also believe there are many submerged settlements that have yet to be discovered. Nice find.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

wow, the article was 100 words or less.
which is representative of this premature conclusion , the Ice sheet was globally smaller than thought/taught.

i would suggest there might be a localized condition or phenomenon that was at work in the area....

maps show the area, between the border of Sweden-Finland, is low lying Tundra... the higher mountains which form a sort of perimeter barrier around the site(s) and the present Gulf of Bothnia...
might just have acted as a northern boundary where the sea-ice built Upward instead of stretching outward.

imho...the data, geology, etc needs to be investigated further.

Who knows, there might have been a temporary 'hot-spot' below the crust in that region lasting a couple thousand years... & that was the reason for the tribes/groups of peoples migrating there to begin with.
A veritable 'Oasis' in the land of Ice...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Later ADD:
Source:

www.northlandresourcesinc.com...

6.3 Deposit Type
...These deposits are hosted within a Karelian volcanosedimentary sequence and are generally referred to as 'skarn iron ores' and as such....

... several bands, or lenses of magnetite skarn...(1997)
More recent interpetation is that the deposit is an Iron Oxide Copper-Gold (IOCG) type model ...etc...
from Wardell Armstrong International

See, there are Volcano-Sedimentry ore deposits in the area...
so there could have been an anomoly in the nature of the area/region.

the mining co. report says there is evidence of magnitite and copper-gold

the ice cap may have not covered this area for any number of reasons...
not because the whole northern hemisphere ice-cap was only big enough to cover the Arctic circle instead of down to the ~40th latitude

its not an Open-&-Shut case... so ya'll hold the applause, thank you

[edit on 30-11-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Interesting find, thanks!
It seems hard to get more information on these new findings, indeed...
This article has little more content, but apparently that's about it, for now. Some Swedish or Suomi people around with local news sources, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

...you compare a video on a comic book site to decades of scientific facts...saying that science is wrong...and you are right....and you call US brainwashed ???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join