It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traveling to another Galaxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It always makes me wince, when I hear someone (say on a talk radio show) talk about "beings" from another galaxy or a news reporter "are we being visited from aliens from another galaxy"?, so and so believes so. etc...

I mean we are talking about an Island universe here! 'andromada galaxy' is like 2.2 MILLION light years away!! (travel 186,262 miles a second in your star ship and at that speed it will take you 2 million and 2 hundred thousand years to get to the closest major galaxy!!

Even the Large Magellan cloud. Small Magellan cloud minor galaxies are over 150,000 light years away.

Space is so void its crazy!! the space in-between stars is massively distant!! between galaxies its impossible to comprehend!!

I think Dr. Michio Kaku is the only one to help with the brain grasping these distances with his
type 0,1, and 3 (and some speculating on 4 and 5 'anyone here can explain what they might be like??)

We humans are just so puny when it comes to the vastness of space.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well my dear friend, you are basing this on the assumption that the technology that the aliens possess are similar to us. But think that the aliens were born in their land in a much earlier timescale than us. They will surely have a more advanced knowledge of the universe and more advanced technology than us. And hence they would know the way to reach earth in the shortest time.

Now you can say, travelling at the speed of light and inter-dimensional travel may look sci-fi. It looks that way because our current knowledge of the universe is such. As we develop over time, such travel will become a reality. Did we imagine that we would get off the ground before the wright brothers? It is much like that.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The laws of physics that apply here may be different elsewhere in the universe. Some civilizations may have the technology to manipulate the space/time continuum. Others may jump from one dimension to another. Some may have technology that permits travels at the speed of thought.

The human psyche is not equipped to handle such claims, because there is no experience related to it. One needs to keep an open mind. Nothing's impossible IMO.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Dr. Kaku is a disinfo agent....

He appears on mainstream media for the purpose of confusing the public... all of his 'theories' and 'science' are wrong....

Time is running out on these 'shills' and they will be 'called out' very soon...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Can you just provide some reasoning/evidence for the statements you made?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There is a theory that space litteraly is infinite... There are other universes than ours in the same space, the other universes are just so far away that their light cant reach us!

And scientific experiments suggests that there are parallel universes too!

Our universe is like a sandcorn on a beach...

The entire playlist:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is very true that according to *our* physics at the current time, it would be very challenging to travel to another galaxy. But that assumes that *our* physics are correct and absolute. I can just as easily imagine that there is a mechanism for "transporting" from one galaxy to another via some fundamental property of the multi-verse that does not involve any movement through space or time.

My question would be, why would it have to be creatures from another galaxy? Why couldn't it be creatures from another spiral arm of our own galaxy?

On another note, there is an interesting theory regarding M-Theory that suggests that there are a multitiude of universes in a vast 11th dimension that move around and occasionally bump into each other. When they bump into each other, like soap bubbles, they can either merge, or bounce, creating, destroying, or altering entire universes in the process. In fact, some suggest that the big bang itself was not a singularity in the commonly believed sense, but a series of impact points where two universes collided which then coallesced into a single new universe. Fod for thought anyway and enough to make one realize that our concept of space travel may not be anything close to what some other race may have discovered.

The age of a race has nothign to do with their technological prowess.. many, if not most, of our discoveries have been the result of accidents.

[edit on 11-29-2009 by rogerstigers]

new topics

top topics

join